Your favorite BAD movie

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Guilty pleasure time! What is so bad in performance, script and execution that you have to adore it?

I watch RedLetterMedia's Best of the Worst and when I found out about Tammy and the T-Rex I just went to watch it.

It is so beautifully terrible, I enjoyed it altogether way too much!

Your turn. :D

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
The Happening. It's so gloriously hilarious from start to finish. "What? Noooooooo."

I've watched it like 4 or 5 times now -- I try to do it once a year, and I first saw it in 2010 -- and it never gets old.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Oh, geez. That's a tough one, man. I guess I'd probably pick Beastmaster 2: Through the Portal of Time:

...Or maybe Highlander: The Source, because it's gloriously shit beyond words. Or perhaps Zardoz. Argh, there are so many gems.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Samurai Cop.

And 25 years later they're making a sequel because the fans have asked for it. I'm stoked! It's the worst movie ever made and you have to see it to believe it. Please for the love of god go watch it, then go to YouTube and watch all the interviews with the main actor for invaluable insight into how bizarre it was to shoot something so obviously awful.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Fucking Spice World.

I know, out of left field, eh?

That movie is pretty terrible, but it's also pretty self-aware of how terrible it is at the same time.

I don't like their music and the plot is batshit bonkers, but the movie is a fun ride into ridiculousness. :D

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
I can't really think of one given that I don't (but should) watch famously bad films all the time.

The latest piece of brilliance is The Babadook from last year. Shit script. Shit horror. Laughable designs. Cliché to the point of embarrassment and yet it's quite clear that the film was the director's baby. The actors give such a good job on such a laughably awful... everything else that it's entertaining as a comedy, but will never be scary as a horror. The Babadook himself either looks like Sam Raimi's Venom or like Danny DeVito's Penguin, which is always a good chuckle when he actually shows up.

How The Babadook got 98% on Rotten Tomatoes is beyond me, unless they're giving it praise ironically.

EDIT: In fact, thinking of The Babadook made me think of a bad film I love above all bad films: Silent Hill Revelations. It's amazingly awful with no sense of story, logic, characters, writing or even basic design, but it's entertaining as Hell just for the absurdity of a duel-to-the-death with Pyramid Head and it has enough references to most of the Silent Hill games to act as if they thought the film would turn out to be good and well-remembered.

Besides getting Heather right again and the odd fog scene, there's pretty much nothing the film does well but it's absolutely wonderful. I like it even more than the first film which I think is actually good (on it's own merits).

Bizzaro Stormy

Oct 19, 2011
Probably Dune. Giant sand worms, an imperial palace that flies through space, Jurgen Prochnow with a beard, Patrick Stewart going into battle with a machine gun in one hand and a pug in the other, Francesca Annis looking quite hot until they shaved her head, artistic awesomeness, a nonsensical plot, and a floating fat man. How everyone else's career was damaged and yet Sting's survived leaves me baffled. His insane performance as Feyd Rautha Harkonan does add to this film though. Long live the fighters!!

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Man of Steel

It's just so big and dumb... I love it!

I don't know what else I could say to explain it, there's just this fuzzy feeling I get when I put it on and let the stupidity wash over me.

Armadox

Mandatory Madness!
Aug 31, 2010
I can think of two right off the top of my head, with more to list when I have a moment to really think it over.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freaked[footnote] The flying gimp has been destroyed, you may now safely return to your houses...[/footnote]
The first is Freaked, and it is fantastic. It's terrible, over the top and just feels like the actors had fun playing their parts. Where else can you find Bill and Ted playing a dog-man and half-gremlin respectively, Mr. T as a bearded lady, and Bobcat Goldthwait as a sock?

and..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lo_(film)
Lo is a musical about a man and the demon he loves. It's been on Netflix a few times, and I'd wait and see it there when you get the chance. Then buy it on DVD. Then eat that DVD..

Story

Note to self: Prooof reed posts
Sep 4, 2013
Van Helsing (2004)

Yeah the one with Huge Jackman in it.

I just, really like that dumb, overly CGI'd movie. Maybe because I liked the design of the monsters way too much? Maybe I just like Richard Roxburgh's overacting? I don't know for sure. All that I do know is that I can actually quote that movie line for line I've watched it so much.

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
I love watching the Twilight movies. All of them, but mostly the second and the fifth. I find them hilarious.

I get a laugh every time I see The Last Airbender on television. I remember the first time through being painful to watch, but I guess as time went on and its reputation grew, I began to find the movie very amusing. Same with Dragonball Evolution.

I'm more familiar with hilariously bad anime than movies, though. Some of my favorites are Garzey's Wing, Mars of Destruction, and Legend of Duo.
Evonisia said:
I can't really think of one given that I don't (but should) watch famously bad films all the time.

The latest piece of brilliance is The Babadook from last year. Shit script. Shit horror. Laughable designs. Cliché to the point of embarrassment and yet it's quite clear that the film was the director's baby. The actors give such a good job on such a laughably awful... everything else that it's entertaining as a comedy, but will never be scary as a horror. The Babadook himself either looks like Sam Raimi's Venom or like Danny DeVito's Penguin, which is always a good chuckle when he actually shows up.

How The Babadook got 98% on Rotten Tomatoes is beyond me, unless they're giving it praise ironically.
I really, really genuinely liked The Babadook.

Then again, I genuinly love Vampire's Kiss, but The Babadook I thought was a good, creepy, psychological horror flick.

I guess one man's horror is another man's comedy.

the_dramatica

Dec 6, 2014
The last boy scouts with Bruce Willis is up there. Something about gritty white trash adventures really sold to me, and it's probably the only awful, screw and chuck piece of work that I would be able to love so much.

I also like the cheesier sci fi films Arnold and Sylvester got themselves into. In spite of being cheesy and awful a lot of the time, the sci fi was actually pretty interesting a lot of the time, sometimes even well written, and I found myself enjoying lots of those sort of films. I'm not even talking the popular ones like predator(which I think is a good film I enjoyed), i'm talking stuff like death race, the tyler perry films, the Arnold movie with the clones and Arnolds hunger games sort of movie.

renegade7

Feb 9, 2011
Birdemic. Fucking Birdemic.

This movie is just so bad that it's impossible not to love its unintentional hilariousness. I mean JUST LOOK AT THIS.

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
MEGA SHARK VS GIANT OCTOPUS

Awww yeah.

EDIT:
the_dramatica said:
...the Arnold movie with the clones and Arnolds hunger games sort of movie.
The Sixth Day and The Running Man. I have no shame, I genuinely enjoy all of Schwarzenegger's movies.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Does every single episode of MST3K count? Because otherwise, I cannot help you.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
I'll go ahead and take dibs on the most cliche and hilarious bad movie of them all:

Seriously...how has The Room not been mentioned yet? :p

Other than that I'll go with a slightly less cliche pick:

So much delicious overacting!

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
I have two.

'Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky'

Seriously the funniest damn movie I've ever seen. It's based on a manga of a character who is the master of some martial art that makes him so powerful that he can literally punch through people. This would add to lots of gross special effects, except the special effects are so bad it just becomes hilarious. Other aspects of the movie that just make it absolutely incredible:

-The entire movie takes place in a men's prison, except one of the inmates is clearly a woman, and no explanation is ever provided as to why.

-One of the inmates is named "Tarzan".

-The prison warden has a hook hand and a glass eyeball that he stores breath mints in. Yes seriously.

-At one point, one of the characters transforms into a giant ogre. Again, no explanation provided.

-Riki-Oh is so super-humanly tough, that he (amongst many other things) survives buried alive for 7 days, rips a man's jaw off, slaps a guy so hard his eye flies out, and repairs the severed tendons in his arm WITH HIS TEETH.

Luckily for ya'll, some wonderful person has posted the whole movie. Highly recommended.

The second one is 'Miami Connection'. I can't recommend this one enough, it's like "1980's: The movie". Martials arts, terrible 80's synth music about fighting Ninjas and friendship, a gang of motorcycle riding Ninjas, mind-blowingly bad acting, and a lead actor who clearly doesn't speak a word of English. Hilarious from start to finish.