You know you've played too many video games when...

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
You try to move around like an over-the-shoulder game and see button prompts to open doors or jump over barriers/chest high walls.

As a kid I would try to pull off Street Fighter or SOR moves horribly. I remember one time trying to knock over trash can thinking their would be a perfectly roasted chicken in there. I was wrong. Then there was that one time as a kid where I tried moving around like an RE protagonist from the PSX games. It was fun for a minute.

Last edited:

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
When you make topics about knowing that you've played too many games.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
You die of dehydration covered in your own filth.

Or...in the spirit this thread was intended. You look at a building and start thinking about how to climb it. Bonus points for picking a spot to leap off of into a waiting cart of hay.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
When scoliosis is diagnosed.

Oh, umm, everytime I see a coffee table in a dining room the urge to salmon leap over in slow motion as I twist my body around shooting all threats in the vicinity before landing the other side. Haha take that! Without guns of course. A small detail easily forgotten until after landing through the table while the kids are crying and the dog's licking all the blood gushing from my newfound wounds.

Also years of skateboard games a whiles ago have done a number on the brain so can't look at humble outdoor guardrails, benches, fences, slopes (or a specific collection of early 00s to late 90s nu metal, punk, rap, hip hop, ska music) without imagining the raw thrill of accidentally falling genitalia first trying to grind the damn things.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
Every problem feels designed around an existing solution. It's a good mindset, actually. But horribly false.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
One time I was walking down the street and I reached a street light and for some reason I had the greatest urge to use a kick to press the street light button, it just seemed to be at a perfectly kickable spot for some reason.

Too many fighting games.

You know you've played too many stealth games when the first thing you do when entering a place is look for dark corners and potential exits.
I think that's called PTSD lol.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
When you imagine UI elements in your mind/in front of you with the associated sounds

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
When your dreams are about a game you played years ago.

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
When you know the Flags and borders of 1444 as represented in EU4 better than the current real world ones.