Your F*** Yea moment in gaming

Orbot_Vectorman

Cleaning trash since 1990
May 11, 2009
Hello again fellow Escapist's!

Well as the title suggests, what are your "F*** yea!" moment in gaming?

I'll start this off! Recently, I played "Persona 4" on expert & game+ mode. And I found myself on the last day to save Kanji, and I was at his boss floor. Any how, I had entered, and fought through and killed Shadow Kanji's two allies (Tough & Nice guys). After that I was fighting Shadow Kanji. Through the fight Chie, Yoskye, and Yukiko had fallen, leaving me on my own. Having no SP and a lightning resistant persona equipped. Any how after a while I finally took Shadow Kanji down, putting myself at about 20 or so HP at the end of the fight.

BQE

Posh Villainess
Jun 17, 2013
I really need to finish Persona. Let's just say I'm on a dungeon after an incident involving a van and I'm just sooooo burnt out. I just want to see the story not trudge through dungeons. I personally don't find the battles really that engaging and I'm tired of grinding so my numbers are higher than the boss's numbers.

As for my moment, I'd have to say the most recent was beating the boss in FTL. After the most brutal and punishing lead-in to the boss, and boss fight itself, it was the most satisfying encounter I've had in a long time.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Well, recently I managed to kill a drifter in BL2 "Attack On titan" style.

I was playing as krieg, went into rampage, found something to jump off of, and quickly Buzz axe'd it in the head and killed it.

Glongpre

Jun 11, 2013
The first time I beat Alma in Ninja Gaiden Black. So much salt was spewed that day...until I won of course, then I told her that she was a ***** and that she should suck it. I don't think my parents were home, thank goodness.

She isn't too hard now, but that first time oh boy, and the save point was like 10 min away, fuck.
Imagine going through that first point everytime you die. Ugh.
This shows it on the hardest difficulty, I think I was on the easiest, haha. It was my first time gimme a break.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Well I recently in Persona 4 Arena, landed Chie's instakill in the most swagtastic way possible online. I was doing a load of rounds with a friend and he just kept using Yukiko's fullscreen fire super to instantly win because you can charge it to be unblockable.

I was getting sort of past it by throwing her when she's standing there looking pretty because throws are invincible but I was way too far away for it. I KNEW he was gearing up for it because we were both on 10% HP and I was not close enough to rush him down. I was like "shit, I need something invincible, anything, what do I have that's invincible?"

Oh.. I got this

I never even really noticed I did the instakill motion until it had landed. Clutch instinctive saves forever.

I was never sure but luckily Tomoe comes out where the opponent is instead of where Chie herself is. Otherwise I probably would have invincibility'd through one, missed the actual attack then he'd just use the reverse one and kill me anyway.

suntt123

Jun 3, 2013
Halo 3
Jacked a ghost, took it up an elevator, boosted my way onto a scarab, killed everyone on it with the ghost and blew up the scarab with a rocket launcher.
If that isn't a F**k yeah moment, I don't know what is.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
BQE said:
I really need to finish Persona. Let's just say I'm on a dungeon after an incident involving a van and I'm just sooooo burnt out. I just want to see the story not trudge through dungeons. I personally don't find the battles really that engaging and I'm tired of grinding so my numbers are higher than the boss's numbers.

As for my moment, I'd have to say the most recent was beating the boss in FTL. After the most brutal and punishing lead-in to the boss, and boss fight itself, it was the most satisfying encounter I've had in a long time.
Then just watch the anime if you don't want to play the game .

OT: when i finally managed to be SMT: Nocturne on hard mode . That was the most difficult and rewarding thing i have even done in a videogame .

Then there are all the moments iv'e gotten a perfect in UMVC3 . It's surprisigly easy to get chip damage and lose your perfect status

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
The Wykydtron said:
Well I recently in Persona 4 Arena, landed Chie's instakill in the most swagtastic way possible online. I was doing a load of rounds with a friend and he just kept using Yukiko's fullscreen fire super to instantly win because you can charge it to be unblockable.

I was getting sort of past it by throwing her when she's standing there looking pretty because throws are invincible but I was way too far away for it. I KNEW he was gearing up for it because we were both on 10% HP and I was not close enough to rush him down. I was like "shit, I need something invincible, anything, what do I have that's invincible?"

Oh.. I got this

I never even really noticed I did the instakill motion until it had landed. Clutch instinctive saves forever.

I was never sure but luckily Tomoe comes out where the opponent is instead of where Chie herself is. Otherwise I probably would have invincibility'd through one, missed the actual attack then he'd just use the reverse one and kill me anyway.
I hate you for doing that to me ... Seriously i got a mental scar.

White Lightning

Feb 9, 2012
The most recent was when I invaded Anor Londo in Dark Souls, the host had 2 phantoms but I back stabbed one and when the other phantom went behind me to try to back stab me when I got out of the animation I quickly spun around him and insta-killed him with a parry. The host sat there and was like "Well shit" while I slowly put on on my sunglasses.

Hornet Ring FTW.

FourCartridge

Dec 27, 2012
The plane sequence from Uncharted 3. The sight of Nathan Drake hanging for dear life on cargo netting just about to snap off made me get a smile. Not much in gaming has done that.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
suntt123 said:
Halo 3
Jacked a ghost, took it up an elevator, boosted my way onto a scarab, killed everyone on it with the ghost and blew up the scarab with a rocket launcher.
If that isn't a F**k yeah moment, I don't know what is.
Same game but different scenario.

Had the sniper on Sandtrap and was defending the flag on the elephant. Next thing that happens is the enemy team attacks like wolves. I'm a good shot but I will never replicate what I did here, fresh clips and all of my shots were head shots and all the enemies were within 50 feet of me.

DarthSka

Mar 28, 2011
During my last spring break a couple of months ago, I was playing Final Fantasy XIII-2. I had attempted to beat the final boss about three times with no success, but getting closer each time. I'm playing my fourth try. It was about 3 AM. I'm 30 minutes into the fight. Serah and my summon are down. I have a short, red health bar, and the boss is on its last leg as well. Do I heal, prolong the fight, and risk a one hit KO that's taken me out the last three times? Or do I instead go for broke, risk my last bit of life and end it? I went with the latter, and I won with barely a sliver of my health left. It felt so glorious. No, it WAS glorious.

crazyrooster290

Jul 14, 2013
One of my most recent F**k yeah moments was in TF2 where i managed to get a 28 kill streak as demo (just charging than melee)

Aeonknight

Apr 8, 2011
Oh I've got plenty.

FFXI, PM 6-4. The fight that made many an MMO gamer rage. Everyone who did this fight REMEMBERS it for the ***** it is. Finally winning it with 15 seconds to spare (out of the 45 minute timer) was one of the few times I literally yelled out loud.

Also: just about every RPG shot on a chopper in BF3 that connects.

Clowndoe

Aug 6, 2012
I've been finishing up weeks worth of sweat and tears beating Blood today on the hardest difficulty, no bitching out by using a mouse and keyboard setup, this is arrow keys and ctrl to fire. I found myself in a situation with about 20 health, no back up saves (I done messed up), and big room full of baddies to clear. This is probably a little esoteric, but on the off chance anyone knows what I'm talking about, after loading up the section for the 10th time, I had a glorious 45 seconds of frantic popping off flares to thin out the enemies' ranks, followed by some clutch dynamite throwing and panicked voodoo doll mass murder while praying for deliverance. It was an absolute bath of blood, and my reward for it all was a handful of still-beating hearts for consumption...

Bah! kids these days don't know what I'm talking about.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
For me pretty much every time I've managed to get a MOAB in MW3. Other than that I can't think of anything.

WouldYouKindly

Apr 17, 2011
Hmm, I had one a while ago in BF:BC2. It's Isla Innocentes defending on Rush, the first segment. I'm sniping because I was actually pretty decent at it back then. After popping a few shots, I see the enemy helicopter coming in. I ignore it because that's not really my business right now. Turns out they actually had a good pilot, which was pretty rare. He did a great job and racked up a good score for his door gunners. They had killed me at least 3 times over the course of the section. After the last time, someone on my team finally got a good rocket hit on them and put them down. So I spawned as a sniper again to continue my long range work. After a minute or two, that same helicopter comes rolling over the horizon, low over the water. Fuck this nonsense. I take a shot and killed the pilot in one shot. I get to watch the helo crash into the water and explode, killing everyone on it. Fuck yeah!

I've had one in World of Tanks today actually. I was pretty much boned in my SU-152. Surrounded in the town in Lakeville, I proceed to blow up an ELC, a Churchill I, a T-34-85, and a T20. I still died, but that was a freaking blast with that gun sounding like God just dropped a bass drum. It's also fun to obliterate aggressive scouts too, but that's a different story.

MCerberus

Jun 26, 2013
Anivia on LoL.
I had a strong matchup mid lane (Ryze), and was up a kill and a decent chunk of farm. Ryze is hurt but running towards me. I read gank, which means he's going to flash in to attack. I put down an ice bomb so that it stuns him the second he flashes. Their jungler goes in to support their fresh corpse, so I melt their Sejuani down as well.

My jungler after he shows up too late to get an assist but was rushing in to save me: "... okay then"

Also The Old Republic (Inquisitor)
Forcing Thanaton to kneel before he tries to crawl to another Dark Council Sith (who snaps his neck

Seracen

Sep 20, 2009
2 claims to fame on my end, the second one I didn't realize was a milestone until AFTER discussing it with my friends in a chatroom...

1) killing that old man in a wheelchair (I know how it sounds) in Final Fight...that machine gun wielding bastitch took forever to destroy!

2) beating the final boss of Legend of Dragoon, taking only 45 min and only falling into the yellow twice

There were other moments where I was like "thank God that's over," or played it through again to beat it more soundly, but those two were the ones that stand out in my mind as "achievements."

Though I must say, getting the ultimate fusion for maxing out all social links in Persona 3 was pretty awesome.

Oh, and Halo: two banshees with one plasma grenade...alas, that was before recorded missions...