You must move to a country that borders your own, forever - which do you pick?

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
England here. If we're counting countries that aren't nations, then i'd choose Wales. If it has to be another nation, then probably Germany.

Ryotknife

Oct 15, 2011
Fuzzed said:
Ryotknife said:
Fuzzed said:
Gotta be Mexico. Way better babes. Way better parties. Dollar is way stronger than the Mexican Peso. Weather is a million times better. Spanish is a gangster language. And if you're that worried about safety, just pick a tourist spot to live the rest of your time. Mexico has got a shit ton of those.

By the way, and in case you didn't already know, just by glancing through this thread you can get a good idea of America's general feelings towards Mexicans...
actually it is our attitude about mexico, not its people. I have heard good things about its people (also heard they are pretty good with silver). But the drug wars, weather, and general poverity are a big detrement. if there wasnt anything wrong with mexico, its people would not flock to our country so much that illegal immigrants are a concern.

that and the language barrier. Although honestly i would imagine that the weather is a major factor.
Mexico, Mexicans...Whatever. We can assume you have also chosen Canada.
1. i despise hot weather

2. I live a few miles from Canada, virtually no culture shock or...getting used to anything. In fact my accent is similiar to a canadian's

3. i dont speak spanish

4. I hate tequila and coronas but love canadian beer.

But honestly, #1 is very VERY strong in me. I cant STAND sweating constantly. Hell, i was born in the state of Louisiana, and although i love the food, people, and culture i will NEVER step foot in that state because of the weather. There are many non-racist reasons why an average american wouldnt want to go to mexico that has little to do with the government or its people.

cookingwithrage

Apr 4, 2012
Russia, yes I know it isn't the best place in the world; but me being a first generation immigrant (came to Canada at five), it would be fitting to return to the land I was born in, to die where I came from..

Actually, fuck that shit, I've always wanted to go to Alaska.

Pessimismus

Nov 9, 2009
I think I'd go for Germany, sure their game laws are rather strict but there are some amazing landscapes out there.

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
Canada.

Any other questions?

Canada, it's like America but smarter. Canada, where's it's only cold 9 months of the Year. Canada where their still sorry for Nickleback.

Jayemsal

Dec 28, 2012
Canada here I come!

A land of opportunity where I can be a gay transgender woman without being violently oppressed.

Canada, you're so awesome.

Spinozaad

Jun 16, 2008
Germany.

It's bigger than Belgium, the beer is nice, Germans are generally nice, I adore the Autobahn. Sure, the architecture in the villages looks horrible (sorry German Escapees!) and the urge to put that mayonaisey... stuff... on sandwiches is horrible, but nobody's perfect.

As for the language... Spoken by a fine, lovely mädchen is damn sexy.

Screw it, I'm moving to Germany anyway.

PonceyMcTosserFaic

Jul 30, 2011
shrekfan246 said:
Well, that's easy. Canada. It's where I wanted to go to university, anyway. And it's only like, a two hour drive to the border from where I'm currently living. No hassle there.

Next question!

same, I live in Oregon so I'd rather have free health care and maple syrup to go with my waffles. I'm off to Canada.

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
Spinozaad said:
Germany.

It's bigger than Belgium, the beer is nice, Germans are generally nice, I adore the Autobahn. Sure, the architecture in the villages looks horrible (sorry German Escapees!) and the urge to put that mayonaisey... stuff... on sandwiches is horrible, but nobody's perfect.

As for the language... Spoken by a fine, lovely mädchen is damn sexy.

Screw it, I'm moving to Germany anyway.
This might very well be the first thing I've seen you post on the Escapist that didn't make me think you were me... [sub][sub]Good to see you around some more again :) [/sub][/sub]

dfphetteplace

Nov 29, 2009
I'm in the US, so Canada would be fine. I live less than an hour from a bridge to Canada (I live on Lake Huron). Don't think too much would change, and what did would probably be for the better.

Griffolion

Elite Member
Aug 18, 2009
I live in England. If you are to count it actually as England and not the UK, then I would pick Wales. I'd pick Wales because of the utterly beautiful cities to go to, and the fact that where I live currently isn't actually too far a drive from Wales (or North Wales specifically). Also, the Welsh coast [a href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-15482233"]has recently been deemed the most beautiful place on Earth[/a]. So that's a plus.

If where I live is considered the UK and thus boundaries extend through Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, then I would pick Iceland. One of the best healthcare systems in the world, the people are among the happiest in the world and it has some cool scenery.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
HA! I live in Australia, moth-

Oh you sly fox.

Well, still an easy choice. It's like PNG, some little island (could be nice, but expensive) or New Zealand. Now which of those three has bungee jumping, hot springs, white water rafting, a slightly cheaper currency than Australia, intact heritage and possum fur socks? THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT.

Psykoma

Nov 29, 2010
Krantos said:
Canada.

Any other questions?

Canada, it's like America but smarter. Canada, where's it's only cold 9 months of the Year. Canada where their still sorry for Nickleback.
We've moved on to being sorry for bieber.

Anyway, Canadian here, so I guess I'd go to Denmark, they seem fun.

Jhooud

Someone's Dad
Nov 29, 2011
Joining the chorus of the great Canadian immigration. Which, if they have the sense I believe they do, will lead the the GREAT CANADIAN WALL. Keep those hosers where they belong, eh.

IndomitableSam

Sep 6, 2011
Professor Lupin Madblood said:
Well, I live in Canada, so there's really one option.

France.

(Yes, I'm serious.)
I'm actually Sam's sister, but I know I speak for both of us when I say THIS.

We actually do want to move to France as it is.

GreyDevil

Jul 4, 2009
South Africa here :D. Man I've got a few to chose from :p. Swaziland, Lesotho, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Botswana or Namibia...
And I really don't know which is better to be honest. Zim, Swazi and Lesotho are out so that only leaves Botswana, Namibia or Mozambique. If pressed probably Namibia cuz it was part of South Africa at one point so it seems like the place I could just ease into (also my favourite brand of beer comes from there... delicious Windhoek).