Your Attitudes Towards Rule 34 Stories

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Pinkamena said:
Binnsyboy said:
SNIP

Have you ever watched the pony thread simulator videos on Youtube?

I can never eat marshmallows again.
I was eating marshmallows yesterday. I could not get the idea of you-know-what out of my head.
Whoever overlaid the clip of Fry screaming onto that video had it exactly right.

Annoyingly Llama

Mar 3, 2010
Fan-fiction is the worst kind of writing in my opinion and thus it stands to follow that erotic fan-fiction is the single most terrifying thing to ever rear its ugly head in the world of literary creation.

General erotic stories and such can be nice, and furry stuff is generally better written and more entertaining. Fun fact: There's far more disturbing non-furry writings and art out there, people are just more secretive about having created it. I've got no problem with people who write/draw the stuff, I just to question why. r34 in general is just weird. Why not create your own characters to fap over rather than ruin existing ones?

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
Doclector said:
Interactive? How the hell did that work? What, like one of those "choose your adventure" books?
Pretty much. I won't give a direct link, but there's a surprisingly large amount of them on Writing.com. Most of those stories were marked with 'safe' ratings despite its actual content, and I learned that the hard way when I skimmed through one that I thought was safe.

Let's just say from now on I'll be treating the words 'rectal thermometer' the same way Nostalgia Critic treats 'bat credit card'.

IWCAS said:
Now when you say "erotic fanfiction", are you referring to Hentai and such?
Kind of, but I was referring more to stories which involved characters from fictional media i.e. TV shows and movies.

ForgottenPr0digy said:
<youtube=RE9ppUnuNpw>

Suicidejim

Jul 1, 2011
Generally, the quality of writing offends me far more than the actual content. I can put up with depravity, just not badly constructed prose. Nothing deflates my erection faster than inadequate character development and subpar use of description.

solemnwar

Sep 19, 2010
Suicidejim said:
Generally, the quality of writing offends me far more than the actual content. I can put up with depravity, just not badly constructed prose. Nothing deflates my erection faster than inadequate character development and subpar use of description.
Or "too much" description. You do not need an entire 6-sentence paragraph to describe someone's eyes unless something weird is happening with them dammit!

Also, thesaurus-itus. A tragic disease where, in a vain attempt to sound smarter than one is, one flips through a thesaurus without considering that, while the meaning is similar, it's used in a completely different manner and doesn't work where one has just put it. Context gaiz... u_u

217not237

Nov 9, 2011
No.

No no no no no.

It disgusts me that not only do people make it, but people get aroused by it! I don't want to hear about how well Cloud handles a buster sword, how much Zelda loves Link's master sword, or how Rainbow Dash is the fastest at more than just flying. No. I'm sick of it.

But Garrus Vakarian X Kaidan Alenko rule 34 fanfiction.... mmm, I can get behind that...

Mar 26, 2008
canadamus_prime said:
I avoid them and all other fanfiction like the plague.
I thoroughly agree. I once had the misfortune of reading a Streets Of Rage fan fiction that started off well written, until Rule 34 poked its ugly purple head in there...

Some of it makes me weep for the future of humanity.

karcentric

Dec 28, 2011
It makes me weep for humanity, 34 was my lucky number for years until I discovered what it was on the Interwebs...