Your current relationship, be honest, Did you "settle"?

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
I write music for her but no we're still crazy

We've gotten drunk many a time and had sex in a number of places including: a friends bed (Her friend is a virgin), on the floor in front under some covers with about 6 people in the same room, upstairs at a party and someone walked in on us and we have quite kinky sex too.

I still play video games as much as I like, watch manly films, listen to heavy metal, go to concerts, go to the gym, drink. The only difference is I usually end up either come home with or coming home to my lady.

If you mean by setting for less than perfect then yes I did. However only because no human is perfect and in every single way that I give a damn she is perfect. Adventurous, outgoing, fun to be with, kind, a bloody good singer and great in bed. She could have probably done better than me but we've been dating for a year and a half and we are still going great so I guess she thinks the same about me.

gravitii

Jun 22, 2010
Single and crushingly lonely am I, doubting any one would settle for me, despite me giving it my all to please and charm. Ehh that was a bit of an exaggeration, nonetheless I am in a position where only someone as strange as me would ever like me and usually those are the kind of people who I like back, settling isn't really an option when one couldn't if they wanted to. I hope when I do at last find another it isn't settling for them.

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
I'm not one to settle. It's not fair to either of us to do that because they'd have to live with knowing they aren't 'perfect' in my eyes and I'd always be at least sub conciously still looking. It's a good thing then that I have found someone who I think is perfect.

SkullKing84

Feb 10, 2011
I've been married for up coming 7 years, Been together for about 9. A few people think I "settled", but thats far from true. She makes me a better person and Are we happy ... yes, indeedy. Being together that long we know what buttons to push and avoid. We're the happiest couple amongst our circle of friends. ( I am 27 )

Doom-Slayer

Ooooh...I has custom title.
Jul 18, 2009
Personally Ive been through 2 relationshios which failed( and scarred me a bit), and one semi-one that didnt really start. My current girlfriend is completely perfect. We both play games(hell we play Portal2 together and Borderlands), both love Invader ZIm, anime and lots of stuff. Id say I settled my first 2 but now, no.

OrokuSaki

Nov 15, 2010
Yes, I was given a choice between a perfect girl who had trust issues and an open girl who had flaws and I took the one who loved me. It is not working out well.

DANCEMASTERAFRO

Apr 22, 2010
I don't think I did, I love her and she's a fantastic woman. If anything I didn't expect the two of us to be so alike and connect the way we have but we have and it is perfect for me at least. It's the perfect combination of lust, love, romance and similarity and I've never been happier. I've settled in the past and it's always been rough but this time around I must have got lucky because everyday I'm with her and all the time I spend with her is idyllic. And if it doesn't last I can only hope I can find someone else who I share this connection with or learn to be content with what was a true romance.

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
Just_A_Glitch said:
I continuously hope the girl I like settles for me.
That comes across as pointless. You're not going to have a good relationship if the other person doesn't really want to be with you.

OT: No, I've never settled. Then again, I've never had a girlfriend, anyways. *sigh* youth...

Yuno Gasai

Queen of Yandere
Nov 6, 2010
JMeganSnow said:
Xlr8DETH said:
im currently single because i refuse to settle
I'm single because other people refuse to settle. Good for them!
I'm single thanks to a mixture of the above. :3

I think I've become so fearful of settling (I settled in my last long term relationship, and really paid the price for it) that I've actually become somewhat scared of commitment.

I remain hopeful that when the right guy comes along, I'll forget what I was scared of. :3

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
Yup, I settled.

But then, she tries so hard and I get awesome sex nearly every day.....so I am not complaining.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
No, but I did meet my 'soul mate' two weeks after my honeymoon.

Que sera sera. I love my wife and I'll not be leaving a woman that smart, good looking, or financially savvy, but there will always be that niggle.

v3n0mat3

Jul 30, 2008
I just asked out a girl (she said yes *EDIT* How do you turn down someone after they asked "Do you want to be my player 2"?). I kinda did "settle", in a way. But that's because the girl I want to be with is engaged. Now, if I did listen to myself 3 years ago, I might have had her. But, if she's happy, I'm fine with that. :)

*EDIT* That's not to say I don't like my current gf. She's a nerd and a dork, just like me. Other than that, we have quite a bit in common. So, we shall see how this turns out. Hopefully, for the best.

DocBalance

Nov 9, 2009
I'm currently single, but I almost settled. Truth be told, it's not because my expectations changed or became unrealistic, but simply because I was fairly sure that I'd never be lucky enough to find someone who met my image of the perfect woman. I very nearly pursued a relationship with a girl who, while not exactly what I was looking for in a partner, was supportive and kind, thus fulfilling the top criteria I had set. Looking back, I'm sure we could have been happy together, if I had given the offer and she had accepted it. But, things changed.

I do a lot of travelling for my various hobbies, and on one such trip a little over a week ago, I bumped into a girl who had been told to keep an eye out for me by a mutual acquaintance. I didn't think much of it at first, she was just one of the dozens of new people I was meeting that week after all. But as I spent more time with her, I began to realize little things, like how smart she was, while still remaining down to earth and funny. How kind and outgoing she was to others, while still maintaining a realistic vision of the world. And yeah, I won't mince words, she also happened to be drop-dead gorgeous. She went on to hit every quality I've ever had in my mind for the perfect partner, without even trying. The real kicker: even her family(at least her mum, who she was travelling with) likes me. I stupidly let her go, but I'll be seeing her again, and more importantly I know she's out there. Knowing that someone like that exists changes things for me, I guess. I can't settle for anything less until I know for a fact that she'll never have me. It'll probably bite me later, but how often does an opportunity like this present itself in life? I don't think I could ever forgive myself if I let it slip by completely.

TL;DR: No. I know my perfect woman exists, and now it's my job to convince her that I'm her perfect man. No pressure though, eh?

Smiles

Mar 7, 2008
Yeah I settled. I know I'm young but I have this strange fear of being an old maid, so I definately settled...

SuperNova221

May 29, 2010
Ignoring the fact that I refuse to enter any relationship for various reasons, pretty sure it's a yes for everybody. I've seen it a lot in my friemds, all telling me they found somebody perfect, then a few years later they find somebody else who is perfect and the last one was a stupid whore/*****/whatever. It seems that during the relationship they delude themslves into thinking that a particular girl is actually different and special. That said I'm particularly cynical about this type of stuff, and I acknowledge that. So maybe I'm not the best person to ask about it.

MajWound

Mar 18, 2009
I admit I wasn't too keen on the idea at first, but after spending more and more time with her I came to realize that she is everything I want out of a companion. She's even losing weight, which is fucking awesome! You know, for her. Health and whatever.

Just_A_Glitch

Dec 10, 2009
ultrachicken said:
Just_A_Glitch said:
I continuously hope the girl I like settles for me.
That comes across as pointless. You're not going to have a good relationship if the other person doesn't really want to be with you.

OT: No, I've never settled. Then again, I've never had a girlfriend, anyways. *sigh* youth...
That was the joke. It was a bittersweet one, and it wasn't really funny, but it was intended to be a joke.

GroovyV

Feb 23, 2011
Sadly yeah, this last time i did settle, but we broke up several days ago. Started off as something close to a booty call, and then, just because i suck at making myself clear at the expense of hurting others, let feelings on their end escalate.

Aureli

Mar 8, 2010
I settled once, and wound up with an emotionally abusive guy because of it. I will never settle again.