BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Guardian Heroes
Play the XBLA version. Along with smoothing and slightly upgraded the graphics, Treasure also revamped the combat system to be more fluid and streamlined. What sucks is that Sega won't port it to any other system or PC. So you either better have 360, XBONE, or Series X to play the game. Besides, no need to remake a brawler such as this that is near perfect to begin with. Other than that, the closest remake you're going to get to remake of GH is Code of Princess. I like CoP, but it is not as good as GH. Still way better than Advance Guardian Heroes on the GBA.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Let me guess, modernize means jeans and a tank top, again. Look at RE2, RE3, Control, Tomb Raider, Uncharted 4/The Lost Legacy... It's always jeans and a tank top. How boring. I think RE2 and 3 could have done a better job modernizing the classic outfits for the new graphics. They didn't fit. Actually, they didn't even do it right.

Fixed by modder:

At least you get her and Leon's classic polygon models in a free update. That is true support and fan-service.

As for Regina, she would be given a more commando looking outfit that's more practical. I would not mind, because Capcom would give her classic outfit anyway, just like Jill and Claire.

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
I don't know if I'd call that fixed, since it just looks like body paint. I would've wanted the black T-shirt, but not when it looks this crummy. And I actually liked Jill's new look, but then I like tank tops. Also, I think Drake was actually wearing khaki pants and one of those long sleeved, button-up T-shirts in UC4. And you can find different outfits in Contol, though I would discribe the default outfit as jeans and a tank top.
Well, agreed about the mod. Just saying the bonus outfit would have looked better had they tried to be more true to the original, while also trying to match the more realistic graphics. I ended up using the new outfits in both RE2 and 3 because the classic ones just didn't look right.

I wasn't talking about Drake. I meant Chloe and Elena, although the latter wears a shirt. If I were a character designer, I'd try to be creative enough not to make her dress like every other modern character, although it's probably forced by the people on top.

Zetatrain

Sep 8, 2010
Country
United States
I would love to see the first two Metal Gear games remade(with or without kojima). Although they would probably have to add a lot of original content since I don't think either game would be considered long enough for a modern AAA release. Alternatively, the two games could be combined into one.

Would love to see a remake of Jet Force Gemini assuming they don't turn it into a cover based shooter.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Rome 1 : Total War
No other game that followed it could hold a candle to it, despite the coats of paint added through time.