Your Birthday.

MrJKapowey

Oct 31, 2010
Just a quick thread to see what happened on/will happen on the birthdays of escapists that they regard as important.

Just give it a similar format as below:

My birthday is the 15th of March (The Ides of March) and on this day Gaius Julius Caesar was stabbed to death in the senate. Incidently, the Defiant mappack for HALO Reach is to be released on my birthday...

I swear, if anyone 'assassinates' or 'betrays' me..

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
What will happen to me on my birthday that I think is important is that I turn a year older. Also my girlfriend will probably do some nice shit for me and maybe I'll get a present from my brother if I'm lucky.

Not going to go into historical stuff or whatever because public dates of birth can be used for identity theft purposes. I would advise anyone posting in thread to not give away anything that would reveal their actual birthdate to a stranger, especially if they have their real name in their profile.

Instant K4rma

StormFella
Aug 29, 2008
October 13: Same birthday as Paul Simon. I personally find that very cool, being a big fan of Simon & Garfunkel.

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
Well I turn 18 this year (FINALLY) on April 9th and all I know is that it's the same day that Gerard Way, Kristen Stewart and Jessie McCartney were born.

lettucethesallad

Nov 18, 2009
I just found out I share a birthday with Al Capone (January 17th). That just made me feel a little more badass for today.

Daniel_Rosamilia

Jan 17, 2008
Well, let's see:
August 19th:
The dissolution of the Soviet Union
The Viet Minh take control of Hanoi
...Yeah, my birthday ain't too interesting.

SkyeNeko

Dec 30, 2010
March 2... Dr. Seuss' birthday haha.

damn theres nothing good happening on my birthday...

Nov 18, 2010
December 21st:
Winter Solstice
Shared birth-date with Ray Romano, Samuel L. Jackson, and Kiefer Sutherland (damn awesome actors in my opinion)
And, if the Mayan Calender superstition is to be believed, the end of the world next year.

Bernzz

Assumed Lurker
Legacy
Mar 27, 2009
Country
Australia
Astoria said:
Well I turn 18 this year (FINALLY) on April 9th and all I know is that it's the same day that Gerard Way, Kristen Stewart and Jessie McCartney were born.
You poor girl...

I went to my girlfriends house. We had friends over. Twas fun.

Also Australia was settled several hundred years earlier.

Yuno Gasai

Queen of Yandere
Nov 6, 2010
May 20th: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_20

And I quote, "2010 ? The first annual Everybody Draw Mohammed Day was celebrated. The event caused Pakistan to shut down the social networking site Facebook in their country in protest."

Lovely. >_>

Mace Tulio

Feb 5, 2011
28th of June.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/28_June

Some points of interest include: the Day Archduke Franz Ferdinand was assassinated (1914), and Malcolm X forming the Organisation of Afro-American Unity (1964)

aLivingPheonix

Feb 26, 2010
December 29th. Same day Madame De Pompadour was born, as was Jude Law.

Also, same day Harold Macmillan died.

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
20th of August.
I couldn't be bothered picking through all the events for the most interesting ones, but I share a birthday with H.P. Lovecraft. Cool or what?