Your Beautiful Voice Could Be in Assassin's Creed: Revelations

Brian Albert

Aug 5, 2011
Your Beautiful Voice Could Be in Assassin's Creed: Revelations

Ubisoft needs someone with a "soft, melodic voice" to sing the theme song for Assassin's Creed: Revelations.

Hans Zimmer (The Dark Knight and Inception) and Lorne Balfe, two musicians composing the soundtrack for the next installment of Assassin's Creed, need your help. It seems they require one tonally gifted vocalist to perform the "hauntingly stirring theme score" for Ezio's next adventure.

Entry is simple. Head on over to <a href=http://www.ujam.com/contests/acrevelations/introduction>UJAM's contest page, register, listen to the theme track, and layer your own glorious vocals over them. Entries will be accepted between September 8 and September 19. No prior professional experience is required.

Oh, and make sure you're 18, a male or a female (sorry, robots), and a resident of the US, Canada, UK, or Germany.

"We finally thought the best way to do this was if we come out of the fanbase of people who know Assassin's Creed," Zimmer explained. "And it's really about picking the main character right now, so everybody's got a shot at this. The only thing we're asking of you is to be passionate about it and commit and send us an amazing track."

Hans Zimmer, Lorne Balfe, and Simon Landry, the music supervisor for Assassin's Creed: Revelations, will comprise a jury that picks a winner from the top 20 songs as voted on by the public. In addition to an aural in-game appearance, the winner will receive $1000.

So get going, a capella car concert people. Time's wasting.

Source: <a href=http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-08-ubisoft-wants-singer-for-assassins-song>Eurogamer

Harveypot

Feb 20, 2011
It's already been done.

But seriously, this is really, really cool. Too bad I can't sing...

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
You know who they need for this?
Emi Evans. Also known for providing the vocals for the Nier soundtrack. Her voice is fantastic.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
so basically what they're saying is they need a woman but have to say they'll take both regardless of gender as to avoid any discrimination lawsuits. I don't need to be told there are men who can do soft an melodic but let's face it that there are very few of them. They really should just say "men need not apply".

rekabdarb

Jun 25, 2008
i'm interested to see the music composition of these two... but yeaaaah i'm def out. A soft beautiful melody is definitely not my strong point

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
Something tells me a West Belfast Accent would feel out of place :(

Oh well, one can dream.

Ruwrak

Sep 15, 2009
My nickname is 'the crow' and that is not because I regenerate quick! :V

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
Neat. I hope they end up discovering some unknown rather than giving a professional more to add to their resume.

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
Wait, whoa whoa whoa! Hans Zimmer? But...but what about Jesper Kyd (the guy who made THIS [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yCyysCmhlQ] little piece of musical gold)? Of course, Hans Zimmer is Hans-fucking-Zimmer but.....I mean.... I quite liked Jesper Kyd's music too. I'm torn. It's like choosing between Ice Cream and Cake.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Hans Zimmer can't hold a candle to Jesper Kyd. Why isn't he in charge of Revelations? The only justification I am willing to accept is that Jesper Kyd is working on Hitman Absolution. But even if that's the case I'm still pissed off. I have a feeling they hired Zimmer not because of his talent, but because of his fame. He won an Oscar and his name is good for marketing. I still think Jesper Kyd is better. Hans Zimmer never truly manages to capture the emotions. His music is too mechanical.

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
No point in me applying. My voice sounds like sandpaper being worn down by a bigger piece of sandpaper.