Your Favorite Movie Soundtrack is...

Locko96

Jan 18, 2010
Well Escapees, I find this fairly self explanatory. What is your favorite soundtrack to a movie?

I have a couple of personal favorites. The Lord of the Rings is definitely one for me. Another would be The Dark Knight's soundtrack. Nothing better than driving down the highway blasting epically bombastic music. Finally, I actually really enjoyed The Social Network's soundtrack.

Wuggy

Jan 14, 2010
I really really liked the Watchmen soundtrack. They fit perfectly to the tone of the movie and they're actually really good songs too!

savageoblivi0n

Aug 7, 2008
Mine is a tie between the Queen of the Damned soundtrack and the Repo: The Genetic Opera cast recording...love them both too much to choose

Locko96

Jan 18, 2010
Wuggy said:
I really really liked the Watchmen soundtrack. They fit perfectly to the tone of the movie and they're actually really good songs too!

I totally forgot that one. I especially enjoyed the song that plays during Dr. Manhattan's flashbacks.

DJDarque

Words
Aug 24, 2009
My favorite movie soundtrack would have to the Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-Long Blog. All the songs are so damn catchy.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
Digimon the movie, some freaking awesome bands on there you'd be surprised

Llil

Jul 24, 2008
I thought the Kick-Ass soundtrack was great (as was the movie, my favourite of the year). Although I've heard a lot of people say they didn't like it. Something about the silly upbeat music ruining Hitgirl's fightscenes. The best part of that soundtrack was Prodigy's Omen, which played during the first two fightscenes.

Flutterguy

Jun 26, 2011
SLC Punk soundtrack. Had alot of good tunes on it, not one bad song and I learned of a few good bands with it.

Mr Thin

Apr 4, 2010
Gladiator.

Mostly due to the magnificence of Lisa Gerrard.

However I think the Bob Dylan intro of Watchmen is the best movie intro ever made, in no small part thanks to that song.

VulakAerr

Mar 31, 2010
The Lord of the Rings. Taken as a whole, I'm going to get slightly controversial and proclaim it the best soundtrack ever committed to film. That said, I'm also a big fan of both Gladiator and PotC: At World's End.

See the following:

The LotR OST is a masterpiece through and through though.

savageoblivi0n

Aug 7, 2008
dear god...i attribute my blasphemous neglect to mention the Rent soundtrack in my prior post to me being awake all night

Archangel768

Nov 9, 2010
I would have to say The Last Samurai is my favourite. It the only movie soundtrack I've ever actually HAD TO purchased.

In this track, 1:10 - 1:55 in particular is arguable the most beautiful music I've ever heard.

This song blows me away in how breathtaking it is.