Your favorite lesser known band

Wekub

Mar 22, 2011
uro vii said:
MICKnight1 said:
Fleet Foxes. Good old 70's folk music sound for the current "Indie" crowd.
Very almost this, but edging them out for me is Beirut, especially after the release of The Rip Tide
Aye, Beirut's great.

-
I'll post this:

Mar 9, 2010
Psychicflash666 said:
They're not that well known, but I've noticed more attention being paid to their music (which is a good thing, I just know they'll unfortunately lose some fans over it). I've never heard a song sound so happy with such potentially dark lyrics :D
I generally don't like male artists either, but something about them I'm really loving.

Yes, I know, my music taste is this awesome. You'd be hard struck to find anything about me that isn't awesome, mind you.

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
Adavant, probably the smallest band i listen to, only 385 fans on facebook and you cant find their songs anywhere on youtube.
others include, Northern Sword, Apokefale (no these guys are the smallest, only 26 fans) and The Omega Experiment (slightly larger and are supporting Devin Townesend later this year and are the only band that i can think of that sounds like him).

Larger bands i like but nobody seems to of heard of are, Dave McPherson, Alghazanth, InMe, Cynic (large band but very under the radar)etc.

ferryman

Jan 8, 2011
Tin Hat (Trio). don't know how known, or rather, little known they are, but flash gamers might remember their song from the game TriAchnid:

WinkyTheGreat

Sep 6, 2008
They are getting more attention, which is awesome. The more money (and therefore music) they make, the better

Meredith999

Jul 24, 2011
Hazmat Modine, Mikelangelo and the Black Sea Gentlemen and Glorystrokes.

Never met anyone who's heard of them.

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
Andy of Comix Inc said:
ElBastardo said:
Andy of Comix Inc said:
Primus.

Primus sucks.
Second! I thought they were too popular though so I picked LCFFFB
Too popular? Kind of. Their genre is listed as "Primus" in iTunes though, and they're very very alternative. I doubt any member of the public will be able to name one of their songs or what they play, beyond "oh, they're those guys who made that annoying South Park theme."

A lot of bass players are infatuated with Les Claypool though. For obvious reasons.
They did Jerry was a RC Driver and Mud right? A lot of my friends (I'm English) know about them to be fair.

OT: Voltaire

Ixnay1111

Mar 11, 2011
Theres this hard rock/metal band in Sydney that are just starting to get off their feet called Rattlesnake. Theyre like Alter Bridge, Avenged Sevenfold and Steel Panther i guess lol. Like Modern Metal but with an 80's feel aswell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiQWBOqZdzc&feature=related

thats a clip of one of their songs without vocals, but the singer is crazy, you have to see them live to get the full effect. Can't wait till they release their new stuff.

Nov 27, 2010
Vicarious Reality said:
I've never seen anyone post anything about Kronos, my favourite brutal death metal band

Oh man, that was fucking AWESOMEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for exposing me to this kickass band! :D

OT: Where I live, Joy Division is a lesser known band (I'm not kidding), so I guess that's my pick.

Hylke Langhout

Mar 2, 2011
Big D and The Kids Table:

Goldfinger:

The Wombats

Flogging Molly (nobody else I know has heard if them.)

The Hippos

Social Distortion
It has to be said, this video is awesome

The Arrogant Worms

SpireOfFire

Dec 4, 2009
check out my avatar, Lordi.

combine kiss and gwar looks with alice cooper lyrics and Accept sounds.