Your Favourite Anime Ending. the end of the story.

Fallere825

Mar 8, 2012
The Topic is simple, What series end of an anime is your favourite, the one that you will remember most, for me the answer is simple.

Code Geass
an amazing Ending,
Really Spoilery from here on.

Lelouch selflessly giving his life to bring Peace to the world, he became the thing that the entire world hated so that when he was killed the world could have peace.

booyaa, first topic i've made and I figured out the spoiler tag.
also, I would add a poll, but Im not entirely sure what the majority of Escapists would go for.

EDIT: For Clarity, Im talking about the last episodes of anime, the end of the story, the Finale.

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
Madoka Magica- One scene in particular always gets to me.
Gurren Lagann- Just for that last fight.
Katanagatari- The only part I really liked in the anime
The Tatami Galaxy- While it was a tough sit at first, the ending was perfect.
The End of Evangelion- If you count the whole movie to be the ending.
Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt- Just for the lulz.
And of course last but not least, School Days.

Fallere825

Mar 8, 2012
[Kira Must Die said:
]Madoka Magica- One scene in particular always gets to me.
Well, haven't seen many of those, I'll look into getting hold of a few, Also, Awesome Display Picture/Avatar/Snazzy moving Picture.

KarmaTheAlligator

Mar 2, 2011
Evangelion - All of the endings, yes, even the one where they ran out of money, because then they approached more philosophical topics rather than mindless action.

Eureka 7 - Loved the whole series, ending is beautiful.

Pretty sure I have more, but those are the only 2 I can think of right now.

Fallere825

Mar 8, 2012
Yeah, I had a look through my Anime folder before I Started the Topic, the only others apart from Code Geass that seems right were Steins; Gate and Shiki.

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
Fallere825 said:
[Kira Must Die said:
Well, haven't seen many of those, I'll look into getting hold of a few, Also, Awesome Display Picture/Avatar/Snazzy moving Picture.
That last one I would suggest if you wanna scream at your desktop in rage throughout the whole show. And the ending, well, I won't spoil that for you. That's the fun part.

But the rest are pretty legit, except for Katanagatari. Like I said, the last episode is the best part in the whole anime, but there seems to be a lot of people who enjoyed the rest.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Fallere825 said:
Code Geass
I quite agree... even if not that many do. Loved that ending...

Side note - came in here to ask what you meant by 'ending' (story-ending, ending animation or ending theme)... but never mind.

OT: For some reason, my mind's drawing a complete blank...

Still, from both a story and visual perspective, I liked the end to Last Exile (the first one, I'm a bit *meh* about the sequel).

... oh, and definitely Haibane Renmei (even though they could've gotten a second series out of it, it ended really well).

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Let see-

Burn Up Excess. Only cos of the fanservice at the end despite they didn't draw it to detail (loved that series).

Ghost in the Shell: SAC (It all work out in the end well most of it.)

Gundam 00 (Sure the final battle was smaller compared to past Gundam show but it was different.)

Eureka 7 (The power of love.)

Valdus

Apr 7, 2011
Ghost in the Shell SAC. It's not a hard choice, I liked the ending of the first SAC series more than I did the rest of the series, and it's rare for me to say that about an anime. Usually it's the other way around - I can't stand most anime endings.

deidara

Nov 23, 2011
Fallere825 said:
The Topic is simple, What series end of an anime is your favourite, the one that you will remember most, for me the answer is simple.

Code Geass
an amazing Ending,

Lelouch selflessly giving his life to bring Peace to the world, he became the thing that the entire world hated so that when he was killed the world could have peace.

also, I would add a poll, but Im not entirely sure what the majority of Escapists would go for.
Fairy Tail's Edolas arc had the Zero Requiem ending too. Well kinda. I suppose I sort of agree with Code Geass. While I think R2 as a whole is trash, it did tie things up in a nice little bow. Though my favorite overall would probably be Clannad.

Fallere825

Mar 8, 2012
SckizoBoy said:
Side note - came in here to ask what you meant by 'ending' (story-ending, ending animation or ending theme)... but never mind.
There shouldn't be any more confusion about what this topic is about from here on, i fixed the Title and the opening post.

Scarim Coral said:
Let see-

Ghost in the Shell: SAC (It all work out in the end well most of it.)
Valdus said:
Ghost in the Shell SAC.
I facepalm becuase I forgot about Ghost in the shell completely, good thinking the both of you. and Valdus, you were ninja'd.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Hm... tough call. I'm gonna go with the ending to "Puella Magi Modoka Magica"... mainly because it's the only one I can think of right now.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
[Kira Must Die said:
]
Fallere825 said:
[Kira Must Die said:
That last one I would suggest if you wanna scream at your desktop in rage throughout the whole show. And the ending, well, I won't spoil that for you. That's the fun part.
Heh.
I remember I basically had to force a friend of mine to watch the episodes because they filled him with rage.
The ending was very satisfactory.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
[Kira Must Die said:
I'm gonna have to agree with you on End of Eva, Gurren Lagann and Madoka. I still need to see Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt and I tried watching Tatami Galaxy but I was too confused and the subtitles of the video I was watching were going way too fast.

ZehMadScientist

Oct 29, 2010
I really liked how Steins;Gate ended, even if it was a little too optimistic.

Also, the conclusion of Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni has left me satisfied for quite some time.

Puella Magi Modoka Magica... Because Puella Magi Modoka Magica.

I'll edit when I remember more of 'em.

sextus the crazy

Oct 15, 2011
Fallere825 said:

Code Geass
an amazing Ending,

EDIT: For Clarity, Im talking about the last episodes of anime, the end of the story, the Finale.
Loved that ending. I thought it brought everything full circle.
[Kira Must Die said:
Same here.

[Kira Must Die said:
]
The last half was balls-out crazy though.
[Kira Must Die said:
]
Of, Course.

OT: Baccano and Ruroni Kenshin: Trust and Betrayal also were good.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Not that it's my favourite ending, it's not even my favourite show, but the ending to Cowboy Bebop was very emotional and gripping.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Fallere825 said:
There shouldn't be any more confusion about what this topic is about from here on, i fixed the Title and the opening post.
*meh* I sometimes post my thought process along with an actual reply. Noticed the thread topic and tried thinking up titles for each possible answer. No confusion... you just limited the scope of my answer is all! :)

Thought of another one... I quite liked Durarara!!'s ending, everything got resolved quite neatly and it wasn't particularly forced.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Gurren Lagann.

Fighting with galaxies the size of frisbees?

Why the fuck not?

And the fanboy in me says Persona 4: The Animation. The ending was good, but now I just have to wait until the "Final" Final episode.

Kekkonen1

Nov 8, 2010
I guess I am one of those that actually LOVED the ending to the Evangelion anime-series.

Other good endings, Kimagure Orange Road was wonderfully sweet. Now and Then, Here and There wonderfully bitter-sweet... Revolutionary Girl Utena also had a really good ending! (not the movie).

Thats all I can think of right now. Endings are usually really hard to do well. Some of the animes I like the most have endings that I dont really care for at all, such as Boogiepop Phantom, Death Note and Argento Soma (note that I love these series, I just think the endings could have been better).