Uncharted
Journey/Flower
Dragon Age Origins
Bayonetta
Catherine
Portal

Darmy647

Sep 28, 2012
Amnesia and its custom story community. They showed there's still faith to be had in the horror industry. Does slender count here too?

Dark souls. The singleplayer mostly, because I feel it's so well done
I'll pvp when the balance patch comes to ps3.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Torchlight and Borderlands. Those come to mind as I'm an avid RPGer.

The first Bioshock I liked. Didn't much care for 2, letting my uncle test Infinite when that comes out.

Batman: Arkham Asylum, as it's a decent all-around game.

Have to give a shout out to Asura's Wrath; though it has a repetitive gameplay, it has one of the most remarkable stories I have witnessed. Up there with the Grandia 1 and FF6 quality story level.

Brutal Legend for comedy and awesome Metal music! Long live the metal!

Kingdoms of Amalur, god it was a cool game. It could've been something more, given the chance.

Uhhhhh, anything else?

Can't think of anything at the moment. Might edit the post if any spring to mind.

prophecy2514

Nov 7, 2011
Tallim said:
prophecy2514 said:
my favourite Intestinal Parasite? probably hookworms
More of a tapeworm fan myself. Plenty of length to it.
True. but theres just something about hookworms that gives me a raging hard boner that I cant get rid off

...need to get OT

Mass effect, arkham series of batman games, infamous, and assassins creed are my favourite franchises that have been developed this gen. There's probably something I've missed, but can't think of any more, a lot of my favourites were developed in the ps2 era

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
I'm going to take a leap of somewhat educated faith and say Dishonoured. Even though it's not out yet all the dev diaries and gameplay footage make it look awesome. There are dog/crocodile hybrids as guard/attack dogs. Sweet!

Brutal Legend because just driving around the world listening to Metal was epic. I wish they'd concocted some huge 9 minute chase scene for that part where you have to drive away from enemies to Through the Fire and Flames. You can breeze through that in 2 minutes and ruin the song!

The Ace Attorney games are my second favourite games of all time. I think they're this gen, the DS has been around for ages.

Heavy Rain for being hilariously bad, Dragon's Dogma, Mass Effect, UMVC3 for introducing Phoenix Wright as a playable character. Thanks Capcom you legends.

Also LoL for having mostly interesting and fun to play characters. (Whoever created Ezreal is awesome) and for actually supporting their game aside from just mashing new Champions out 24/7. The character reworks are amazing. Hopefully they rework TF's abilities and/or ratios as well as his skins... He's not good enough AP or AD in my opinion.

He only has two abilities for his combo, Q,W (and the W can be mishandled horribly) whereas every other AP will have a whole 4 hit quadruple whammy wombo combo.

Pretty much every AD carry does the AD Carry job better than TF. Just replace the E with an actual ability kthx

bliebblob

Plushy wrangler, die-curious
Sep 9, 2009
Bastion, no competition.

Well maybe journey but I didn't even play it so what do I know?

N3squ1ck

Mar 7, 2012
I like the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series and the Witcher series (I'm mainly PC gamer, so there is no clear border inbetween Generations)

On console: Assassin's Creed (SP?) and Resistance

Also I hope that Mirror's Edge gets to be a franchise too :<

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
The Batman Arkham series, Infamous, Uncharted, Heavy Rain and Assassins Creed.

kyogen

Feb 22, 2011
The Witcher 1 & 2
Demon's Souls/Dark Souls
Nier
Dragon's Dogma
Mirror's Edge
The World Ends With You

...and like many here, I'm guessing that Dishonored will soon be on the list as well.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
Let's see...

PS3:
Uncharted
Assassin's Creed
Bioshock
Vanquished
Batman Arkham series
Infamous
Sonic Unleashed & Generations

Nintendo DS:
Kirby Mass Attack
Megaman ZX series
Sonic Colors
Pokemon HearthGold/SoulSilver

PSP:
Kingdom Hearts: BBS

Nintendo Wii:
Muramasa: The Demon Blade
Xenoblade Chronicles
The Last Story

Geez, I hope I didn't miss anything...

bafrali

Mar 6, 2012
CrimsonBlaze said:
Let's see...

PS3:
Uncharted
Assassin's Creed
Bioshock
Vanquished
Batman Arkham series
Infamous
Sonic Unleashed & Generations

Nintendo DS:
Kirby Mass Attack
Megaman ZX series
Sonic Colors
Pokemon HearthGold/SoulSilver

PSP:
Kingdom Hearts: BBS

Nintendo Wii:
Muramasa: The Demon Blade
Xenoblade Chronicles
The Last Story

Geez, I hope I didn't miss anything...
I guess you missed the title of the topic. NEW IP'S of THIS generation.

OT: There is Bastion and then there is Portal. Lovihg the Dustforce so far. Enjoyed the Bioshock series both original and the sequal. Just Cause is fun. If you count Minecraft there is that.

dfb1999

Oct 7, 2012
Despite the fact that I think both are dead now, Infamous and Uncharted are both wonderful additions to Sony's ever growing range of exclusives. Infamous in particular grabbed my attention and were it not for the ending(s) of the second game, I'd be begging for more. Uncharted was the franchise the PS3 needed to give itself a kick up the arse and it succeeded in ways I don't think anyone knew it could.

Assassin's Creed has been a big part of my life for a few years now, and I love it to bit, despite the growing pains.

LittleBIGPlanet was a great way to get kids onto Sony's machine, and the second game is easily the best platformer in years.

Bethesda's Fallout franchise. It's considerably different from the older Fallout games, so I guess it counts.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
As much as Mass Effect jumped the shark, its characters and universe have been among the most memorable this generation.