Your favorite game of 2011 that Yahtzee didn't review?

nklshaz

Nov 27, 2010
Hello Escapists. As the title explains, what's your favorite game released in 2011 that Yahtzee didn't review? My picks go to Dark Souls, and Rayman Origins. I know he recently did review Rayman Origins, but he didn't do it in 2011, and judging from his reaction to it, I'd say it would have had a shot at being in his Top 5 if he had.

So, what are your picks?

LookingGlass

Jul 6, 2011
Shogun 2 and Dark Souls are the obvious ones for me.

I also really enjoyed Sonic Generations, Skydrift (indie Mario-Kart-In-Planes awesomeness) and Gemini Rue (best point-and-click adventure game ever?).

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Second Sonic Generations, though mostly because I didn't play that many games that came out in 2011.

Swifty714

Jun 1, 2011
I agree with looking glass. Shogun 2, however I think Yahtzee doesn't bother with RTS's, for that he's only ever really reviewed one RTS, which was Halo Wars. (Brutal Legend doesn't count)

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
Dawn of War II: Retribution.

Although the campaign was the same progression and missions for all races, the actual reasons and dialogue were all different and interesting and DoW II is one of the very few stories of the 40K universe that is actually moving forward.

Also, the last stand continues to be a great amount of fun and finally there is a character that can go toe-to-toe with Boreale in the department of hilarious lolawesome voice acting.

"Ahhhh...a WARRP SPIDUUUUUHHH!"

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
Shogun 2, Sonic Generations, or The Old Republic. I'm actually kind of glad TOR isn't on Steam, just so it doesn't log how many hours I've been on that game since it launched.

Skin

Dec 28, 2011
Most definitely Dark Souls. Though judging from his reaction from Demon('s) Souls, he wouldn't of liked.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Dark Souls and Sonic Generations.
Both certainly in my top 10 for the year.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Not sure, either "Dawn of War II: Retribution" or "Space Marine". The former had the better campaign and some actual story progression, but the latter was much better in terms of multiplayer fun.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Apart from some XBox Live Arcade games that migrated to Steam, (Costume Quest and Orcs Must Die!) it has to be Space Marine.

Blood Brain Barrier said:
None of the games that Yahtzee reviewed in 2011 would have even in been my top 10. Except maybe From Dust.
I'm curious, what would your top ten for 2011 be?

Varanfan9

Mar 12, 2010
Dawn of War II Retribution and Warhammer Space Marine. I knew he wasn't going to review the former but I was really hoping he would review the latter. Even if it was a negative review it would be cool to watch. Also throw in Warhammer Kill Team too.