Your F*** Yea moment in gaming

Azure23

Nov 5, 2012
Doclector said:
Well, recently I managed to kill a drifter in BL2 "Attack On titan" style.

I was playing as krieg, went into rampage, found something to jump off of, and quickly Buzz axe'd it in the head and killed it.
Isn't it great when you can pull of cinematic, badass kills within the mechanics of the game? Without the need for setpieces or quicktime events? Creators of Rhyse, take note; stunning a bruiser with a thrown buzzaxe to the head then jumping off a rock to deliver the finishing blow at close range will always be more satisfying then "press X to kill." God I love Krieg.

As for my own F**k yeah moments in games? I have a lot; whenever I get handed a shotgun, whenever I pull of a great stealth kill in Dishonored, and whenever Rex Power Colt does.....anything really. But probably my favorite moment was more of a F**k you moment. Hopefully you've all felt this, its that moment when you inhabit the character and things get personal. That moment when the bad guys have really fucked up and wronged YOU, the player. In some games it's when you eschew stealth and go on a bloody rampage, or when you dispatch enemies with cold rage and brutal efficiency. The Last of Us gave me one such moment, and I don't think I'll ever forget the feeling of carving my through that hospital at the end. I have very strong paternal instincts, that game's themes really resonated with me, and as soon as Marlene told me what the fireflies had planned, I knew what had to be done. I didn't stealth through, for all I knew time was a factor. I sprinted up the hospital corrider towards the enemy squad as they rounded the corner. The first soldier got a revolver slug to the knee, he doubled over in pain and I took him hostage. His comrades went down in seconds to my handcannon, no messing around, nothing fancy, just center mass shots from the most powerful gun in the game. Every shot that rang out was followed by a chorus in my head "f**k all of you child killing bastards!"
And thats how I went through that level, it was a blitzkrieg, fast and brutal. Bombs, molotovs, shivs, I used all my resources to kill them all as fast as I could.

And that is my greatest f**k yeah moment in gaming, it'll take something really exceptional to top it.

EDIT: sorry for the double post, captcha error

EquestrianGeneral

Jun 22, 2012
My most recent "Moment" would have to be when my friend and I were playing Day Z.

We were driving along in a bus and humvee near Solinichy (or something similar to that name, it's a city on the east coast). Earlier, we had seen a truck speed down the road passed us when we had parked to get some water from a pond.

We were passing a factory when my friend said, "Isn't that the truck from before?"

And then I got shot in the arm. Turns out the car belonged to two jerks who had military weaponry (including a SAW) and had set up shop in the factory, probably waiting for us.

Very long story short, they shot up both vehicles badly enough that we pulled over, they killed my friend with a DMR, and I spent nearly 30 minutes guerrilla-warfaring it and killed the two of them.

After that, with so little blood that I couldn't see any in the little icon, I drove back down all the way to Elektro and met up with my newly-respawned friend, who proceeded to give me a blood transfusion.

Then a random sniper shot two of the bus' tires and destroyed its engine. We weren't very happy.

Still, pretty awesome feeling when I got back.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Pretty much every time I stealth kill every person on a level of Tenchu Z without being seen. When you get into a flow of assassinating people without having to wait for long, have a few 'oh, shit, they might see me' moments, before finding a sneaky way of striking them when they least expect it-- gaming rarely gets more exhilarating for me.

The same can be said for when playing Mushihimesama or Mushihimesama Futari, for the 2 people on this forum who've even heard of these games. Being able to reach the last levels without hardly ever being hit, outmaneuvering all those swarms of bullets, with that awesome soundtrack playing, full blast.

ThatQuietGuy

May 22, 2013
The God of War games on hard mode. The Brutal quick time events are so much more satisfying after 30 tries of beating a boss.

Boogie Knight

Oct 17, 2011
Lemme think, the final boss of Breath of Fire 4. It was a long hard battle which whittled away my resources and was desperate to just not die. Then it got to a point where I knew that at this turn the boss' next attack would wipe me out. Then I connected with an attack and the boss was very dead.

Then there was the confrontation with the Hive Mind in the first Dead Space on Impossible mode. I started with absolutely nothing and slogged through it no matter how tough it got. Then I dealt the finishing blow and as I ran to the vessel to escape I was literally shouting, "Yeah! Yeah!" like an idiot in celebration.

Jolly Co-operator

A Heavy Sword
Mar 10, 2012
Angelous Wang said:
Finally defeating he Absolute Conqueror in The Last Remnant.

TLR is one of the hardest JRPG of all time, you cannot just play the game (well you can, but you'll get stuck, over-leveled but underpowered). You first have to learn how to play before you start, you need to know how to level, how to get character status high, how to keep battle level low, when to grind, when to avoid, which leaders to use, how to spawn rares, which arts to learn and plan what your equipment is going to be.

And then to even spawn the Absolute Conqueror you have to complete all side quests in the game (all side quests are time sensitive and miss-able) and complete allot of miscellaneous and specific actions during the course of the game and side quests that are not explained or detailed in the game at all. In short you need to be reading guide virtually the whole way through to ensure you don't miss or do anything wrong, because one mistake and you are screwed.

As for the Absolute Conqueror himself, the guy has about a million HP, can insta-kill individual team members with his normal attacks, has about 10 super attacks that can one-two hit kill a team (including a team instkill), can attack multiple times per turn (everyone else attacks once per tun only), has an ability give himself even more attacks per turn, has the ability of inflict multiple status aliments and for kicks has an ability to make himself 100% immune to damage for the next 3 whole turns.

The game is an OCD masochist's wet dream.
Holy Shit (0_0)

If a monument for gaming achievements is ever built, I think you, and whoever else beat that boss, deserve a little space on it.

OT: The most recent one I can remember is a particularly good game of LoL I had, playing as Volibear. Everything was going my way that game, and I was absolutely unstoppable. I was taking on two champions at a time without much trouble, and even three at a time, on one occasion (although they each had a little health chipped off that time). It got to the point where enemy champions were actually running from me. No, I don't mean they tried to kite, I mean they just flat-out ran. I expected playing as an electric armored polar bear to be satisfying, but I wasn't expecting that.

Granted, I can't attribute all of this moment to my own skill. I had a decent team, and considering I was able to take out two champions by myself, I doubt the enemy team was very skilled with the champs they were using. Nonetheless, it was very satisfying.

Jmumbler

Jul 7, 2013
When me and my buddy beat the original 1985 gauntlet on nes. We literally jumped up and down with joy.

Greg White

Sep 19, 2012
Most epic moments for me?

Beating Kalameet or Snorlax and Pikachu solo in Dark Souls comes to mind, especially because I use heavy armor.

There was also one time I got summoned while some guy was in the middle of getting ganked and me, being the ever helpful sunbro, just took out the invader with a backstab with my Dragon Tooth.

p4riah

Aug 12, 2009
Recently, I was getting my ass kicked by the Capra Demon in Dark Souls (long time Demon's Souls player, first time Dark Souls player). I finally figured out how to consistently get to him without taking much damage, but once there, the small arena, unblockable jump attack, and two zombie dogs were giving me a real hard time. I knew the key was to kill the dogs first to have any chance of winning.

Something like the eighth try, and only second where I successfully killed the dogs, I was playing a game of hit and fade with the demon for a good 10 minutes, mostly using the staircase on the left and the jump attack. Finally, having just healed with my last humanity, I was up on the ledge atop the staircase, despairing of his remaining health bar, when I noticed that the item button had auto-switched to that one lightning enchant item that I had forgotten I had. I applied it to my sword, and jumped down on his head, doing 3x the normal damage and taking his entire remaining health. I believe I shouted "Lightning to the face, *****!!!" if memory serves.

The Souls series is full of moments like this. The games are hard and unforgiving, but never unfair. The entire point is mastering the world, discovering the best strategy, and beating them at their own game. As such, it's some of the most rewarding gameplay ever, for those willing to stick to it.

Praise the Sun!

Nigh Invulnerable

Jan 5, 2009
CardinalPiggles said:
Finishing Green Grass and High Tides in Rockband on solo expert guitar.

So many numb fingers, hand cramps and disgruntled adults telling me to turn that music down, but once I had done it I literally shouted YEAH!
I had the same sort of moment with "Freebird" on expert guitar on GH II back in the day. That made me just give my screen the finger when I saw my result, as that song had been so friggin' hard.

crazyarms33

Nov 24, 2011
I was playing Counter Strike on de_Dust as the CT's(12v12 I think, it was a while ago). My whole team had gotten rocked and I was the only guy left. I didn't have any money at the beginning of the round so I bought an MP-5 and the armor+ helmet. I dropped two guys and picked up a Galil and rounded the corner heading into the T spawn and literally of the 7 guys left 5 were there and I just crouched and emptied my mag into them. By some miracle I dropped them all but the other two guys planted the bomb. I ran to the site and got them both with 1 health left and barely defused the bomb in time(thanks guy who bought the defusal kit!) and saved the day!

[sub]Then I proceeded to die almost instantly each consecutive round. *le sigh*[/sub]

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Finally platinum trophied Assassins Creed 3 yesterday. That one makes you jump through so many hoops to get it, its unbelievable.

talker

Nov 18, 2011
completing the storming the Reichstag mission in call of duty world at war on hardest without dying once. I'm serious, it's damn hard not to get cut down by incoming fire in that mission.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
I just been playing Darkstar One on xbox, and finishing a battle against multiple pirates though im clsoe to death is an achievement.

So any boss or fight where your life is close to zero. Massive win.

Frokane

Sep 28, 2011
after getting so good at fight night champion I literally ploughed through the game with little to no difficulty on the hardest setting WOO!

Grivahri

Mar 26, 2012
Defeating Dahaka on hard difficulty in Prince of Persia: Warrior Within

Zelda Ocarina of Time:
- Figuring out that fire+stick could burn down web in the deku tree
- Figuring out that you should drop bombs in the "holes" on the bridge in order to progress in the second dungeon.
- Growing up
- Finally finishing the god awful shadow dungeon

BoogieManFL

Apr 14, 2008
In Half-Life death match, I got 4 Tau Cannon kills through walls and with reflections in the same life. One of the shots I got 2 with the same shot. It was awesome. And none of these kills did I see actually anyone, I was just firing blind.

In World of Tanks, my team got slaughtered leaving me alone vs 8 enemy tanks. I charged in like a madman in my KV-1S and got 6 kills in like 3 minutes time. I got some lucky shots in while driving full out then made good use of nearby structures to avoid some fire until 3 attacked me at the same time and disabled my track while two tank destroyers were sniping me from a hill and a light tank drove up behind me point blanking my rear armor. But I took out one of the final 2 TD with a shot like 2 seconds before they lit me up. We still lost, but I ended up taking 6 of the last 8 out. Was a pretty epic last stand. If only I didn't get detracked, I probably could have taken the scout. Then it would have been just me and a TD left to whoever got the first solid hit.

The singular most satisfying was back in the Arcade golden days, I was a monster with Fulgore in Killer Instinct. One day some cocky ***** and his buddy come up while I'm playing single player and says he's going to whoop my ass with he buddies cheering him on. He knew how to play good, but while I was good as well, I got really lucky and everything just worked out perfectly. I defeated him with a double perfect, and finished him off with a shadow ultra combo and knocked him off the roof. He and his buddies all stood there in stunned silence. My brother and I just looked at them and grinned and I said something like "You like that?" and we turned around and walked away. It was so very gratifying to humiliate that smug little prick. I could never do it again with a double perfect, but karma did a good job that day.

Lastly, playing the original America's Army, I killed like 9 of the 12-15ish enemy team like 25 seconds into the round with one blind frag grenade throw. The chat just instantly flooded with LOLs and WTFs, it was magical.

The

Jan 24, 2012
In the winter level in Last of Us, I accidentally rushed into a building filled with enemies. I killed one, but the others were gaining on me. Just as I thought I was cornered and on the brink of death, I jumped out a window which I literally just noticed, ducked behind a cement wall and shot both enemies with the remaining bullets I had as they were coming at me. I had to breathe a sigh of relief.