Your favorite "guilty pleasure" game

setvak

Sep 6, 2009
I always heard negative things about it, but I loved Rise to Honor (PS2) when I had it a few years ago. The story's short and linear but I have no idea how many times I played through it. Needless to say it was a lot.

Thingo

Aug 14, 2008
NeutralDrow said:

Mine...Is... It's... Yume miru kusuri. It's an eroge... I first learned of it when i read neutral drow's review. I got the game, and found myself liking it.

I think it's quite obvious why it's embarrasing. Eroge (or dating games in general) arent really accepted around here. Or in most of the western world.

Damn you, neutral drow and your awesome reviews!

But other than that i play generally accepted games.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
See, all these people say that they're embarrassed about playing games like Animal Crossing and the Sims, but it shouldn't matter. I love both of those games and they're just plain fun. You shouldn't be embarrassed about liking a game.

Scully

Aug 8, 2009
Loads of em, Pokemon, Digimon , Kingdom Hearts and even Darksiders, the first 3 because theyre way too immature for me, I love em anyway, and Darksiders because right from the start I knew it was just a mish-mash clone of several decent games, but enjoyed it immensly anyways

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Thingo said:
NeutralDrow said:

Mine...Is... It's... Yume miru kusuri. It's an eroge... I first learned of it when i read neutral drow's review. I got the game, and found myself liking it.

I think it's quite obvious why it's embarrasing. Eroge (or dating games in general) arent really accepted around here. Or in most of the western world.

Damn you, neutral drow and your awesome reviews!
I will be gratefully damned. It means the review has succeeded!

I'd probably list that as one of mine, but it's still one of my top two games overall (along with Tsukihime), so I eventually stopped feeling guilty about it. Even if it does have the second highest amount of sex in it of all the games I've played to completion so far.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
sky14kemea said:
...I know the theme tune off by heart, anyone wanna listen? ^^" Didn't think so.
I want to listen.

OT:I have no guilty pleasure game.

Generator

May 8, 2009
I'm going to go with RPG Maker 3 for the PS2. It has terrible graphics, pretty limited creator tools, and, in all actuality, just ends up making really boring games. But I've still managed to pour hours into that thing, lame as it is.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
I'm usually not embarrassed about what I play. My fun is all that matters, plus I can always explain why I like something.

But to not be a buzzkill, the closest I got would be The Sims. What can I say, the feminine part in me likes cheesy romance stories, especially when I can make them myself.

I mostly like The Sims for building and decorating houses though. When I still played it a lot, I could spend hours upon hours of building houses, vacation resorts, restaurants (especially restaurants), parks, ánything, and I would barely even bother with the character creator.

Fiskmasen

Apr 6, 2008
It's not guilty pleasure in the strictest sense of the phrase (as I enjoy it immensely) but I do get a lot of questioning looks from people when I tell them Boiling Point: Road to Hell [http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/boilingpointroadtohell?q=boiling%20point%20road%20to%20hell] is one of my favorite games.

I think the primary reason for my affection towards the game is Arnold Vasloo's [http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0903677/] extremely good perfomance. Well, he's a mean son a ***** anyway, and he pulls it off good.

Beldaros

Jan 24, 2009
why would you be embarrassed about a game you play?

I'm gonna say the sims. Most people say what? but you're a guy. Yeah so what I like the sims.

Tohru_Readman

Sep 14, 2009
Viva Pinata and the sims series, but I love before of them so I don't think of them as a guilty pleasure.

And WOW too.