Your favorite starter weapon?

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
mrhappyface said:
AjimboB said:
A tie between the Halo 1 pistol, the Halo ODST pistol, and the Halo Reach Pistol.

Why? Because shooting someone in the face with a pistol, and killing while they unload a clip of AR ammo at you is the best feeling ever.
You should try playing Doom on the hardest difficulty. You can beat the whole game just only using the pistol, even the Cyberdemon!
At the hardest difficulty this would be nearly impossible. Only one enemy type in normal doom drops bullets (standard zombies) and at best you can net 2 rounds per zombie dispatched. The trouble is, on the hardest difficulty level the enemeis respawn. Without excellent knowledge of the level, you could easily run out, especially in episodes 2 and 3.

suhlEap

Apr 14, 2009
pipe wrench from bioshock. it just never gets old clubbing splicers with it. or the drill arm for that matter! same basic principle!

Yumi_and_Erea

Nov 11, 2009
Like many other people in this thread, I follow these ancient teachings.

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
The Painkiller. With no other starting weapon anywhere could you Scorpion chain hook someone into a spinning fanblade, raining gore and bodyparts everywhere.

azncutthroat

May 13, 2009
I really liked Red Faction: Guerrilla's starting sledgehammer and remote mines. My friends and I play Jenga (we take turns hitting a building and you lose if you collapse the building) in that game just using those weapons.

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
The crowbar, of course. Also, your fists in any game that allows you to fight unarmed. Few things are more satisfying than punching a guy in the chin and watching his ragdoll collapse.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
I don't know why, but I think the most awesome starter weapon is the wooden plank with the rusty nail from Silent Hill 2. I mean, talk about atmosphere!

replingham153

May 23, 2009
WELL 4 starters the crowbar, halo 1 pistol, the wrench, the drill, the make people inflate and die weapon from time splitters 3 and pistols in general. oh and fists and sledgehammers and knives in general. but mainly the make people inflate and die gun. fucking kick ass!

Kavachi

Sep 18, 2009
Burning wooden stick from Beyond Good & Evil. It is a wooden stick that is exactly as strong as the real fighting stick later on XD And you can save those small kiddies with it ofcourse :p

Biosophilogical

Jul 8, 2009
Keyblade. You go through the entire game using variatons of it, but always the keyblade. And it lets you cast magic and stuff, so yeah, keyblade gets my vote.

klakkat

May 24, 2008
Blades of Chaos are a serious contender, they're solid enough to be used through 100% of the game (though, you will need some spells).

Though, I'm gonna have to go with the Autocannon from X-Com: UFO Defense. It's a fully automatic weapon that can fire min-grenades or incendiary rounds, and holds 20 shots. I usually have a couple schmucks with these guns right up until I finally switch to Blaster Launchers (most expensive and deadly gun in the game).

Other than that... the Assault Rifle in City of Heroes. The same gun is a machine gun, shot gun, grenade launcher, and flamethrower in one compact package.

Rockman900

Mar 18, 2010
The punch of Minute Man in Freedom Force 1 :). I kept using that one even after getting a whole lot of better weaponry :).

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Renault's Akaviri Katana.

If you just took her Steel Shortsword, you didn't look hard enough.