You Might Soon be Able to Replace the StarCraft 2 Announcer with Morgan Freeman or Snoop Dogg

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
You Might Soon be Able to Replace the StarCraft 2 Announcer with Morgan Freeman or Snoop Dogg

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1348/1348757.jpgBlizzard may be about to start selling new announcer voices, skins, and more for StarCraft 2.

Imagine Morgan Freeman telling you to build more pylons, or that you need more Vespene gas. If a survey that popped up on Reddit [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-09-12-blizzard-thinking-about-selling-announcer-packs-for-starcraft-2] is to be believed, that might be an option you purchase from Blizzard in the not-too-distant future.

The survey lists a number of items that could appear as microtransactions in StarCraft 2, and asks the user to rate their interest in each of them. It includes chat emoticons, unit skins, and most interestingly, a wide array of possible voice over announcers that could be added to the game. You can see the full list in the image to the right, but a few of the options are:

Alarak
Morgan Freeman
Raynor
Snoop Dogg
David Kim
Thrall
The Hearthstone Innkeeper

Despite an admonition on the survey to not share the contents o0f the survey, it was posted in its entirety to imgur, and can be seen below.

While Blizzard hasn't made an official statement on the leak, one of their community managers responded [https://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/51zv2x/i_got_an_email_survey_from_blizzard_today_asking/d7ga3rb] to the Reddit post revealing the survey, saying,

"We see you... we're always watching. You don't want to go to Blizzard Jail, do you?!"

Odds are that we'll hear more about this and any other plans Blizzard may have at Blizzcon in November.

[imgur=a/RORvz]

Borty The Bort

Jul 23, 2016
If they don't get Morgan Freeman as an advisor I am going to be seriously disappointed in the Starcraft team.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Does Morgan Freeman know about this, or is this one of his great impersonators?

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
FalloutJack said:
I think with enough money, Morgan Freeman will do anything. Plus I think if you're selling a voice pack based off of a celebrity and you're not using the real celebrity, that can get you in legal trouble.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
RaikuFA said:
FalloutJack said:
I think with enough money, Morgan Freeman will do anything. Plus I think if you're selling a voice pack based off of a celebrity and you're not using the real celebrity, that can get you in legal trouble.
If you advertise that it's him and it's not, then that is a thing. If you actually reveal officially that it's that guy on youtube that sounds like Morgan Freeman (which he's heard), then that is not a thing, but it IS a bit iffy.

linkblade91

Dec 2, 2009
Blizzard, don't pull a dick-move. Either you hire Morgan Freeman and make it so, or you don't pretend that it might happen :/

...but please make it happen. Please.

Dr. Thrax

Dec 5, 2011
An Alarak one would be pretty amazing, now I can have Q be a condescending asshole to me while I fail miserably at the game.