Your favorite TF2 servers

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
I float around a lot but don't really have any home servers. Have been spending a fair bit of time on FUG's Convoy server (amazing map) and a little time on SLAG Gaming's funbox server but other than that I just randomly pick servers and go for it.

Any suggestions? What are some of your favorites?

Feb 13, 2008
alpha.tf2.escapistmagazine.com:27015 [steam://connect/alpha.tf2.escapistmagazine.com:27015]
uk.tf2.escapistmagazine.com:13013 [steam://connect/uk.tf2.escapistmagazine.com:13013]

;) Mentlegen?

Fanta Grape

Aug 17, 2010
I just go for ones with default settings and official maps. Gamearena serves me well for that purpose in Australia.

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
I usually just stick to UKCS or evil twins.

The_root_of_all_evil said:
alpha.tf2.escapistmagazine.com:27015 [steam://connect/alpha.tf2.escapistmagazine.com:27015]
uk.tf2.escapistmagazine.com:13013 [steam://connect/uk.tf2.escapistmagazine.com:13013]

;) Mentlegen?
Aaaaand now the Escapist ones. :) Didn't know these existsed. (I'm new to TF2)

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
The Escapist server, which root posted above.
The UKCS servers, and the Halolz server.

And some times I play on a VSH server think it's called Intoxicatedgaming or something like that..it's not often xD

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
Escapist servers almost exclusively.

Úberium and Hampshire Heavies as well though.

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
Catchy Slogan said:
Aaaaand now the Escapist ones. :) Didn't know these existsed. (I'm new to TF2)
Hope you enjoyed them. I knew you killed me once or twice :)
They are quite fun. And I haven't played a PC game since I was 12, I'm shocked at how easy I picked up mouse/ keyboard controls again. It's as if I never left. :D

ThriKreen

May 26, 2006
I frequent the Studio Rumble server: studiorumble.nuclearfallout.net:27015 since a lot of my colleagues in the game industry and friends play there (and I have admin powers ;).

Since a lot of game devs play there, we're quite used to working together as a team compared to random public servers, so often you get some intense balanced matches where it comes down to one point at the last second. A large percentage of players make use of the mic as well.

And we have some scheduled events, such as no-crit Tuesdays and all-talk Thursdays. It often starts get busy around 10pm PST, and stays full til 3am PST.

Even better when Robin Walker pops in and uses his Valve hacks. =)

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009

;) Mentlegen?
I've been in the tf2 group here for at least a year but every time I check the server I have on my server browser it's pretty to completely empty. But that's been some time ago, I guess. These servers pretty active? If they are, expect me to spend an incredible amount of time there.

edit

Just played the last round of dustbowl as a red combat engineer. Managed 16 kills, 14 assists and zero deaths. Yea, I'll be sticking around :D

Maeshone

Sep 7, 2009
I stick around the Lokalen servers (tf2.lokalen.nu=. Usually I play on the all maps server, but it's quite often full when I start up, so I just hop on their medieval server and waste some time while the autojoin works it's magic

s0m3th1ng

Aug 29, 2010
Ducksoup gaming. Two servers, RED and BLU. The skill level is quite up there but as long as you aren't a dickhead noobs are always welcome. Tournaments and pick-up Highlander games are pretty frequent.
They also have a sweet Minecraft server.
Oh, server located in Seattle.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
I spend more time on The Roost and Brothers of Chaos servers than any other. I've never been on the Escapist servers, actually. I tend to stick to single map servers since it takes forever for my computer to join a game.

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
headshotcatcher said:
Whichever one doesn't have bots or premium..

So like one or two..
I would argue that I've only ever found bots of actual premium perks in one or two places.

headshotcatcher

Feb 27, 2009
Hiphophippo said:
headshotcatcher said:
Whichever one doesn't have bots or premium..

So like one or two..
I would argue that I've only ever found bots of actual premium perks in one or two places.
Well I always find them, nd it's super annoying because I always think I'm doing well and breezing through the enemies, until I find out it's a server with 3/4ths bots >.<

Bajinga

Jun 11, 2011
I have just been playing on the Escapist servers... You guys are good at this game.