Your favorite band! What genre of music is your favorite?

BlindTom

Aug 8, 2008
The Ska (especially all Kalnoky's stuff) guys in here have truly exquisite taste.

Go and listen to Bandits Of THe Acoustic Revolution now people. I order you.

snake_charm

Mar 14, 2009
No idea what my favorite band is.
Favorite genres are industrial, electronica, experimental, melodic death metal, progressive metal, viking/pagan metal (whatever you wanna call it), alternative rock, progressive rock, rock, instrumental, and indie

Lady K

Apr 16, 2009
I'm for a mix of modern and alternative rock. Stuff like Pearl Jam, Incubus, Silversun Pickups, Yellowcard, Beck, and the like.

nisman

Apr 16, 2009
too many favorite bands, but for a start:
queen
led zepplin
black sabbath
deep purple
pink floyd
iron maiden
etc... the list goes on

LoopyDood

Dec 13, 2008
Anyone ever heard of Mark A. "Fanatic" Pullen? He's an artists that makes tons of great Death Metal/Industrial CDs and releases them for free over the internet. check out his website at http://fanaticalproductions.net/. His songs are also used in some games, my favourite being the free FPS Cube 2: Sauerbraten!

As I was playing the first Cube, I kept wondering where the awesome Death Metal soundtrack came from... It's how I found out about Fanatic.

Strafe Mcgee

Jan 25, 2008
Atomsforpeace said:
JUSTICE ? anyone?
Do the D. A. N. C. E,
1, 2, 3, 4, 5!
Stick to the B. E. A. T,
Get ready to ignite!

Hell yeah, I love me some Justice. I'm also a huge fan of Arcade Fire, Doves, SOAD, The Living End and Sublime.

Azzaevil

Jun 26, 2008
Rock, Metal, Industrial, some Drum 'n' Bass & some Techno
Band would be Nine Inch Nails

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
My favorite band varies on what I want to listen to. Mostly the ones I listen to are Beastie Boys, Tool, Bang Camaro, Dream Theater, Andrew W.K., Reel Big Fish, The Expendables, Turisas, Electric Light Orchestra, Anthrax, and Muse. And that's not even close to naming off all the bands I have on my iPod and listen to.

My favorite genre is also variable. Mostly just prog metal, melodic death metal, and folk metal.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
It really does depend on my mood for my types of music.

Of course, I'm going to go with Bad Religion for my favorite band.

DragonChi

Nov 1, 2008
AvauntVanguard said:
Genre, Techno is way up on the list. And every variant and sub-genre like Dark Wave, electronica, etc.

And I listen to pretty much EVERYTHING except country and gospel.
zen5887 said:
Right now, at this very moment, I am into Trance and Funk.
Woot! I'm not alone. Electronica FTW!!

ghosthopkinson

Apr 14, 2009
Bands: Omar Rodriguez lopez, Tokyo Police Club, Bloc Party, San Salvador
Genre: gotta be indie rock, also a bit of reggae and screamo and progressive rock

timmytom1

Feb 26, 2009
Mushroom123 said:
I have four top equal artists, System of a Down, Serj Tankian, Rage Against the Machine and Buckethead.
Fave genre is obvious, METAL!!!
You sir, are awesome

Vincent V

Nov 12, 2008
Zeeky_Santos said:
Mushroom123 said:
Zeeky_Santos said:
i think i speak for every one when i call out this generic metallica shout out. well here i go, METALLICA RULES!!!
METALLICA ARE AVERAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oh yeah, well, what kind of music do you listen to? huh, you wanna go there do you? insult metallica huh?
Mushroom123 said:
I have four top equal artists, System of a Down, Serj Tankian, Rage Against the Machine and Buckethead.
Fave genre is obvious, METAL!!!
I'm a huge Metalhead, but i still maintain the average, middle of the road-ness of Metallica!!