Your favorite BAD movie

SilverLion

May 11, 2013
Doom. It has nothing to do with the video game, the scares are predictable, the characters are shallow, but apart from that I actually like it quite a lot. Just pretend it's called "Dead Planet" or something instead and you'll actually enjoy it quite a lot. And that first person shooter sequence is, everyone admits, fucking amazing.

Kl4pp5tuhl

Apr 15, 2009
Deep Rising.

It's so bad in many ways, but how it is moving along is good enough to keep you tied to your seat. I love every single frame of it.

"Now what?"

Breakdown

Oxy Moron
Sep 5, 2014
down a well
Country
Northumbria
I'd recommend watching Rawhead Rex, it's a really terrible horror film set in Ireland. The hero wears a massive cardigan, his family all have dubbed voices, and the rest of the cast seemed more suited to an episode of Father Ted (including a dead ringer for Father Jack). There's some really funny lines in the script and the monster is pretty stupid looking.

carnex

Jan 9, 2008
There are several but most of all

*drumroll*

Showdown in Little Tokyo

Just look at list of actors. Dolph Lundgren, Brandon Lee, Hiroyuki Tagawa and Tia Cerrere (even if she had a painfully obvious stand in for sex scene), taht just can't miss. Add to that some of most ridiulous actions scenes hollywood ever shot and dialogue that will have you in peces and you really have a gem of a movie.

then there are some that are really awfull but i like awfull movies like Moscow Zero, Over the Top, Twin Sitters, Think Big etc. But really, Showdown in Little Tokyo is a movie for ages.

ArcaneGamer

Dec 21, 2014
TheRundownRabbit said:
I have to say this...god help me for saying this...but I'm still saying it.
I'm sorry, but I just love it every time I watch this pile of crap.
I'm going to go with the less painful one to sit through, Batman Forever.
Jim Carrey's Edward Nigma is funny to hear, by now, I have at least a few jokes remembered from the Rifftrax that I make when watching it, (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4R2xNxMCqA) Tommy Lee Jones is hilariously bad as a wannabe of The Joker version of Two-Face, and as previously stated, it's less painful to sit through.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Johnny Impact said:
Don't understand the hate for The Babadook. I thought it was a great slow-burn horror movie, the kind that goes for genuine fear rather than gore or jump-scares. You don't know exactly what's going to happen. (spoiler) The nature of the monster is never truly revealed. The movie takes its time building tension. I especially like the twist where (spoiler again) it's revealed we are all our own worst enemies. Overall I found it tense and superbly acted. It's the opposite of, say, the Friday the 13th series. They've made the exact same predictable, uninspired hack-'em-up like twelve times now and at least ten of them are utter trash. Of course, I've watched most of them when I needed to shut my brain off. It's like a brain cigarette: "Everything about this is bad, and it's probably giving me cancer, but somehow I just don't care...."
It's really the inconsistent tone and the clichés that stopped me from giving The Babadook points. The odd inconsistency in the writing and the laughably bad design tore down any attempt the atmosphere had at getting me tense. I get that the Babadook himself is based off a children's book (within the film, idk if it's real), he still looks too goofy to take seriously. "Baba-dooooookk" was the funniest part of the film for me.

I'll give that child actor credit, I desperately wanted his character to die but I did kinda root for him by the end as it turns out everyone else is so mystifyingly stupid. Woman actor was really good, too. The rest of the cast? Eh... they're at best mishandled.

I also did guess exactly what would happen, my only surprise was that *SPOILERS* the old woman next-door didn't die,*END SPOILERS* but that was about it.

I'm in the vast minority when it comes to The Babadook. I probably wouldn't watch it again until the DVD is cheap, but it was greatly entertaining when I seen it at the cinema (for probably the exact opposite reason of others at the viewing).

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
renegade7 said:
Birdemic. Fucking Birdemic.

This movie is just so bad that it's impossible not to love its unintentional hilariousness. I mean JUST LOOK AT THIS.
I love how it so blatantly tries to give an important message about our "fossil fuel related activities". On a side note, I actually kind of enjoy the theme song.

For my choice, I'm going with The Room. Not very original I know, but if you skip the overly long sex scenes, this movie is absolutely hilarious. Mark's final line of the movie is perhaps my favourite: "As far as I'm concerned, you can drop of the Earth. That's a promise." The flower shop scene is also glorious.

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
small said:
killer klowns from outer space
When I was really little I caught that one on the SciFi Channel one night. I must have been, I don't know, five or so years old. Scared the crap outta me. Seriously. Went back a few years later to watch it again, and laughed my ass off pretty much start to finish. Great movie.

Shanicus said:
Starship Troopers 3.
My college roommate and I loved Starship Troopers, so when we found out there were sequels, we decided to marathon them. We both agreed that the sing-along sequence with the Pop Sensation / Goddamn Sky Marshal In SST3 was one of the best things ever, and absolutely would have bought ALL of the merchandise being advertised during it (especially the Sky Marshal patterned bed sheets). We both used the "Good Day to Die" song from that movie as ringtones for a while, and regularly quoted it during World of WarCraft raids.

Kl4pp5tuhl said:
Deep Rising
I genuinely love that movie! Treat Williams as an action hero? Hey, why not?

Fun Fact: The "Chinese M1L1 Triple-Pulse Assault Rifles" used in the movie appear as props carried by Alliance soldiers (the ones wearing Starship Troopers mobile infantry body armor) in the background of a few episodes of Firefly.

prowll

Aug 19, 2008
The One. Jet Li becoming more badass with every assassination... of himself. YES.....

13% on Rotten Tomatoes. Worst movie I've seen...

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
RedDeadFred said:
renegade7 said:
Birdemic. Fucking Birdemic.

This movie is just so bad that it's impossible not to love its unintentional hilariousness. I mean JUST LOOK AT THIS.
I love how it so blatantly tries to give an important message about our "fossil fuel related activities". On a side note, I actually kind of enjoy the theme song.
I love "so bad they're good" movies, but I dunno, I couldn't get behind 'Birdemic'. As mind-blowingly awful as it was, the entire time I was watching it I just couldn't shake the feeling that the director created a "so bad it's good" movie on purpose. I just can't believe he actually thought he was making a decent movie, but just failed really hard.

Movies like 'The Room', 'Miami Connection', 'Samurai Cop', etc. I can kind of see how the moviemakers had an idea of what movie they wanted to make and how to make it work, but just had no idea what they were doing. Part of what makes 'so bad they're good' movies fun is that they weren't intentionally made that awful.

SKBPinkie

Oct 6, 2013
Nick Cage's The Wicker Man.

Saw it on a flight the first time, laughed pretty hard at some of the final scenes. My friend was kinda confused when he saw the description for the movie and me laughing my ass off while watching it.

But then he saw it later.... fun was had.

EDIT: Just noticed that I was the only one who mentioned this movie in this thread. I was genuinely expecting at least five or so posts saying the same and thought I'd be kinda late on it. Man, if you guys haven't watched it, stop reading this and go check it out right now. If you're still not convinced, here's something that will help -

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
Adam Jensen said:
Samurai Cop.

And 25 years later they're making a sequel because the fans have asked for it. I'm stoked! It's the worst movie ever made and you have to see it to believe it. Please for the love of god go watch it, then go to YouTube and watch all the interviews with the main actor for invaluable insight into how bizarre it was to shoot something so obviously awful.
I was going to post that! Samurai Cop is incredible!

I love that one part where it jumps instantly from the action scene to the sex scene. What?

Also, the dog running in the yard make me laugh for 3 minutes straight. Best moment in cinema ever!

My other favorite would have to be Battlefield Earth. Hell, even the DVD menu is unbelievably lame.

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
SKBPinkie said:
You know what's amazing about that movie? If you ever see the original British film that it's based on, it's good. I mean like really, really good, like easily one of the best horror movies I have ever seen. How they managed to bungle it up so badly in this version is really beyond me.

And just remember: OH NO! NOT THE BEES!!!

TheBeatlesProject

Apr 7, 2013
I'd have ta say my favorite 'bad' movie is Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park. So full of good cheese you can just slide it between two pieces of bread, add butter and enjoy after cookin' of course.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Oh, man, this flaming shit pile. There are plot holes everywhere, none of the characters actions make any sense, they're all incredibly stupid, the show tries way too hard be dark and gritty, and worst of all, it can't decide on a tone, as it goes from deadly serious to laugh out loud funny at the drop of a hat. I fucking love it, it's great ; ). Seriously, I haven't had this much fun with a show in a long time. Yuno is a pure joy to watch at all moments, and some of the supporting cast members are endlessly entertaining. This clip sums up everything. The show is at its best when it just throws its hands up in the air and says fuck it, man, lets just do whatever. It's trash, but it's really good trash.

God bless whoever made this. Actually, screw it, this films great. Not even ironically great. Just great. (NSFW)

Ravinoff

Elite Member
Legacy
May 31, 2012
Country
Canada
I think I gotta go with Ghost Shark. Sharknado gets all the publicity, but Ghost Shark is orders of magnitude more hilarious. The titular ghost shark can manifest itself in any water, and it does so with gusto to amazing results. At one point it spawns itself in a bucket of water at a charity car wash and devours a cheerleader. Then it comes flying out of a fire hydrant and bites some kids in half. And possibly the best one, a guy takes a drink of water and the shark ghost explodes out of his torso and eats his head.

On the less SyFy Original side of things, I love the Resident Evil movies. They've got absolutely no connection to the games other than a half-dozen names and they use ridiculous visual gimmicks (see: the 3D one, and the gratuitous use of that Matrix camera effect), but as pure big-budget B-movies, they can't be beat. Not to mention that Wesker and Leon (he's in the latest one) are both played by the smarmiest-looking motherfuckers the studio could dig up.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
GI Joe, Rise of Cobra. The script is awful, CG is worse, and the acting is total narm. But when you put it all together, it somehow works.