Your favorite band! What genre of music is your favorite?

O maestre

Nov 19, 2008
shophius said:
I dislike genres. I reckon people should be able to explore music that they like, instead of music that fits their favourite genre.
true, and i agree however i presume we all have favorites, my favorite genre lies in the extreme metal category but i often listen to jazz or lounge music or classical music. the only limitations i have regarding listening to music is whether the artists are efficient and capable with their instruments, and display good techniques, in other words i want to be able to hear that they have used an enormous amount of thought or are incredibly good at utilizing their instruments.

chaser[phoenix]

Oct 17, 2008
My favorite band (for years now) is Iron Maiden, a metal band or whatever.
I don't like to prefer a single genre though, and recently became a relatively large fan of music I never would have liked before of all different genres.
Favorite bands now (that include Maiden) are Bayside, Vanna and Alesana.

Fairee

Mar 25, 2009
Christemo said:
Geek@Heart said:
Overall absolutely love pop. (But not the cheesy manufactured rubbish of the 90's).

Fave band? McFly. Also love Son of Dork, The Script, The Jonas Brothers, The Saturdays and Scouting for Girls. Oh, love a bit of 80' music as well, Blondie, The Eurhythmics and Bonnie Tyler.
the second u said Jonas Brothers, i had suicide thoughts. who actually likes that cheap, talentless shit.
I like them. Everyone's intitled to their opinions, and I don't go around insulting other people's so don't do it to me.

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
Genre, Techno is way up on the list. And every variant and sub-genre like Dark Wave, electronica, etc.

And I listen to pretty much EVERYTHING except country and gospel.

Mockingjay

Mar 3, 2009
'
O maestre said:
shophius said:
I dislike genres. I reckon people should be able to explore music that they like, instead of music that fits their favourite genre.
true, and i agree however i presume we all have favorites, my favorite genre lies in the extreme metal category but i often listen to jazz or lounge music or classical music. the only limitations i have regarding listening to music is whether the artists are efficient and capable with their instruments, and display good techniques, in other words i want to be able to hear that they have used an enormous amount of thought or are incredibly good at utilizing their instruments.
This is fair enough too. I just believe people shoudn't really limit themselves and you clearly listen to a range.

Personally I like a good balence between instruments and vocals. It sounds terrible if they both drown the other out.

Yeah to succeed in 'extreme' metal you'd need a certain skill with your instruments.