Your Favourite Anime Ending. the end of the story.

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
neonsword13-ops said:
And the fanboy in me says Persona 4: The Animation. The ending was good, but now I just have to wait until the "Final" Final episode.
It was pretty damn sweet with Nevermore and the preceding fight with the Reapers.

Also,nothing personal against the OP but the ending to Geass was the only part I really hate.

OT: A few,Usagi Drop for the nut bladder exploding cuteness(Note I mean the anime not the manga's end)

Princess Tutu for it's bitter sweet end,fitting perfectly with the show's darker tones.

Chrno Crusade: This is still one of those anime I forget I saw but absolutely adored and the ending is defiantly why. It's heartbreaking and beautiful.

Also so while I hated that Baccano! had to end the final part with Issac and Miria is hilarious.

MSfire012

Jul 9, 2011
My personal favorite is the Cowboy Bebop ending, it's tragic, shocking and really impressive. It elevated cowboy bebop from being one of the best animes I had ever watched to the best thing I had ever experienced in my life.

Death Note ending is amazing too; it was so epic and intense. Also a question: Am I the only person in the world that thinks Near and Mello arc is the best part off the series?

I also love the Puella Magi Madoka Magica ending; it's so beautiful and sad at the same time. It's probably one off the only animes I cried a little while watching it.

The End of Evangelion (the movie, not the awful post modern existentialist acid trip the anime had) is also fantastic, and probably the most disturbing anime I've seen

And last but not least Baccano has one of the most brilliant endings ever In my opinion: It doesn?t have one, yes the plots have conclusion, but the entire story doesn't, Baccano's story has no beginning, ending or protagonist, It's just a bunch of characters who's stories get connected to one another. To bad Baccano was a commercial failure in Japan. I wish it had made money so that they could continue to adapt the rest of the Light novels

drthmik

Jul 29, 2011
Grave of the Fireflies
Saikano
the end of these made me cry and are, therefore, the most memorable and powerful endings to me.

Lunatic High

Apr 14, 2012
the first two I can think of would have to be

Steins Gate
Mirai Nikki

There are others but I can't remember them.

Lunatic High

Apr 14, 2012
the first two I can think of would have to be

Steins Gate
Mirai Nikki

There are others but I can't remember them.

WOOPS

Extragorey

Dec 24, 2010
The end of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (first series) was quite memorable.
The whole of Section 9 getting hunted down, and that last stand-off with the Tachikomas.

James Crook

Jul 15, 2011
Best of the 3 said:
Kampfer had a fantastic endings. Easily makes one of my top favourite endings I've ever seeen for just the sheer randomness it presented.
When talking about Kampfer, are you including the episodes from the für die Liebe OVA? Anyway, either of the endings was perfectly in tune with the vibe the show gave off: goofy.

twaddle said:
By the way u know lelouche is alive and season 3 the direct sequel of code geass was just announced. Which means that when CC said "...isn't that right Lelouche" at the end of the series that was him in the back of that wagon.

By the way the ending of Gundam 8th MS team had me bawling my eyes out.
I think that at the end of the episode, you get a close-up of the driver at the front of the cart's face, and his purple eyes are supposed to make the viewer have doubts. However that was cut from some of the releases.
Also season 3 is not a direct sequel. If it's based on the new manga, then it will be some kind of prequel set in an alternate past where C.C. shows up and a guy who kind of looks like Lelouch seems to be pulling some serious strings. And where the Knightmares are frickin' medieval steampunk cyborgs.

Best of the 3

Oct 9, 2010
James Crook said:
Best of the 3 said:
Kampfer had a fantastic endings. Easily makes one of my top favourite endings I've ever seeen for just the sheer randomness it presented.
When talking about Kampfer, are you including the episodes from the für die Liebe OVA? Anyway, either of the endings was perfectly in tune with the vibe the show gave off: goofy.
Probably just the anime's episodes and not the OVA. But it's been a while, I can't remember. The ending with this.

James Crook

Jul 15, 2011
Best of the 3 said:
-Mein Snip-
Yeah, that's the anime's ending. I think out of both the anime and OVA endings I found this one to be more fitting and the other one to give a better opening.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
Aim For The Top! Gunbuster I cried at Gunbusters ending
there will never be a ending as bittersweet as Gunbuster's
even after 12,000 years earth-time people still remembered them

Fallere825

Mar 8, 2012
UncleUlty said:
Also,nothing personal against the OP but the ending to Geass was the only part I really hate.
May I ask why, just to add abit more to the discusion.

James Crook said:

twaddle said:
By the way u know lelouche is alive and season 3 the direct sequel of code geass was just announced. Which means that when CC said "...isn't that right Lelouche" at the end of the series that was him in the back of that wagon.

By the way the ending of Gundam 8th MS team had me bawling my eyes out.
I think that at the end of the episode, you get a close-up of the driver at the front of the cart's face, and his purple eyes are supposed to make the viewer have doubts. However that was cut from some of the releases.
Also season 3 is not a direct sequel. If it's based on the new manga, then it will be some kind of prequel set in an alternate past where C.C. shows up and a guy who kind of looks like Lelouch seems to be pulling some serious strings. And where the Knightmares are frickin' medieval steampunk cyborgs.
that sounds interesting, Im not sure how good it will be though, I feel as though it would be best for them to come up with a new main character all together rather than use the appearnace of the original with most likely just a new name.

Link55

Dec 11, 2011
The end of FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood. I did not like the ending in the original FullMetal Alchemist. But it was one of my most favorite shows.

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
Fallere825 said:
UncleUlty said:
May I ask why, just to add abit more to the discusion.
Oh sure,(note I refer to the Zero Requiem itself and not the cart ride at the very end) To me it was very shortsighted on Lulu's part,that peace may only last a generation or two at best. Lelouch always planed for things far in advanced. Also it just came across as too silly and idealistic.I know that R2 was over the top(and I love it for that) but this was where I drew the line.

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
Cowboy Bebop is my absolute favourite. The last 3 episodes were great, and that final rush to get to vicious *drools*. Luv ya, Spike!

Death Note's ending was brutal and I loved every second of it. Everything came crashing down to a wonderful finale.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is up there too

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
KarmaTheAlligator said:
Evangelion - All of the endings, yes, even the one where they ran out of money, because then they approached more philosophical topics rather than mindless action.
"How disgusting"

Seriously I loved both endings, it suited the series well and it wasn't like the series had delved into the psychological shit before. The original ending delves into the psychi of almost all the characters and does it really well, mainly because at the end of episode 24 all the charcters are fucked up (Misato, Shinji) or gone pretty much insane (Ritsuko, Asuka). I actually find the most potent and depressing scene in the series is in episode 26, the scene where Shinji sees the life he could of had, what he wanted, yet it is possibly the worst thing you can show someone, the unobtainable dream. I am not sure if that is what the director wanted but it was depressing to me.