You Will Believe Your Fists Can Fly in This Superman Video

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
You Will Believe Your Fists Can Fly in This Superman Video

Corridor Digital's Superman With a GoPro sends viewers on a first person trip through a day of super-heroism.

Batman may arguably be the cooler superhero but, when you get down to it, most people would probably want to be Superman. Sadly, science has yet to crack the conundrum of producing a live Kryptonian so we frail humans can only dream of what it might be like to fly, run faster than a speeding bullet or have pretty much every other beneficial ability ever devised. That being the case, fans of the Last Son of Krypton can at least sample his powers second hand thanks to movies, TV shows and, most recently, YouTube videos like <a href=https://www.facebook.com/corridordigital>Corridor Digital's <a href=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0Ib9SwC7EI>Superman With a GoPro.

Clocking in at about three minutes and 20 seconds in length, the video follows the famous character as he goes about a day of fighting crime and saving citizens, all with a camera strapped to his head. Assembled using aerial drone footage and sequences shot by live actors, it's a nifty little view that does a pretty decent job conveying what it might be like to zip around as the classic hero.

Now granted, we've obviously seen content like this before from Hollywood. That said, its still an impressive demonstration that does a good job exhibiting the potential of small production group. It's also just kind of nice to see Superman treated a bit more playfully than we've seen in other <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escape-to-the-movies/7521-Man-of-Steel>recent takes on the character. What do you think? Has Corridor Digital captured your mental image of Superman or did it miss its mark?

Source: <a href=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0Ib9SwC7EI>YouTube

Nokturos

Nov 17, 2009
At 0:51 Superman punches a guy and his head doesn't explode. This is obviously not the real Superman, guys.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Okay, I gotta admit, that was pretty cool. And I won't lie, I did make a "wooosh" noise every so often.

Sep 24, 2008
Batman's the cooler hero? not really. He's a mary sue who has the worst superpower of all: Plot Armor. He'll do it because he's Batman. That's freaking boring. And he's just as much of a boy scout as Superman.

I never got the legion of criminals afraid that the big bad bat will kill them if they don't give up the goods... when they are all put in jail by batman and no one turned to the left and right and realized ".. Has Batman really killed any one of us?"

I do like the playful Superman, though. If I did have those powers, yeah, I'd save everyone I could. But I'd totally have some fun.

... the yard was a dick move though, Supes. Dick Move.

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
ObsidianJones said:
Batman's the cooler hero? not really. He's a mary sue who has the worst superpower of all: Plot Armor. He'll do it because he's Batman. That's freaking boring. And he's just as much of a boy scout as Superman.

I never got the legion of criminals afraid that the big bad bat will kill them if they don't give up the goods... when they are all put in jail by batman and no one turned to the left and right and realized ".. Has Batman really killed any one of us?"

I do like the playful Superman, though. If I did have those powers, yeah, I'd save everyone I could. But I'd totally have some fun.

... the yard was a dick move though, Supes. Dick Move.
It's true Batman won't kill them, but he doesn't have an issue beating the shit out of them. I think I probably dislocated about a collective 5,000 joints in my trip through Arkham City.

Dreadjaws

Nov 29, 2011
ObsidianJones said:

That's an unfair generalization. I could say the same of almost any other comic book character. Take the Punisher, for instance. For being just a trained but regular non-powered guy he's shrugged off things that would kill an army. Heck, he even came back from the dead at least twice. And not the regulars "No, I was only pretending" or "It was actually a clone" kind of deaths.

Plus, you seem to imply death is the only thing you should fear. Far from the truth. I think, for instance, a reality show star becoming president would be scarier.

On topic: The video is amazing. I'd love it for something like this to be featured in a Superman film.

Sep 24, 2008
Dreadjaws said:
That's an unfair generalization. I could say the same of almost any other comic book character. Take the Punisher, for instance. For being just a trained but regular non-powered guy he's shrugged off things that would kill an army. Heck, he even came back from the dead at least twice. And not the regulars "No, I was only pretending" or "It was actually a clone" kind of deaths.

Plus, you seem to imply death is the only thing you should fear. Far from the truth. I think, for instance, a reality show star becoming president would be scarier.
I imply what I read from random goons, heard in his games, and seen in his shows. Most of the thugs always seem to have the idea that Batman kills their kind or worse. Yet no one ever dies. It makes no sense to me.

Also, I have the same problem with Punisher. But Batman is worse. Because of the degree of his plot armor and just the rabid love everyone has for Batman.

I mean, Why do people say Superman is boring and Batman isn't? Because Superman is so powerful, he can do anything. That would be an apt argument, but in the same breath most people will say Batman can always win because he's Batman. Why is being an alien God boring, but because so perfect because 'he's so cool' that no one can ever think he can lose NOT boring?

Superman's boring because he's a boyscout. He follows the rules too strictly. Batman follows his rules and the rules of law strictly as well. In fact, both are slaves to their moral code. But because Batman puts on a growly voice and threatens people, he's somehow better?

What's left? Batman is snide and demeaning? So are 80% of comics nowadays. So are 95% of real life people. There's nothing new there. He's Superman without the powers, yet the ability to do everything because everyone considers him perfect and with an attitude.

Personally, I like my heroes like Spider Man. But more to the point, Batman is the 'best' because people want him to be. That's Plot Armor. That's the Collective force of the Chosen Mary Sue that he can run with Gods and still keep up step. Green Arrow regularly says things are out of his league, and people will look at him funny if he tried. Same with the Question, Nightwing, and the rest of the non powered heroes. They'll go and do jobs to help the cause, but they won't stand in the main fight with Darkseid unless they really, really have to. And I'm sure if they tried to join the first wave, all the readers would go 'what the fuck'

But not Batman.

Only for the reason that he's Batman.

Boring.