Your Favorite Game That You Never Played

Connor Voskamp

Mar 26, 2011
for me it's Mobile Suit Gundam Online, for those of you who don't know it's 50 vs 50 Star Wars Battlefront with gundams. Damn IP blocks

Guitarmasterx7

Day Pig
Mar 16, 2009
The Prince of Persia ps2 trilogy and the hitman games. Based on the little bit i've seen/played of them they look extremely well designed and innovative for their time. I even own them on steam, but you know how it is with steam sales. I end up spending like, 50 dollars and then I have 10 games I don't get to play for every one I have time for.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Probably Final Fantasy VII. I've absorbed the whole game at this point through forum lurking, random YouTube clips, TvTropes and Kingdom Hearts. I have yet to actually play it.

Captain_Dreadmor

Nov 7, 2012
Justyn Stahll said:
Persona 4 : I watched Nakateleeli's Let's play of it and fell in love with it...
even though I can never ever play those kind of games because I would go crazy from all the management and Social linking...and Igor he freaks me out
i just beat that game yesterday it doesn't actually require too much management but come to think of it i think dwarf fortress doesn't have too much of that managing stuff so i might not be the right one to ask

Omega07

Sep 1, 2010
well... this`ll probably seem very... weird but mine is... Thief... the first 2 games...

the weird part: I own it, and it`s somewhere in my room... the thing is, i`ve never installed it, due to the fact that my brain has an odd way of reminding me about stuff... i remember that i have the game only when i`m nowhere near my pc, or even my house for that matter...

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
I guess Bastion would be mine.

I adore the soundtrack, I listen to it fairly often. The narration is phenomenal, combat looks enjoyable, the world is interesting. And yet I can't bring myself to pay for the game because I know I'll never enjoy that game for more than an hour or so.

TecnoMonkey

Jul 2, 2012
Despite being a HUGE Playstation fan I'll probably never buy a Vita, mostly because of the lack of games.

But if I do eventually get myself to buy one it would probably be for Gravity Rush. I've seen a LP of it and the only thing that it seemingly falters is the combat, everything else is in my opinion fantastic, from the visuals, to the music to the story and most importatny the main character, Kat, she is just AWESOME, and that is mosly because of her personality, not her poweres and how badass they can make her.

Sir Shockwave

Jul 4, 2011
Lunar Templar said:
Sir Shockwave said:
In three words? METAL. WOLF. CHAOS.

Look at this. If So Absurd it's Hilarious (which is different from So Bad it's Good) had a TV Tropes page, it would be wearing this X3
o.0

I'm gonna go with the above for my answer. cause i wanna play that now
And so you should.

Micheal Wilson 2016 X3

WoW Killer

Mar 3, 2012
Bastion. Fantastic soundtrack, great aesthetics all around. Everything I've seen about the game tells me I'll love it. I just never got round to it.

MidnightSt

Sep 9, 2011
Shadow of the Collossus, although I technically have played it, in emulator, except it runs at like 8 FPS, so my patience ran out about 50 meters from the temple where you begin.

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
too many to count, including

Obscure 1 and 2
Siren
Fatal Frame 1 and 2
Metro (number here)
Amnesia the dark descent... wait, probably this is it.

thejackyl

Apr 16, 2008
System Shock 1 or 2

1: Because I have played it back when I was 10 or so and didn't understand ANY of it. I ended up playing it with everything set to 0 except for enemy difficulty. (You could set the story and puzzles down as well.)

2: I tried playing it but I have 2 computers. One that's too old (and no longer had a hard drive, and no SATA port for any new ones. It uses the kind that needs the ink ribbon looking cord.) And one that's too new. I tried all the patches and such and still can't get the game to start. Ended up watching a Let's Play, and now I want to play it even more.

Ragsnstitches

Dec 2, 2009
redmoretrout said:
The System Shock series, they look amazing but I have never been able to get them to run on a modern PC
thejackyl said:
System Shock 1 or 2

1: Because I have played it back when I was 10 or so and didn't understand ANY of it. I ended up playing it with everything set to 0 except for enemy difficulty. (You could set the story and puzzles down as well.)

2: I tried playing it but I have 2 computers. One that's too old (and no longer had a hard drive, and no SATA port for any new ones. It uses the kind that needs the ink ribbon looking cord.) And one that's too new. I tried all the patches and such and still can't get the game to start. Ended up watching a Let's Play, and now I want to play it even more.
Well that travesty must be remedied.

http://www.systemshock.org/index.php?topic=106.0

This forum should help you get SS2 up and running on modern rigs, with aesthetic/balance mods added to give you the best possible experience.

And, if that wasn't enough:

http://www.systemshock.org/index.php?topic=211.0

This is the full game of System Shock 1 (CD version), with a click and play DOS emulator executable for ease of access. There is a step by step guide to help you get it running too, but it shouldn't be as difficult as SS2 is. SS1 is freeware at this point so there is no reason not to try it. It's quite dated both mechanically, narratively and aesthetically, but it can still be tense and enjoyable.

Follow the instructions on these forums and you should get them running with no issues and at a better quality then their vanilla releases.

Hope it works.

OP: The Resident Evil games that were gamecube/wii exclusives (Zero and the classic remake). I got to play the remake a while ago, but never got to play zero.

Kingdom Hearts. Why the fuck does Square insist on releasing titles in this series on multiple platforms to absolutely fuck up the continuity for single platform owners? I got 1 and 2... but there was so much not explained in 2 that I gave up on it only realising months later they had some garbage GBA title that continued the story after 1. What the flying fuck square? Not only that but there are PSP titles and DS titles that add more to the story but aren't multiplatform either, meaning more of the story is broken up and scattered over various gaming platforms.

Square makes some god damn retarded decisions.