Arisato-kun

Apr 22, 2009
Del-Toro said:
Arisato-kun said:
Del-Toro said:
Arisato-kun said:
Del-Toro said:
3. Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory
A severely underrated Gundam series. My hat's off to you for mentioning it.
It really is, I mean, the only reason it's not at or closer to the top is because it becomes rather scattered after units 1 and 2 are destroyed. It's kind of sad that preachier and more carelessly melancholic gundam incarnations like Wing (I liked it, I have the box set, but not in my top 5) and Seed (Must. Resist. Urge. To kill.) seem to be the favorites. I havn't seen 08th MS Team yet so I'm not going to comment on that.
Haha I know what you mean. Anavel Gato has to be my favorite Gundam villain and the Neue Ziel my favorite Mobile Armor.

I can't really agree with that you said about Seed though since I consider Kira Yamato the greatest Gundam Pilot ever. >_>
But Kira was a Co-Ordinator, he had something of an advantage even over all of the UC timeline's Newtypes! I mean, compared to the Wing pilots, yes (I have this theory that they are actually dreadful pilots and if engaged by a Feddie in a GM Custom model or a Zeke in a Dom Troppen they would fold like a house of cards) but give the UC pilots some credit. Ray Amuro became a pilot by skimming the Gundam's owner's manual (IE that book that comes with your car which you throw in the glove compartment and never look at again), I think that's a little more impressive than being superhuman in the first place!
I'm mostly impressed with him by his resolve. He started the series at a Shinji Ikari level of bitchiness. But by the end of the series he's a competent man that can do what needs to be done. Even without his Coordinator powers he still becomes a calm, cool and collected man that knows what he has to fight for and actually does so accordingly. When one fights for peace kill the least right? I respect him for how he acts. That's why he's my favorite and the best.

Gabriel Xollan

Jun 4, 2010
Haha, well I'll say my anime listing is short and brief.

1. Devil May Cry: The Animated Series

2. Dragon Ball Z

3. Bleach

4. Gundam

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Aura Guardian said:
Gigaguy64 said:
Aura Guardian said:
Gigaguy64 said:
Alpha1089 said:
Gigaguy64 said:
Here are my top 5.

1:Bleach
2:Rurouni Kenshin
3:G Gundam
4:Trigun
5:The Big O

*This list is subject to change as i may start to remember other Anime iv seen*
No Tekkaman Blade in there?
As i said, List is subject to change as i remember all the series iv seen.
:p

Tekkaman Blade would probably Replace Trigun as #4.
You wanna die son?!?!?!?!?! You knew that would attract me. You planned it. Smart.
lol.
My new list would haft to be 10 now.
my memory suddenly sucks whenever im asked a question...

3:Vandread
4:Tekkaman Blade
5:Trigun
6:The Big O
7:Samurai 7
8:FMA:Brotherhood
9:Case Closed
10:Sword of the Stranger
That's my 2nd favorite. I know what you mean. But my list is now permanent. Just like yours, it doesn't include Cowboy Bebop. That anime moved from 3rd...to 5th..to no longer a favorite.
yea.
I still love Cowboy Bebop but, now there are others i love more.

gim73

Jul 17, 2008
Might as well address some issues first...

Avatar is not anime. It's inspired by anime, and 500 % better than all the trash on those channels put together, but it's not made in japan.

Naruto is 220 episodes first part and almost 180 for the second part so far, which does NOT add up to 600 plus episodes. One Piece is creeping up towards 500 which gives it the potential to be a 1000 episode series. And yes, there are longer anime series than this...

The sea of Mediocrity is not up to 95% of all anime. Maybe 30 % on a bad day, but there are always series that just plain rock. As a science fiction fan, you should check out Legend of the Galactic Heroes. You'll only find it in fansubs, and it truly kicks sci-fi ass. 110 episodes for the main series, with 2 movies and four side stories, with the last one being 20 episodes. You really get to know and love the characters from both sides of the battle.

Let's put in Hunter x Hunter as another awesome series that deserves to be continued. In addition to only having one filler portion (which is actually good and 3 episodes long, and fits into the plot) it is completely amazing. One of my all time favorites.

Hellsing ultimate really puts the finishing touches on the hellsing series and gives us something that we can definately call 'adult' anime.

Black Lagoon is another 'adult' anime that I watch with great pleasure. Seriously, I'm so stoked that there is a third season, and it's about Roberta the maid. KICK ASS!

Most people have already hit on the fun series already. Suprisingly, I haven't seen any Nadesico, which is one of the best mecha-comedies out there along with Parallel Duel.

Any D&D fan that misses out on Slayers or Record of Lodoss war deserves to suffer. Oh, there are other great fantasy setting anime, but I'm just gonna mention these classics.

Haibane Renmei is about grey-winged angels who are born in cocoons as reincarnated souls. It's an odd little anime where everyone is confused as to why they are there and just who are the people that make it so the Haibane can't live as citizens.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Aura Guardian said:
Gigaguy64 said:
yea.
Shocked to see the lack of G gundam(crap) on your list
Oh yea!
I for got that!

*updated*
5:G Gundam

Thanks for reminding me man.

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
Gigaguy64 said:
Aura Guardian said:
Gigaguy64 said:
yea.
Oh yea!
I for got that!

*updated*

Son of a. My Trigun. Why did I mention that crap!? Its hard to pick a good list huh?

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Aura Guardian said:
Gigaguy64 said:
Aura Guardian said:
Gigaguy64 said:
yea.
Oh yea!
I for got that!

*updated*

Son of a. My Trigun. Why did I mention that crap!? Its hard to pick a good list huh?
Sigh.
It really is hard man.
It really is.

RifkaMarie

Disillusioned Optimist
Jul 22, 2009
MDSnowman said:
I didn't list FMA, because as good as the anime was, the manga blew it away.
>FMA: Brotherhood is a new take on the Anime that follows the manga much more closely. And it's extremely awesome. I apologize if you know already!

As for my own list?

Hellsing
Yu Yu Hakusho
Slayers (any of them)
FLCL
FMA: Brotherhood
Tekkaman Blade/Technoman
and I liked Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. I liked the opening theme enough back in the day that I actually found a translation for it so I could make sure I liked it more than just for sound.

I'm trying to think of Animes I've watched from start to finish AND really enjoyed. I'm finding there aren't terribly many. Poo.

RifkaMarie

Disillusioned Optimist
Jul 22, 2009
Sacman said:
Alpha1089 said:
Serial Experiments Lain.
Yay I'm not the only one, who's seen this show, let alone liked it...
I've only seen a few episodes of it, and years ago :( It was trippy and interesting, obviously if I can still remember it now. I would have liked to see more - I look for it from time to time.

sivlin

Feb 8, 2010
Code Geass is my all around favorite show ever - be it anime or just a regular tv show.

Death Note and Baccano! are also pretty immaculate as well and are my next favorite shows.

Death Note and Code Geass are both mind thrillers if anyone hasn't seen em, Baccano! is just fun :D.

MisterShine

Him Diamond
Mar 9, 2010
Grave of the Fireflies, for emotional impact. Only form of media, other than 2 video games, that has made me actually weep. I get teary-eyed at some things, but never outright crying usually.

Ergo Proxy, because it's one of the few things that has made me think about myself as a person, and how that should change.

Toradora! for being one of the very few animes that I can watch multiple times and not get annoyed or bored. Yes, you know what is going on by the second episode. Yes, some of the situations are a bit silly. Yes, it is still one of the most touching and genuinely soulful shows ever made.