Your favorite band! What genre of music is your favorite?

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
I tend to like a LOT of different types of music from very specific artists. I tend to favor punk rock for example, but the vast majority of the music out there in the genre is terrible (on purpose, which I guess is kind of commendable). I have even found some Rap music that I enjoy (Flobots, Sage Francis), and the occasional country song has found it's way into my collection.

My Favorite band of all time however is, without question, Flogging Molly. Dropkick Murphys is certainly up there though.

Twin Of Aphex

Nov 7, 2008
"The Devil Wears Prada", Yes iam aware it is a movie/book aswell
I suppose they would come under "Metalcore"
At first i hated them but there music grown on me and over time they have become my favourite band.

Azaradel

Jan 7, 2009
Cradle of Filth

Metal - especially in combination with any and every game where you murder people.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Pretty much anything, though Indie is my favourite. The best place for Indie is Northern UK. Nothing else compares :)

CuddlyCombine

Sep 12, 2007
Dream Theater
Our Lady Peace
The Who
Dream Quest
Guess Who
Genesis
Protest the Hero
Rush
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Nine Inch Nails
Muse
Led Zeppelin
Coheed and Cambria
Lamb of God
Weezer
Ozric Tentacles
Three Doors Down
Bloc Party
Offspring
Queen
The Vines
Blue Oyster Cult
Tegan & Sara
Ash
Theory of a Deadman
Slipknot
Camel
Pink Floyd
Kings of Leon
Kansas
Archive
Thriving Ivory
Wintersleep
Three Days Grace
Styx
Train
Pearl Jam
Five for Fighting
Dishwalla
My Chemical Romance (old days)
Green Day (old days)
Buffalo Springfield
Neil Young
Creedance Clearwater Revival
Cream
Eric Clapton
Derek and the Dominoes
Dire Straits
Eagles
Electric Light Orchestra
Fleetwood Mac
Jimi Hendrix
Rise Against
Janis Joplin
Meat Loaf
Tool
Bob Dylan
Sick Puppies
Semisonic
Steppenwolf
AFI
The Used
Nightwish
Foo Fighters
Supertramp
Bedouin Soundclash
Glen Hansard
Queens of the Stone Age
Nazareth
Third Eye Blind
Soundgarden
Trapt
Alice Cooper
Evanescence
Alexisonfire
Lifehouse
Apocalyptica
Judas Priest
Ten Years After
Avenged Sevenfold
Beatles
Doors
RHCP
Joe Cocker
Blind Guardian
Priestess
Maximum Sixty
System of a Down
The Darkness
Blink 182
Jefferson Airplane/Jefferson Starship/Starship
Crosby Stills Nash and Young
Santana
Country Joe and the Fish
Black Sabbath, Ozzy
The Knack
Clash
Sex Pistols
Guns N' Roses
Iron Butterfly
Iron Maiden
Johnny Cash
Moody Blues
Blur
Metallica
Richie Havens
Amon Amarth
Audioslave
Opeth
Beck
Steely Dan
Allman Brothers Band
Smak
Jesse Cook
Minor Threat
Procol Harum
Bela Fleck and the Flecktones
Ben Folds Five
The Cure
Five Man Electrical Band
The Jam
Simon and Garfunkel
Jaco
Tenacious D
Liquid Tension Experiment
Basshunter
Bruce Springsteen
Arch Enemy

Yes, I listen to all of those bands. Yes, I like all of their music. Please don't hate me.

Clashero

Aug 15, 2008
Oldmanwillow said:
romantic music (period of classical music between 1810 and 1860) of which my favorite composer is Brahms.

I am also a big fan the transistional period between romantic and modern (1870-1910). Mahler is my favorite composer of that era.

While i have been a fan of modern classical music i do like were its going. Its becoming a jazz classical hybrid and it sounds pretty good. a good example of want i mean is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ye6piu1J74&feature=related movement of a bass trombone concerto. i hope modern classical music stays on this tread so i can enjoy playing it again.
Agreed. Romanticism was a great period for music.
However, during that transition period, I'd have to say my favourite composer was Giacomo Puccini (actually, he's my favourite composer from any period).
And that video kicks ass. That's good, because I haven't heard many great things from modern classical music. The shows I've been to have all been rather samey and self-indulgent.

superbleeder12

agamersperspective.com
Oct 13, 2007
my favorite band would have to be We Made God, but that's a really difficult choice to make.

My favorite Genre of music would definitely be Post-Rock, with Shoegaze or Progressive metal in a close second.

Inco

Swarm Agent
Sep 12, 2008
Rise Against, easily.
Favorite genre? that is a bit difficult, but i shall say either punk or alternate.

Snadwich Wizard

Aug 13, 2008
Eclectic Dreck said:
I tend to like a LOT of different types of music from very specific artists. I tend to favor punk rock for example, but the vast majority of the music out there in the genre is terrible (on purpose, which I guess is kind of commendable). I have even found some Rap music that I enjoy (Flobots, Sage Francis), and the occasional country song has found it's way into my collection.

My Favorite band of all time however is, without question, Flogging Molly. Dropkick Murphys is certainly up there though.
I have to agree with this man. Flogging Molly are awesome. One of my favourites. The Dropkicks are good, but only in moderation. I cant listen to them all the time.
Also, Porcupine Tree are amazing. Anyone who hasnt heard their music should go and do so now!!

The Hitman

May 7, 2009
I like most genres of music, except anything really full on (like any band with the words death, kill, skull, or anything totally morbid).