Your Best to Worst games from 1-10?

Conner42

Jul 29, 2009
Let's see if I can find a game that i think deserves a 10 and doesn't happen to be my favorite game of all time.

10. Cave Story - It took a lot for me to not give this spot to Mario Bros. 3

9. Street Fighter: 3rd Strike

8. The Walking Dead: Season 1 - Because fuck Season 2

7. Tomb Raider - The new one that came out last year

6. Remember Me - Baaaarrrreeeellllly good enough...

5. Halo - Throw a dart. No matter which Halo game it is, it fits nicely with that score

4. Batman: Arkham Origins - If the Arkham games were reflective of the Dark Knight Trilogy, this one falls in line with The Dark Knight Rises.

3. 007: Legends - Hey! Let's add Moonraker as one of Bond's highlights, because everybody loved that fucking movie...

2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II - I haven't played Ghosts yet, but I'm surprised how each game that comes out just gets worse and worse...

1. Thief - The one that recently came out. It may seem unfair to give a score like this to a game that seems forgettably inoffensive, but it's the fact that it's a reboot where all of the changes they made from the original to make it "fit" into this modern gaming world doesn't really make me feel great...

Well, that was sort of fun. That 7-4 range was tricky because games that fit into that category were ones I don't even remember playing all that well.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Pink Gregory said:
02-10 Everything else
01 - Alone in the Dark Wii
Pretty much this (it was so bad that the Wii version is competely different from the other version)!

However if I have to give-

10- Xenoblade Chronicle
9- Guild Wars 2
8- Command and Conquer General
7- Boderlands 2
6- Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon
5- Spiral Knight
4- Da Gata Defender
3- Diablo 3
2- De Blob

Just to be clear, I specifically picked these games to go to the specific ranks so some of them aren't my favourites.

Mar 18, 2012
Naturally everyone seems to have varying criteria of how to score games. For me, a 5 would represent an experience that has no overall positive or negative impact. It kills time, but any positive aspect is negated by it's flaws. Higher would represent a more enjoyable experience, lower would represent an experience that was actually bad. With that in mind:

10: Portal 2. I never really give 10's but this is one of the closest. It was thoroughly enjoyable, funny and innovative. I'd give Portal the same but for the short length. Simply amazing.

9: The Witcher 2. I'm playing through this right now and just started the 3rd act. It's one of the most complete experiences I've had in an RPG and the world is both beautiful and well thought out. If the combat mechanics were tighter it'd be my first true 10.

8: Crysis. People always dismiss this game as "just a graphics showcase" but that's a bit simplistic in my view. Sure, it's still one of the best looking games out there, but it's also a great FPS experience for so many reasons.

7: DmC. It's good. I get the criticisms about Dante and I think this is definitely a case of technical achievement over artistic vision but it's a fun game with great combat mechanics and awesome boss fights.

6: Deadpool. This game got slated for having dull, repetitive combat and naff bosses, all of which is true, but it's still enjoyable enough and it's worth playing just for Nolan North as Deadpool.

5: Dragon Age 2. I think this was hated more for being not as good as its predecessor than actually being an awful game, but it's hardly a gem. Still decent enough though.

4: Sleeping Dogs. I was so disappointed in this game. It was just incredibly dull and the mechanics were pretty bad which resulted in me really disliking it after a few hours

3: Castlevania Lords of Shadow. A highly derivative game that falls far short of the ones it's trying to copy. I fail to see what the hell people saw in this game.

2: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3. OK, pretty obvious. I didn't like the Black Ops campaign, but the multiplayer was quite enjoyable in small doses. This one is just terrible and astonishingly they keep on getting worse. I actually fell asleep after about 40 minutes of playing.

1: Battlefield 4. I don't really do 1's either but what the hell. This one is predictable and is frustrating since I'm certain there was a great game in there somewhere. However I can't take potential into account with a game this broken.

Kingjackl

Nov 18, 2009
I don't really think about the bad games I play, so this could be hard. Let's see...

10. Metal Gear Solid 3. I wouldn't call it the best game I've played (that would be the ever-reliable Half Life 2) but it's my favourite.

9. Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I have so many '9s', but I had to settle for this one.

8. Ratchet & Clank 3. The only one I ever 100% completed, and it's always held a special place in my heart.

7. FTL: Faster Than Light. I binge this one occasionally- it starts out fun, but so quickly do the deaths get frustrating. The Captain's Edition mod is really cool.

6. Jade Empire. I hate fighting ghosts. I adore everything else.

5. Modern Warfare 3. Fun with friends, but a bit bland on your own. I prefer Halo.

4. Lord of the Rings: the Third Age. I'll freely admit this is terrible, but it's kind of a guilty pleasure for me.

3. Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs. So disappointing next to the first one and Outlast.

2. Long Live the Queen. I watched Totalbiscuit's video and thought 'this could be fun'. Turns out, having fun watching someone mess around on Youtube doesn't translate to having fun playing it yourself. Especially considering there's no real agency and it will just kill you for not following an optimal path.

1. Every PS2 movie tie-in game that isn't Spiderman 2, Revenge of the Sith, or the two Lord of the Rings games. I rented so many of those when I was a kid and was dumb enough to enjoy them.

TristanBelmont

Nov 29, 2013
kommando367 said:
Boss awesome-10. Borderlands 2
Awesome-9. Witcher 2
Great-8. Mass Effect 3
Above average-7. Too Human
Meh-6. Skyrim
Below average-5. Starhawk
Poor-4. Vampire Rain
Trash-3. Destroy all Humans: Path of the Furon
Archery target-2. Superman: Shadow of Apokolips
Shotgun target-1. NRA gun club: the game
Gonna steal this listing thing since it helps me understand the question, hope you don't mind, mate.

Boss awesome-10. Saint's Row IV. Putting this here since I haven't had more fun with any other game, though yes, it does have issues.
Awesome-9. Metal Gear Solid 3: Sub Sandwich
Great-8. Any of the Super Smash Bros.
Above average-7. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Meh-6. Dark Souls (I know a lot of people love this game but it isn't the hot shit to me as a game. Reading the lore stuff online is awesome though)
Below average-5. Castlevania LoS2
Poor-4. Spider Man for PS1
Trash-3. Any licensed game
Archery target-2. An other licensed game
Shotgun target-1. Uuuuuhhhhhmmmmmmm..............Custer's Revenge?

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
RPG only edition

10. Persona 4
9. Morrowind
8. Earthbound
7. DOTA 2
6. Torchlight II
5. Final Fantasy XIII
4. Kingdoms of Amalur
3. Baldur's Gate
2. Mars: War Logs
1. Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love

Daniel Janhagen

Mar 28, 2011
10 Baldur's Gate 2
9 Civilization V
8 Baldur's Gate
7 Super Mario World
6 Albert Odyssey
5 Shinobi III
4 Tapper
3 Forgotten Realms Demon Stone
2 Dead Space
1 Not sure I've played anything this bad - even Beat 'em & Eat 'em is good for at least a chuckle. I hear E.T. is bad, but I've never played it. Same for Back to the Future on the NES.

The Sanctifier

Nov 26, 2012
10. Minecraft, infinite amount of possibilities for stuff to do. Most of the annoying bugs have been tackled quite well, with even more looking to be eliminated in 1.8

9. Morrowind. Incredibly fun RPG. Always lots of interesting places to explore and stuff to find. None of that annoying scaling stuff which Skyrim had which ensured loot be predictable. Could have benefited from more difficulty however.

8. Heroes 3. Probably the funnest of the series, plenty of large maps that could play out almost like an RPG with armies. Interesting turn based combat. Some of the campaigns could be a little easy, well except shadow of death...

7. Zelda - A link to the past. Every fun open world game. Well you sorta had to do things in an order but you could explore the map as you chose. Fairly tricky game, with interesting boss fights.

6. Doom 3. Plenty of fun shooting moments with interesting enemies to take on. Did not find to be particularly scary however, and did wish at times that there were a few more enemies to fight.

5. I Wanna Be The Guy. Got curious after hearing just how freaken hard this game is. The platform parts, despite their crazy difficulty, were actually quite fun and enjoyable. What was not however, is hearing duh duh duhhh duh for thirty seconds while waiting for the first boss to appear, then twice again for the other two. It was probably the repetitiveness of this more than the difficulty that put me off during the boss fights.

4. Warcraft 2. When I first played this game I found it incredibly fun and incredibly difficult. After nostalgia hit, and I played it again, not so much. Not sure if I was bored when I played it or if I just wanted to go full completionist, but I did end up beating the campaign. Maybe if I was doing multiplayer it would have been more fun. The AI suffers from a common type of RTS issue where it decides to just send small trickles of units at you which can easily be dispatched by towers. This leaves you with plenty of time to build up an army with which to steamroll the enemy.

3. Worms Forts. Never really got much in to this. Might have been that the weapons didn't feel like they had a great deal of skill to them.

2. Prison Architect. Many of the features in this look incredibly fun and I may try it again eventually. For now however, the room building bugs are just too annoying for me. When you don't build something in a certain way your workers sit about doing nothing because they don't think they have access.

1. ScribbleNauts. The idea soundded cool at first, yet the game just ended up being incredibly boring. Most of the things you type doesn't end up doing much, and only works in an incredibly boring way.

Phrozenflame500

Dec 26, 2012
10 - Team Fortress 2, most played game ever and most enjoyed game ever. I would be lying if I listed any game higher then this.

9 - Fallout: New Vegas, probably my favourite RPG of the past generation. Tuned up on PC with some unofficial patches and some mods and it's one of the best RPG's period.

8 - Batman: Arkham City, a super polished game and so far the closest method human being's have devised to being Batman.

7 - Metal Gear Rising, excellent hack n' slash with a great soundtrack and solid gameplay mechanics. It could use some more polish overall though and I'm itching for a sequel.

6 - Deus Ex: Human Revolution, a pretty good game overall with lots of good ideas but suffers a bit from execution issues. Listening to the commentary it seems most of these were due to budget/resource issues, hopefully these constraints ease up for future games in the series.

5 - Far Cry 3, managing to just rise above the standard Ubisoft mediocrity, I couldn't call Far Cry 3 a bad game but it didn't have much standing out aside from Vaas. Pretty much the defining "5" game for me.

4 - Skyrim, HOLY SHIT GUYS AREN'T I EDGY I don't really hate this game, but it got really dull the more I played it. Aside from the Dark Brotherhood questline most quests were basically "go in this dungeon and kill things" and it got really boring really fast.

3 - Bioshock Infinite, EDGY OPINION TRAIN CONTINUES I'd have liked Infinite's plot a lot better if they focused on one of the many themes they tried to cover. It suffered from classic long development syndrome and a more concise vision could have done it wonders. Also, gameplay.

2 - Mass Effect 3, damn this game. It was so poorly written, even aside from the ending. The gameplay felt boring and even more generic TPS-y then ME2 and really wasn't satisfying in any way.

1 - Shit I don't usually play games this bad. Anything David Cage has made maybe?

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
10: Mirror's Edge
9: Myst Online: Uru Live
8: Beyond Atlantis
7: Minecraft
6: Far Cry 2
5: Beyond Atlantis
4: The Elder Scrolls: Arena
3: Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness
2: Beyond Atlantis
1: Candy Crush Saga

You may notice that Beyond Atlantis is on this list three times. You have to play the game to understand why.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Interesting. Hmm...

10 Sid Meier's Civilization
The only game I have literally spent a full twenty-four hours straight playing. No, I'm not proud.
9 Half-Life 2
Some games show everyone else how it's supposed to be done; this was one of them.
8 Command & Conquer: Red Alert
A nostalgic favorite from wasted late hours in a college's computer labs, but also a helluva multiplayer game with a lot of depth and modability.
7 Blood
At 7, we're down to guilty-pleasure levels. Still, it had a great atmosphere, made good use of a limited engine, none of the weapons ever became useless (something modern FPSs still don't always achieve), and multiplayer was a blast.
6 L.A. Noire
Some games you want to like, because you can see the work, effort, and technology that went into them... But while you admire them as set-pieces, and even perhaps want others to make use of their tech, the games themselves are lacking.
5 Resident Evil 5
...And then there's games that... well, you get the feeling their creators have been told they're great so often they've become content to do the same thing over and over again without asking why they do them or if they could be better. RE5 felt as though after adding multiplayer, the makers didn't feel the players had any right to ask for much more. Competent, solid, an okay way to pass the time, but absolutely nothing special.
4 Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
There are few things more heartbreaking than the almost-theres. Games that have three-quarters of a plot, three-quarters of an implemented idea, bleeding from their amputations. Dammit, Obsidian.
3 Don't Starve
But then there are games that didn't work because of what was put in intentionally...Games about exploring and surviving shouldn't punish you for trying to explore or doing "too well", especially if they're gleefully willing to destroy the entire game world for failure and teach the player nothing in the process but that the world is arbitrary and sadistic. There have been various attempts at rebalancing (some after ill-considered attempts to appease a perverse hardcore that seemingly kept spreadsheets and flowcharts of optimum actions and performance in front of them at all times); the current version may be better, but it's wasted enough of my time.
2 Duke Nukem Forever
They literally would have done better to just re-make the last game in a 3D engine. Instead they cribbed ideas from different games for more than a decade, sometimes while simultaneously mocking those other, better games; they changed engines multiple times and wasted years of work; and they finally deposited an ugly mess lacking vision, coherence, humor, charm, and even a basic concept of how it expected to be played. The kindest thing I can say is that it didn't crash.
1 Shirley Muldowney's Top Fuel Challenge
From the days of the Commodore 64, the least-fun racing game ever made. Spend long minutes in the pit repairing and tuning, then seconds on the race track before your engine or tires explode. All it needs is a way to pay real money for repairs, and it will be ready for a modern-day remake.

EyeReaper

Aug 17, 2011
Ok, I get you. So each game pretty much has to be synonymous with the number. I'll even add a Yahtzee-esque verbal equivalent because, why not? and then follow with my justification.

10(An omelette made out of Cadburry Creme Eggs). Persona 4: The Golden. A perfect blend of Life Sim and RPG, and with more goodness added (like the Valentine's Day event, which was so very needed for all dem heartbreakers out there) The only way this game could get better is adding the weapon system from 3. But that's a nitpick. Story? Characters? Art Style? all absolutely wonderful.

9(Renting out a movie Theater to play your favorite movie). Warioware (the Gamecube one). I had to add a party game on here, and it was between this, Mario Party 3, and the vastly underrated Dokapon Kingdom, but I've had much more fun with the stupid silly microgames. Especially with three others. My personal favorite is Kat/Ana's stage, for the 4-player Minigames

8(your favorite reviewer on the internet has just covered your favorite game, and loves it.). Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. A truly astounding game, but certainly not the most complex of RPGs. You only have three upgradeable stats and no other customization besides badges. A great story, some of the best turn based combat, and a creative cast of characters, but just not as complex as I would like.

7(Finding out there was one slice of pizza left after you thought you'd eaten the last one). DanganRonpa. A wonderful murder mystery, and a very nice blend of Persona-depth characters and Ace Attorney (below) style crime-solving. Now, don't get me wrong. I love me some Phoenix Wright, but I believe the trial system is so very much better in this game. The timer adds more challenge, the variety of minigames shakes it up a bit, and customizable skills! Wheeeee!

6(Much like a thoroughly cooked steak, Well Done). the Ace Attorney Series. See? Told you it was below. Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright was a big deal in my life. It introduced me to the visual novel, It was what got me to stop emulating and actually go buy the games to support them, and it got me into the Professor Layton series, to get in the know when their crossover comes out. I would have put it in the number 7 slot, but like I said above, Danganronpa's trial system is just better in every way to me. Also I haven't played Duel Destinies yet, but Apollo Justice is my favorite.

5(good nuff). the Blazblue series. I don't have much to say here. It's my absolute favorite fighting game, but fighting games have always just been kinda ehh to me. And because I'll rock the house when playing with friends, but I get my ass kicked around the corner at cons, so I can never really tell if I'm actually good at the game or not.

4(Dropping a slice of cake, then applying the ten second rule). Telltale's Sam and Max. Probably my favorite point-and-click, and my favorite Telltale game, this game blends puzzles and humor as good as Sierra at their finest. Why isn't it higher then? Well, with an adaption like this, It's a little blurry where "I like it as a standalone game" starts and "I like it because I was a fan of the series anyways" ends. And some of the puzzles would frustrate me sometimes.

3(finding out nobody on the internet supports your shippings). Sonic Adventure 2. Ugh, this game. I had such fond memories of this game as a kid, but replaying it today... well, today there's only two things good I can say about it, Escape from the City is one of the best BGM tracks of all time, and I would totally play a standalone Chao Garden game. Everything else is pretty terrible, but especially things like the camera, the Sonic/shadow duels, and most of Knuckles's stages)

2(Playing spin the bottle, and landing on a cactus.). Goat Simulator. I know that "LOL teh randum" humor is big on the internet and all, but I still don't understand how this mess of a game got it's five minutes of fame. It's a glitchy, buggy pile that I wouldn't pay two cents for. (and I didn't, my experiences come from playing co-op on my friend's steam) This game to me had all the same problems Birdemic 2 had. It just seemed to be trying way too hard to force itself in to the "So Bad It's Good" niche. and I just wasn't buying it. Also, fact that that game can sell bucketloads will just make others think that they can pull a Call of Duty and release clone by clone. Say what you will about the fishy shooter (I know I have) but at least they don't brag about how actively terrible and zero effort their game was.

1(Needing to vomit after a long night of bloody Diarrhea, but not having time to flush). Plumber's Don't Wear Ties. Yes, I have played this game. Yes, it's terrible. I'm firmly in the camp of "Visual Novels are games too guuuuuys" but even still, I don't think I can call this a game. I couldn't even call this a festering pile of shit, because I don't want to insult fecal matter. I'd call this the Foodfight of gaming, but at least Foodfight had some enjoyable scenes with Christopher Lloyd. This has nothing. Except for my hate.

Whew, that was a loooooooooong post.

Madame_Lawliet

Jul 16, 2013
I tried to think of some creative choices...

10 - No More Heroes (my favorite game of all time)
9 - Dark Souls (my OTHER favorite game of all time)
8 - Kingdom Hearts II (Amazing game, but I do consider the original superior)
7 - Skyrim (It's a vast, atmospheric ocean that's ankle deep)
6 - Rocket: Robot on Wheels (google it)
5 - Bioshock Infinite (OH NO I DIDN'T!)
4 - Shadow the Hedgehog (although I do admit to loving it as a kid)
3 - Chameleon Twist (again, google it)
2 - Iggy's Wreckin' Balls (who made this game and what were they on?)
1 - Putty Squad (THIS IS PS4!)

Super Cyborg

Jul 25, 2014
Atmos Duality said:
I loved all three of the prime games, but I actually liked 3 the most, which apparently most people liked a lot less then the other 2.

Okay, I'm going to take a crack at this, though the low ones are going to be hard, because they will still be games I like, but not as much as others, because I have played few games that I really dislike, and only remember one of the names.

10- Super Metroid: Yes it's an old game, and yes many consider Fusion or Zero Mission to be better. I didn't actually play the full game till mid 2000's, so I don't have nostalgia goggles for this game. The controls are tight, they did well with the environments with the tech they had during the day, and it's so damn memorable with the various bosses, and the music fits so well with each place. I play the game at least once a year, and can beat it between 2-3 hours. Every minute of playing it is pure awesomeness.

9- Persona 4 Golden: Such a great game. Great music, characters, story. It mixes things well with the life sim part and the dungeon crawling. Only downside? Having to investigate before being able to go to the new dungeons. While not hard, it's annoying and can possibly eat up time for other things you might want to do. Love this game because of some of the music remixes.

8- Recettear An Item Shop's Tale: Everything is so upbeat and the main character is so adorable. Also, being able to loot dungeons and then sale items is so much fun. Having a variety of characters to use in the dungeon is fun. Down side? The woman who keeps coming in to break my combos. No, I'm not buying a piece of candy at 500% of the going price.

7- Valkyria Chronicles: A franchise that could've gone far, but bad decisions made it not happen. I have played the first and second one, but the first one holds up better because of a much stronger story. Being able to use various troops and run around in a 3D environment for a tactical RPG is awesome. It starts out easy at first, but then later you have to be much more careful with which troops to use and when moving around. It's really cool later on when you are clearly at a disadvantage but can still pull a victory. Main problem is that enemy AI's start shooting at you really quickly while your AI takes forever to do anything against an enemy.

6- Paper Mario (64): While nothing ground breaking, it's my guilty pleasure of gaming, which I play once a year. The environment is just so nice and whimsical that It's hard to put down.

5- Final Fantasy 7: Love the game, but the other ones I like more for various reasons

4- Pokémon: The games are good overall, but get repetitive really quick with little to no motivation to continue on after beating the elite four. Lack of story doesn't help.

3- Chantelise A tale of two sisters: the game was fun but camera was an issue many times, and later fights were a problem. Also getting money for upgrades was a pain.

2- Halo: Not big into FPS's overall, and I just don't care about it. I've played a few of the games and it's done nothing for me.

1- Metroid Other M: Just did not feel like a Metroid game. Very linear, atmosphere wasn't there, and it had a terrible story.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
Phrozenflame500 said:
1 - Shit I don't usually play games this bad. Anything David Cage has made maybe?
You don't know how shitty a game is until you try, don't you agree?

bojackx

Nov 14, 2010
10 - Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction
9 - Fire Emblem: Awakening
8 - Rayman Legends
7 - Mass Effect 2
6 - Valkyria Chronicles
5 - Assassin's Creed 2
4 - Borderlands
3 - I Am Alive

And I honestly can't think of any games for the bottom two places. No game that I've ever played has been so functionally broken and uninteresting that it's warranted such a low score. If a game looks like it's a truly broken piece of shit, then I just don't buy/play it.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
bojackx said:
10 - Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction
9 - Fire Emblem: Awakening
8 - Rayman Legends
7 - Mass Effect 2
6 - Valkyria Chronicles
5 - Assassin's Creed 2
4 - Borderlands
3 - I Am Alive

And I honestly can't think of any games for the bottom two places. No game that I've ever played has been so functionally broken and uninteresting that it's warranted such a low score. If a game looks like it's a truly broken piece of shit, then I just don't buy/play it.
What about the free games? Some of them are painful to play even they look good.

ABLb0y

Aug 27, 2010
Ok, I'm going to interpret this as the top 5 are my favourite games and the bottom five are the shit ones.

10: Tie between Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite
9: Wolfenstein: New Order
8: Long live the Queen
7: Fallout new Vegas
6: Dark Souls
5: 4PM
4: Alone in the Dark (The remake)
3: Aliens: Colonial marines
2: Rambo the video game
1: Ride to Hell: Retribution (Yes, I have played it. Direct all your sympathy towards me.)

snowpuppy

Feb 18, 2011
10 - Dwarf Fortress- I have sunk far too many hours into this game.
9 - Star wars, Knights of the old republic. So many feels...
8 - Kerbal Space Program - Lacks structure, but it is great for education and fun.
7 - Total War Medieval 2- An amazingly functional game, pretty much perfect, it's a 10/10 game, really, but I'm out of room.
6 - Spongebob squarepants the movie the video game. Getting into just pretty good territory, this was a fun game.
5 - The last federation- A lot of work went into this really unfun and awkward game. A shame really.
4 - ARMA two, everything feels very floaty in this game, not fun for me, but quite functional otherwise.
3 - Mace griffon bounty hunter, a game that looked great, played well, but was far too hard.
2 - Star Drive, a buggy, broken mess of a game, the devs stopped working on it even in its crappy state, and are working on number 2, they refuse to acknowledge it is unfinished.
1 - the Polar express videogame on Gameboy advance. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad.