Your Favorite Brain Teaser

erto101

Aug 18, 2009
Scabadus said:
RanD00M said:
OT:Three women are eating ice cream.One is licking her ice cream.One is sucking her ice cream.And the third one is biting her ice cream.How can you tell which one is married?
Look at her fingers for a ring. Then go wash your dirty, dirty mind.

erto101 said:
Georgie_Leech said:
erto101 said:
Alot like the mastermind with the hats in a mini edition.

four guys are convicted to lifetime prison for stealing candy from the Queen of England (yea i know, but i didn't make it up :p)
The four guys are all given a hat of either white or black(two blacks, two white) they don't know the color of their own hat. if one of them can guess the color of their own hat all of them will go free.

i'll make i little drawing here with numbers xD

1 2 3 4

guy 1 can see 2 and 3
guy 2 can see 3
guy 3 and 4 can see no one :p

they can't talk or communicate in anyway.
who guesses it ?

the answer isn't something dumb.
Guy one sees two hats of the same colour, so knows his own must be different? That seems way to easy, though. Is there some trick?
and if they're not the same ? (it's half the answer you've got)
If the hats on person 2 and 3 are NOT the same colour, then person 1 won't answer (because they can't tell what colour they're wearing.) Therefor person 2 must know that their hat is a different colour to person 3.
yeah correct =)

MintyNinja

Sep 17, 2009
1. This old one runs forever, but never moves at all.
He has not lungs or throat, but still a mighty roaring call.

2. No sooner spoken than broken.

A Raging Emo

Apr 14, 2009
MintyNinja said:

1: God?

2: I have nothing, sorry.

Scabadus

Wrote Some Words
Jul 16, 2009
MintyNinja said:

1. A River?

2. Silence (as in; speaking the word 'Silence' will break silence)

MintyNinja

Sep 17, 2009
Pulse Reality said:
MintyNinja said:

1: God?

2: I have nothing, sorry.
No, but thanks for trying.
Scabadus said:
MintyNinja said:

1. A River?

2. Silence (as in; speaking the word 'Silence' will break silence)
1. Your close, just follow that path of thought
2. Yes. Pat yourself on the back, I already ate the cookie.

Scabadus

Wrote Some Words
Jul 16, 2009
I've been answering a few of these, but I havn't posed one yet. So here goes: what would happen if an unstoppable force collided with an unmovable object?

I'll give you a hint, it isn't "the universe ends!"

Gladion

Jan 19, 2009
MintyNinja said:
A waterfall!

Scabadus said:
I've been answering a few of these, but I havn't posed one yet. So here goes: what would happen if an unstoppable force collided with an unmovable object?

Hard to tell and very theoretical, since both of those things couldn't possibly exist with our current laws of physics. I don't know if this can be answered correctly but I'd say either the unstoppable force would completely move backwards or just run through the immovable object. Maybe the two just implode, creating anti-matter, thus ending- I didn't say anything.

I'm sorry I didn't read all the six pages, so if this already came up, ignore it:
A man is going to a restaurant with his friend, they do this every year on the same day for ten years now, but this time they went to another restaurant. The two men chat happily as they order turtle meat. They get their dishes served and the man eats some of the meat, he then pulls out a gun and shoots his friend immediately right in the face. Why?

chiggerwood

Lurker Extrordinaire
May 10, 2009
Wakikifudge said:
Here's a good one:
You have been captured by some organization. They give you a choice of three ways to die. A room filled with poison gas, a room filled with lions that haven't eaten in a year, or a room full of expert assassins.
Which room do you choose and why?
The lions that haven't eaten a year. Because they're dead from starvation

Scabadus

Wrote Some Words
Jul 16, 2009
Gladion said:
Scabadus said:

Hard to tell and very theoretical, since both of those things couldn't possibly exist with our current laws of physics. I don't know if this can be answered correctly but I'd say either the unstoppable force would completely move backwards or just run through the immovable object. Maybe the two just implode, creating anti-matter, thus ending- I didn't say anything.
Close enough that I'll give it to you: it's actually a trick question. If I described a Firetruck as "Red" I would only be describing the fire truck. However, by describing an object as "Unmoveable" I am simultaniously describing every other force and object in that reality/universe/whatever you call it. I am saying that nothing else can move it. Therefore both an Immovable Object and an Unstoppable Force cannot exist in the same reality and it is a trick question.

MintyNinja

Sep 17, 2009
Gladion said:
MintyNinja said:
A waterfall!
Yes, pat yourself on the back. As previously explained, the cookies have disappeared.

SeaCalMaster

Jun 2, 2008
Georgie_Leech said:
SeaCalMaster said:
Georgie_Leech said:
SeaCalMaster said:
Here's one that's easier than the other one I have going. A woman leaves home one morning and quickly turns right. She jogs for a while, then decides to turn left. After another short distance, she turns left again and picks up speed. After turning left a third time, she heads back home, where she sees two people wearing masks. She is not alarmed in any way. Why not?
Because they are the catcher and the Umpire.
Nicely done, good sir.

Here's another one: All men have one. Some men have longer ones than others. A man usually gives it to his wife after they get married, and the Pope doesn't use his. What is it?
Since I'm assuming it isn't the... ahem, obvious, answer, I'm going to say... hm...

A Last Name.
Very good. What's the obvious answer, though? ;)

Bellvedere

Jul 31, 2008
Finnboghi said:
Here's one for you computer scientists and logicians; (This is an actual interview question from Google)

You have 1000 bottles of wine, and one of them is poisoned, but you don't know which one.

At your disposal are 10 prisoners who are slated to die today, which you can use to figure out which bottle is poisoned.

The poison is relatively fast-acting, meaning it will kill the prisoner after a little while, but one could take a drink from all 1000 bottles before the poison would take effect.

How do you figure out which bottle is poisoned?

There are two possible answers to this riddle, one is a lot better than the other.
Can you just give a drink to of one bottle to one prisoner and if he doesn't die you know that one is safe?

bew11

Nov 11, 2009
What runs, but never walks, has a mouth, but never talks, and has a bank with no money in it?

bew11

Nov 11, 2009
Scabadus said:

They destroy each other.

KrakFoxx

Oct 29, 2009
Wakikifudge said:
skystryke said:
If I understand your question and the village he is from determines his answer, i.e. if he is from the village of truth he is always honest and vice versa, then you just ask him whch path leads to his village and follow that one. I'll edit once I find mine.
Correct! I'm sorry, I have nothing for you.
But if he's from the lieing village then - wait, just got it... if he's from the village of lies he always lies...yes?

KrakFoxx

Oct 29, 2009
Altheus_Necron said:
lilmisspotatoes said:
skystryke said:
lilmisspotatoes said:
Time for his sons to get a job? I have no clue XD

I kind of fail at these, but I have one:

A woman is reading in her house by the sea. She gets tired, turns off all the lights, and goes to bed. The next morning, she opens the paper to read "2000 killed in boat crash." She then immediately jumps out the window and kills herself. Why?
I assume that she lives in the Lighthouse and they were killed because she turned off the light?
Bing bing bing!! Way to go!

Here's a tougher one:

A girl's mother dies, and at the funeral, she meets a nice young man. A week goes by... then the girl stabs her sister to death. Why?

Before you freak out, this is a question I was posed when I was in high school. One answer means you have some dangerous tendencies.
The nice young man was presumably a family friend. By stabbing her sister to death, she creates another funeral, meaning that she can see the nice young man again.

I swear I have no dangerous tendencies.

EDIT: Damnit, ninja'd as I typed the answer :(
That ones not very good... surely she could just call some people to find out his number or something...whatever.

magicman4443

Mar 25, 2010
bew11 said:
What runs, but never walks, has a mouth, but never talks, and has a bank with no money in it?
I would assume it's a river?

As for my personal favorite, I don't know if it's been said yet, but: A man is lying dead in the middle of a cornfield with a pack on his back. Why?