Your favorite BAD movie

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Alone In The Dark.

I guess I just remember it more fondly because of all of the dvd extra music videos. It also cemented my love of Nightwish!

Johnny Impact

Aug 6, 2008
Don't understand the hate for The Babadook. I thought it was a great slow-burn horror movie, the kind that goes for genuine fear rather than gore or jump-scares. You don't know exactly what's going to happen. (spoiler) The nature of the monster is never truly revealed. The movie takes its time building tension. I especially like the twist where (spoiler again) it's revealed we are all our own worst enemies. Overall I found it tense and superbly acted. It's the opposite of, say, the Friday the 13th series. They've made the exact same predictable, uninspired hack-'em-up like twelve times now and at least ten of them are utter trash. Of course, I've watched most of them when I needed to shut my brain off. It's like a brain cigarette: "Everything about this is bad, and it's probably giving me cancer, but somehow I just don't care....and I feel like I may need another one soon."

Every so often my brother and I make a game out of finding the worst movie on Netflix and lampooning it. Stuff MST3K never got to, but should have. Zontar, The Thing From Venus comes to mind. It's an even-worse knock-off of an already bad movie MST did an episode with. Imagine that, a bad imitation of a movie bad enough to be shown on the Satellite of Love. It goes past 'bad,' through 'so bad it's good,' beyond 'so bad it's bad,' and comes back around to 'so bad it's good'. It makes you want to throw your head back and scream at the empty universe: "I just saw the most irredeemably awful thing any living being ever spent money producing, I have poisoned my brain forever, yet somehow I'm vastly entertained! Can you BELIEVE this shit??"

TheRundownRabbit

Wicked Prolapse
Aug 27, 2009
I have to say this...god help me for saying this...but I'm still saying it.
I'm sorry, but I just love it every time I watch this pile of crap.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
TheRundownRabbit said:
I do not see why that movie is so hated.

It's got Arnie, and he's doing the sort of stuff that made him so popular. Uma Thurman is in there, and she's being wonderfully over the top. There's some nice weird visuals, I really like the look of Gotham.

It also doesn't have the painfully unfunny Jim Carrey, or painfully Nicole Kidman Nicole Kidman like the previous film did.

Though, I also liked the John Carter movie.

small

Aug 5, 2014
there really are only two answers to this question. either howard the duck or killer klowns from outer space

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
No one has said The Room yet?

I first saw this masterpiece with my cousin and laughed the whole way through. Something you cannot watch alone
If Tommy Wiseau turns out to actually be human in the end and not an alien, I will eat someone's hat.

TheRundownRabbit

Wicked Prolapse
Aug 27, 2009
thaluikhain said:
TheRundownRabbit said:
I do not see why that movie is so hated.

It's got Arnie, and he's doing the sort of stuff that made him so popular. Uma Thurman is in there, and she's being wonderfully over the top. There's some nice weird visuals, I really like the look of Gotham.

It also doesn't have the painfully unfunny Jim Carrey, or painfully Nicole Kidman Nicole Kidman like the previous film did.

Though, I also liked the John Carter movie.
I thought Jim Carry was funny, he played the living hell out of the Riddler.

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
Mine has always been Hudson Hawk. The cat burglaries timed to music performed by Bruce Willis and Danny Aiello are total classics. It's terrible but never fails to make me laugh. Plus, if you've ever heard Bruce Willis perform the blues tune "The Ballad of Hudson Hawk..." priceless.

Arean

Windwalker of Shaundakul
Apr 24, 2008
small said:
there really are only two answers to this question. either howard the duck or killer klowns from outer space
Wow, there's a person besides me who've seen Kille Klowns from Outer Space!

Also, Mongolian Death Worms is one of my top bad movies as of late. Loosely based on a Mongolian myth, it's got one of the Boondock Saints, and a hilariously over-the-top stereotype of a "Texas Sheriff" played by an asian man.

Sampler

He who is not known
May 5, 2008
small said:
Those films are awesome, the former was a child hood favorite (that admittedly does not stand up to rewatching now) and the latter scarred me as a child too young to have found the VHS.

Now, shit movies, gotta be Postal. It's a Uwe Boll so off the bat you know it's going to be bad, I mean this is a guy who can make a sex scene with Kristanna Loken in it unappealing (seriously, I don't think I got wood for a week after that flick, and it even stared Ben fucking Ghandi Kinglsey in it)!

But it's glorious terrible to the point he even stands up half way through and takes the piss out of himself. The opening scene is the single best opening scene in any movie ever and I would've just loved to have been in a packed US cinema on opening day to see the reactions.

Hemlet

Jul 31, 2009
Well my absolute favourite has to be Yor: Hunter From The Future:
"Well that's not fair, you just watched Spoony's review of it and say it's a favourite". Oh no. I genuinely own a VHS copy of this movie that clearly used to belong to a now defunct rental store. I own a VHS player strictly so I can watch and enjoy this movie. It is just as glorious as the above scene makes it out to be.

For a trip into unbridled insanity you just can't go wrong with Robo Geisha. Just...just go look it up. Really. Do it.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Bizzaro Stormy said:
Probably Dune. Giant sand worms, an imperial palace that flies through space, Jurgen Prochnow with a beard, Patrick Stewart going into battle with a machine gun in one hand and a pug in the other, Francesca Annis looking quite hot until they shaved her head, artistic awesomeness, a nonsensical plot, and a floating fat man. How everyone else's career was damaged and yet Sting's survived leaves me baffled. His insane performance as Feyd Rautha Harkonan does add to this film though. Long live the fighters!!
xD I think the fact that Sting was in a loin cloth, coated in body oil, at the height of his physical prime, proooobably helped keep him from getting too much negative flak for that role.

And yeah, I gotta agree that Dune is a glorious movie. It's one of my earliest movie memories, and helped solidify my love of strong, capable women archetypes, and also really striking eyes. Those glowing blue eyes were hypnotizing to me as a young boy, and since then I've had a fetish for really striking eyes on a woman.

A different title for me is probably Van Helsing, with Hugh Jackman. My god I love this film. I don't watch it regularly, but I found it so over the top that I just stopped giving a shit about the bad stuff. I liked the music, I found the comic really friar sidekick to Van Helsing very amusing, and capable too! He was the Johnny on the Spot when things went bad. Plus, he got laid, where Van Helsing didn't. xD The Dracula in that movie ate so much scenery I'm surprised he didn't become morbidly obese. Vamp wife: "Have you no heart?" Dracula: "NOOOOOOOOOOO! I....AM.....hollooooow." All said while hanging upside down from the ceiling.

And a plot to try and save the souls of the family, and that's what he does. He doesn't ride off into the sunset with her to go shag happily ever after. Nope, she's dead, her whole family is dead, but their souls are sent to heaven, which is a pretty good ending as these things go. And Frankenstein's monster was delicious too. Just, everything about that film screamed cheezy B movie schlock, but they did it with so much fun that I just couldn't find fault in it. xD

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
Gonna go with Will Farrell's Land of The Lost.

Hated it.

But when I'm really, really drunk, it's the funniest thing in the world, to hear Will screaming at that monkey man "Chaaka you ASSHOLE!"

BathorysGraveland2

Feb 9, 2013
The Room. Tommy is a lovely actor, full of unintentional comedy and silliness. Mark gives me the impression of a dude trying to legitimately act but fails due to Tommy's script. Chris-R is the best actor in the movie. Denny is creepy as all fuck. When he grows up, he'll get done for child rape and will die by shanking in prison and Lisa tries her hardest to make the sexiest sex scenes of all time, but ends up as attractive as a cacti plant in the Mexican desert (and not a live one, mind, but a cacti plant that has long been dead).

There's also grandma, who's more concerned with what big dick is engaging her daughter than the cancer that threatens her, and the doggy which sits upon the store bench!!! Brilliant film.

Oh Hi, Escapist user reading this.

small

Aug 5, 2014
Arean said:
small said:
Wow, there's a person besides me who've seen Kille Klowns from Outer Space!

Also, Mongolian Death Worms is one of my top bad movies as of late. Loosely based on a Mongolian myth, it's got one of the Boondock Saints, and a hilariously over-the-top stereotype of a "Texas Sheriff" played by an asian man.
seen it and i ADORE it. its 80's horror comedy at its best. a great friday night movie to watch with your friends :D

although it would be disrespectful not to mention the greatest movie of the 1980's "the adventures of buckaroo banzai across the 8th dimension" not only does it have the catchiest theme song in film its also got the best name of a movie :D

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Pacific Rim. I know it isn't good, and I know that the story is really weak, but god damn was it satisfying to watch a massive robot brawl a massive sea monster. I look forward to the sequel.

If you go in looking for an emotionally engaging story with great characters, you are going to be disappointed, but if you go in expecting a dumb fun mech film, it is probably the best out there. If it ever gets rereleased at the cinema, just go and watch it. I regret not seeing it a second time.

Spider RedNight

There are holes in my brain
Oct 8, 2011
If I'm going by everyone else's standards on this website, then I'll admit I liked Daredevil. It was hokey and didn't make a whole lot of sense and that's okay because I love Daredevil to pieces and I'll watch a bad movie with him in it because it has him in it. Same thing with Batman Forever - I just like the Riddler THAT much.

I can also sit down and enjoy Freddy vs. Jason any time of year because it's just entertaining. Cheesy and campy but it's good

NeutralStasis

Sep 23, 2014
Judge Dredd (1995)

Yeah....I am not proud to admit this, but I really loved this movie. I know it is bad and all, but I really thought it was the funniest thing I had ever seen when it came out. Ah....the 90s....

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
I think I'm going to have to go with Freejack. Anthony Hopkins, Rene Russo, and Mick Jagger, all slumming it. Also Emilio Estevez... Um, shooting about par, really. Ridiculous premise, some hilarious lines, and a nun who kicks ass.

I'm tempted to go with Cannibal the Musical, but while it's awesome, it's a little too intentional with regard for the level it's shooting for to be my pick.