Your favorite non-Final Fantasy Squaresoft game?

BLOONINJA 503

Sep 20, 2008
willard3 said:
Mr.Bubbles43 said:
I believe kingdom hearts counts, so I vote that.
CIA said:
I love me some Kingdom Hearts. Its so wonderful how none of it makes the least bit of sense.
*happy* :)
Im a KH fanboy... I tried to sell my copy of 2 and when the gamestop employee said $3.75....

I was so close to clocking him out...

It also helps that Ima softie for disney characters, even if they are marketing tools... I still wuv'em.

o(^_^)!

quack35

Sep 1, 2008
Chrono. Freakin. Trigger.

If you haven't played it, buy it for DS or get a SNES emulator or something. You owe it to yourself.

Terrortree

Mar 12, 2009
Kingdom Hearts would be my choice. But the best of ANY square enix/soft game is Final Fantasy X.

Nostalgia

Mar 8, 2009
Kingdom Hearts series was good, though embarrassing to admit to, but I haven't played much else of Square's work. I got through some of Chrono Trigger, and I remember liking it a lot, but I handed it over to a friend, because it was actually for him in the first place.

FinalGamer

Mar 8, 2009
Live-A-Live. Just an awesome idea, even if it's rather short and I REALLY hate the Edo era chapter, but goddamn the boss fights are so awesome and the battle gameplay is original and works great.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
CantFaketheFunk said:
Chrono Trigger fo' sheezy. I concur with Pedro that Cross was a good game on its own, but such a terrible sequel.
See, I felt Chrono Cross was a genius sequel. It took a tiny loose end (Mother Brain) and spun it into a giant web of a plot (FATE and the Chronopolis experiments), eventually leading back to where the series began (Lavos).

cj_iwakura

Mar 2, 2009
I also enjoyed Chrono Cross, but some of the dire situations it inflicts on characters from CT left a bad taste in my mouth.

It still has an amazing score.

Silvertongue

Jul 2, 2008
I really like the Front Mission games...there, I said it. I especially like the plot and setting of Front Mission 4. It's a really cool futuristic real-world political climate. But that isn't pre-Square Enix, I don't guess...so I gotta say my fave was probably...actually, I really don't know...

FreedanZero

Jul 3, 2008
Altorin said:
Einhander was a little clunky, and I prefer 2d fighters, and didn't care for Final Fantasy VII, so most of its charm was lost to me.

At around the same time Squaresoft had a pretty sweet Gradius type shmup out on the PS1.. I forget the name but it was pretty righteous.
Ummm......hate to break it to you but that "gradius type shmup" was in fact Einhander.

And Einhander was my favorite PS1 game period.

Da_Schwartz

Jul 15, 2008
Chrono trippger or parastive eve..chrono trigger or parasite eve...chrono trigger. Oh wait Kingdom hearts...bah damn my fanboyish ways >.<

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
FreedanZero said:
Altorin said:
Einhander was a little clunky, and I prefer 2d fighters, and didn't care for Final Fantasy VII, so most of its charm was lost to me.

At around the same time Squaresoft had a pretty sweet Gradius type shmup out on the PS1.. I forget the name but it was pretty righteous.
Ummm......hate to break it to you but that "gradius type shmup" was in fact Einhander.

And Einhander was my favorite PS1 game period.
He's thinking of Erghiez, two E titled games of varying genre and quality.

Rocksa

Jul 26, 2008
R.A.D. because giant robots fighting monsters in a destructible city that you have to defend, that never gets old. Plus it's like playing a really bad B-movie that you can't help but love.

Noone From Nowhere

Feb 20, 2009
XenoGears is my favorite non-Final Fantasy Squaresoft game. ChronoTrigger was the first Square-Enix title long before there was a company called Square-Enix. It was a big deal at the time as noone could have foreseen the merger in back in 1995. If I counted CT, then it would still be a tie.