Your favorite band! What genre of music is your favorite?

Death Magnetic

Aug 10, 2008
JC the Ghost said:
Metallica is terrible, I think there last decent album was fade to black
Fade to black was on the ride the lightning album. I'm guessing you mean the black album.

I have to say Metallica is my favourite band by far, my name sort of gives it away. My other favourites are slipknot, bullet for my valentine, arch enemy, mushroomhead, lamb of god, as I lay dying and a lot of others. I love all variants of metal.

-Ricky

RRilef

Dangerfield Newby
Jan 5, 2009
I enjoy most rock, and my favorite bands (can't choose just one )are probably:
Lodger
The Lodger
Wolfmother
The Offspring
Pearl Jam

rowan-thats-me

Jul 23, 2008
JC the Ghost said:
Decemberists are amazing but there new cd kind of sucks, Indie Rockers unite!
I hope by new CD you dont mean the hazards of love, cos i got that a few weeks ago and it was amazing, their were influences of alot of bands in there, seth lakeman, pink floyd, i think i even picked up on a bit of sabbath

nvm, back to the topic, favorite band, hmm, zeplin, no maiden, no zeplin, no maiden, maybe skindred

I duno, genre though? metal(and most its sub-genres exept the -core genres maybe mathcore), rock, indie(some) classical, folk, jazz blues, and some pop, somtimes.

-bladerunner-

Dec 22, 2008
Geek@Heart said:
Overall absolutely love pop. (But not the cheesy manufactured rubbish of the 90's).

Fave band? McFly. Also love Son of Dork, The Script, The Jonas Brothers, The Saturdays and Scouting for Girls. Oh, love a bit of 80' music as well, Blondie, The Eurhythmics and Bonnie Tyler.
Yeah! Go the script! They rock, favourite band at the moment. However weirdly out of sync with my other tastes such as pendulum(awesome) and prodigy. So Drum n Bass for me.

oktalist

Feb 16, 2009
My favourite music genre is metal. My favourite band is Sigur Ros, but they are not metal. They are post-rock indie ethereal classical opera sweetness.

.Ricks.

Sep 10, 2008
Favourite Genre would be Rock without a doubt.

Favourite Band well, also without a doubt, Muse. Mathew Bellamy is simply a genious.

Coming behind them and pretty close are Arctic Monkeys, Metalica, Slipknot and The Offspring.

Cesasse

Apr 18, 2009
shophius said:
I dislike genres. I reckon people should be able to explore music that they like, instead of music that fits their favourite genre.

I have two favourite bands though, Death Cab For Cutie and Bright Eyes.
If you walk away, I'll walk away...

More important, however, is that you need to realise that their favourite genre is their favourite genre for a reason. Therefore exploring it further is a good idea. Eventually people find other music, because you're never going to get exactly what you ask for. Its that process of finding music that sounds similar that you continue to evolve in your tastes - a process not unlike Wikipedia Disorder, where one ends up somewhere completely different through idly clicking links of interest in Wikipedia.
If you'd like to prove your point, though, you can bring me (to my door) a person who sticks to one precise scripted genre and subgenre.

Anachronism

Apr 9, 2009
Favourite band at the moment has got to be R.E.M.

Predictably enough, my favourite genre is alternative rock.

Mockingjay

Mar 3, 2009
Cesasse said:
shophius said:
I dislike genres. I reckon people should be able to explore music that they like, instead of music that fits their favourite genre.

I have two favourite bands though, Death Cab For Cutie and Bright Eyes.
If you walk away, I'll walk away...

More important, however, is that you need to realise that their favourite genre is their favourite genre for a reason. Therefore exploring it further is a good idea. Eventually people find other music, because you're never going to get exactly what you ask for. Its that process of finding music that sounds similar that you continue to evolve in your tastes - a process not unlike Wikipedia Disorder, where one ends up somewhere completely different through idly clicking links of interest in Wikipedia.
If you'd like to prove your point, though, you can bring me (to my door) a person who sticks to one precise scripted genre and subgenre.
See this makes perfect sense, I was referng to the people who say 'right Metal/indie etc. is my favourite genre, and I will not listen to anything but'. There are quite a few people out there but ah well. You're right.

Walk Away is a sweet song =]

high_castle

Apr 15, 2009
I listen mostly to indie, classic rock, and alternative, but will basically give anything a go provided it's not hard-core rap or country (unless I'm getting paid to review it).

At the moment, my faves are What Made Milwaukee Famous and Cold War Kids from the indie genre. They both have very different and distinct styles. But Bob Dylan will always be the greatest singer/songwriter to walk the earth.

Mockingjay

Mar 3, 2009
Christemo said:
Geek@Heart said:
Overall absolutely love pop. (But not the cheesy manufactured rubbish of the 90's).

Fave band? McFly. Also love Son of Dork, The Script, The Jonas Brothers, The Saturdays and Scouting for Girls. Oh, love a bit of 80' music as well, Blondie, The Eurhythmics and Bonnie Tyler.
the second u said Jonas Brothers, i had suicide thoughts. who actually likes that cheap, talentless shit.

That's not entirely fair, they're just not to your tastes. They're probably marketed at an audience far younger than yourself. Personally I'm indifferent. You're entitled to your own opinion but people do like that 'cheap, talentless shit' so stop trying to cause drama.

Mockingjay

Mar 3, 2009
Bourne said:
I have too many "favorite bands" however Disturbed still ranks as number one. As for genre, I have no favorite as I literally listen to everything. Currently I have the theme from Xenosaga III "I believe in You" listening, and have played Rihanna's Disturbia, SOS, Shut up and Drive and Don't Stop the Music" to an endless degree little less then a week ago.

Switch that to Nickelback, Nightwish, Evanescence, Avril, various video game themes, Il Divo and even Britney's Womanizer. Yeah, my music taste is warped.
#

Not warped, just varied. The way it should be. gold star and paper hat =]

Mockingjay

Mar 3, 2009
Lisser said:
The Fratellis have some really fun and unique songs, but I love pretty much any type of music that is very upbeat and energetic. (Junior Senior - Move Your Feet, anyone?)
Don't stop, don't stop the beat (8) =D

Haven't heard that song in years =D you have officially reminded me. Have a gold star

iJosh

Nov 21, 2007
As of right now I'm in love with Scary Kids Scaring Kids' album called Scary Kids Scaring kids.

But I also like CCR, All that remains, Anberlin and Family Force 5. <3

Music in general, Minus country music.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Alternative, because it covers pretty much anything.

I listen to everything; J-rock, J-pop, Metal, heavy metal, trance, dance, pop, rock, indie, opera, reggea, rap, classical, country, etc etc.

Monocle Man

Apr 14, 2009
My favourite band would be Alestorm, can't go wrong with Pirate Metal (actually pirate themed Power Folk Metal, but that doesn't sound as nice)

Another of my favourite bands would be Deathstars, which is Gothic Industrial, but you're not supposed to take them seriously.

My favourite genres would be the kinds of Folk Metal or Doom Metal, but even in those my tastes vary greatly.