Young Justice/Teen Titans Go! Crossover: WTF...

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
So, yeah...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1AKrm3H1Lk

I don't know how many people here were fans of Young Justice, but I can't imagine too many are fans of Teen Titans Go.

To me, making fun of Young Justice, especially considering the controversies of it's cancellation, is a few decades too early. Yeah, I know they haven't actually aired the episode or showed what exactly is going to happen, but considering the episodes I've watched so far I think we all know whats going to go down. Instead of something cool, they seem to have made something that is akin to salt on a wound.

What do you guys think?

EDIT: Just watched it fully, and man it was a lot worse than I thought it would be. It had a few moments that made me smile, like they usually do, but I still think this show needs to die in a fire. For one, it is NOT a fucking Young Justice/Teen Titans Go! crossover. There was only Aqualad, since the voice actor of Aqualad also happens to be Cyborg. The art, and animation, was horrible. This was lazy, deceptive, and disappointing. Some of you guys are saying that this shows that someone in DC or WB wants change. I hope to God you're right, though it's hard to believe it. To me it felt more like a nice big middle finger to anyone who doesn't like Teen Titans Go, telling us to just accept the show. FUCK no. I grew up with awesome cartoons like BTAS and Avatar, I want my little sister to have something more than the work a couple of washed up animators who overdosed on LSD.

RE-EDIT: Found this online: http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/teen-titans-go-producer-revels-in-stupidity-of-young-justice-crossover

So yeah, it was pretty much what I thought it was. A nice big middle finger to Young Justice fans. Holy shit. I wouldn't have a problem with your show, Mr. Producer, if it wasn't so horrible. Comedy is fine, like the old DC shorts they used to make. But TTG is all about fart jokes ala Adam Sandler movies, the kind of comedy that Sunset Overdrive emulates.

This is the best part:
"...how the show will get even stupider in upcoming episodes, while teaching kids valuable lessons about important topics like preparing for retirement."

How can a show get more stupid, yet still teach important lessons? That is a serious question, I can't see how this makes any sense.

mecegirl

May 19, 2013
I saw that. I kinda feel like they are making fun of both shows. Though all the fans of Young Justice that I know enjoy part one of the preview (with Aqualad because yay Aqualad) and dislike part two (with the serious song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3K6AEiXOAE). The serious song really seems to be making fun of Young Justice to me. But overall everything that Aqualad says is kinda parroting people who enjoyed the older Teen Titans show and didn't like the change in direction to Teen Titans go. The Teen Titans show had is comedic moments but was also serious at times.

Davroth

The shadow remains cast!
Apr 27, 2011
Teen Titans GO! is an atrocious show. And it's kind of eroding my hope in humanity that it's so damn successful.

I was very disappointed when Young Justice was cancelled. It was a great show and save for maybe the Bruce Timm Batman series the best superhero cartoon we had, period. Teen Titans GO! most certainly hasn't earned it to make fun of the show.

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
I initially read the title of this thread as Young Justice/Greg Tito cross over........ Now that would really be WTF

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Shouldn't this happened when YJ was on aired since there are so many stabs against YJ now that it got cancelled (all for the wrong reasons!).

I am SOOO agreed with Aqualad in that clip (I want to say BURN! to Robin)! In saying so I do feel that Aqualad should had address them as Teen Titan Go not just Teen Titan as a whole (I loved the Teen Titan before GO). I can never watched Teen Titan Go since I watched comicbook based superheroes show for the action and the whole Good vs Evil not for the down right comedy unless it was based on a comedy comic like The Tick.

Before you mention Ultimate Spider-man and Batman The Brave and the Bold, they both got the right balance (still funny while fighting the villain in a cool action scene well Ultimate Spider-man still suck).

Ok you know what, Let Teen Titan Go stay silly if that their means of being "serious".

Lastly, what wrong with bring "serious" that what made some shows so danm popular like 24!

ONE LAST THING! Hearing Aqualad saying "Good day!" make me laugh, as close for Aqualad doing something comedic (which is fine by me)!

hybridial

Feb 24, 2015
I don't think the world would really have a problem with Teen Titans Go! existing if it was done alongside more serious shows rather than like, replacing them.

As a Young Justice fan it pissed me off. It pissed many of us off. Aqualad basically nailed it all in his clip.

McMarbles

May 7, 2009
They've already done the "Handsome Squidward Face" gag, and it wasn't funny then either.

Kaldur was dropping truth bombs.

Wonder if they'll mention that Beast Boy was on YJ too... then again, that'd give TTG's writers too much credit.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I don't see how that clip was making fun on Young Justice. If anything, it was burning Teen Titans GO! to the ground. That clip actually gives me hope that someone, somewhere at CN, is listening and is trying to either bring back Young Justice, or maybe a new season of Teen Titans.
Because yeah, Aqualad's speech is just so spot on that it's hard to see it as just poking fun at TTG...That clip is hilarious though.

ninja51

Mar 28, 2010
I love Young Justice and was sooooo disappointed when it got canceled, but I don't see all the hoopla about this. I've never seen Teen Titans Go, but those two clips were pretty funny, a bit below my age group... cough cough (I'm 20)... but that's ok, its even more of a kids show than Young Justice and I think that's why its so popular. Kids love superheroes, but they love wacky zany shit even more, its how Adventure Time has been so successful despite its occasional adult ideas. Its still wacky and zany at its heart, while Young Justice pretty much got to a point where that shit WAS dead serious. It was badass, but again, I was 18/19 when I watched it, a 10 year old simply has different tastes for entertainment.

Areloch

It's that one guy
Dec 10, 2012
Really guys?

So a clip where AquaLad brutally deconstructs the entire essence of Teen Titans Go about it being a stupid over the top romp, which is immediately met by the characters from Teen Titans Go attempting to be serious and falling into being a stupid over the top romp in the process is somehow a dig at Young Justice?

If anything it's a masterstroke lampshade.

BytByte

Nov 26, 2009
It's really great how the show has made it so far. Being a parody of a more serious show AND replacing and even more serious show makes sure that anyone above target demographic age (like this entire forum) will passionately hate it due to the laws of nature. It's shame too, because it has some clever moments and some great allusions. It's not Gumball great, but has steadily gotten better over time.

I do find it funny that some people here are taking the Aqualad clip as mocking Teen Titans Go, rather than the people that complained about Teen Titans Go.

lord canti

May 30, 2009
I love the hell out of teen titans go. It honestly make me laugh more times than some of the other comedy show out there do.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Huh. :) Well that was neat. Surprised they went that far into it. Though, I'm sure nothing will come to change the rest of the show.

I like some of Teen Titans Go, but they need to learn the difference between silly, and nonsensical.

Some episodes are fun but others just leave you feeling like you kind of wasted your time. Plus, there's no getting around how much better the first Teen Titans was.

Between Young Justice (very serious) and Teen Titans Go (not serious at all), I'd say Teen Titans (the first one) had about the perfect level of silly and serious.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
albino boo said:
I initially read the title of this thread as Young Justice/Greg Tito cross over........ Now that would really be WTF
That would be amazing. Still sucks about Greg Tito being let go.

Kajin

This Title Will Be Gone Soon
Apr 13, 2008
Ugh... Teen Titans Go. I hate that show so much... Give us back the old Teen Titans. That show was a cornerstone of my childhood and it ended way too abruptly :(

Davroth

The shadow remains cast!
Apr 27, 2011
It was dreadful. Simply dreadful. Maybe not the worst the show has ever been, but.... Damn. It was bad you guys. So bad.

And now I miss Young Justice even more.

Akiraking

Jan 7, 2012
I love Teen Titans GO, I love it so much I actually bought the comic book and I have zero interest in the original series. The characters are just so damn funny and I love how they are perfect parodies of themselves. Robin in one episode has a decoy in his bed that if tampered with blows up and he sleeps in the cupboard like a vampire, in a way he is a parody of the type of person Batman would actually train. A paranoid nut job with too much tech at his disposal.

I know lots of people don't like it or don't give it a go but it is a good kids show and it passes the time when I don't want to watch more serious shows. This particular episode is not the best but it was enjoyable for what it was.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Areloch said:
Really guys?

So a clip where AquaLad brutally deconstructs the entire essence of Teen Titans Go about it being a stupid over the top romp, which is immediately met by the characters from Teen Titans Go attempting to be serious and falling into being a stupid over the top romp in the process is somehow a dig at Young Justice?

I... have no idea what that is. I even searched it online, and the first result I got was this page. Autocorrect?

Areloch

It's that one guy
Dec 10, 2012
Bob_McMillan said:
Areloch said:
Really guys?

I... have no idea what that is. I even searched it online, and the first result I got was this page. Autocorrect?
Sorry, what 'that' are you referring to?