Your Favourite Anime Ending. the end of the story.

Josh Laubscher

Jun 16, 2011
My favorite by far, would have to be School Days.

Because, I mean come on guys.

Who really, just doesn`t love a good old, 'Nice Boat'

gunnyinc420

Oct 17, 2011
I really Love these animes its a tie between Yu Yu Hakusho, Gundam Wing and Kenlchi:The Mightiest Disciple each of these animes I think have some of the best endings that tied up all the loose ends just right.

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
I haven't watched too many anime the who way through. But Cowboy Bebop's ending definitely got me, especially with "You're gonna carry that weight".

Fallere825

Mar 8, 2012
twaddle said:
Fallere825 said:
Code Geass

-SNIP
By the way u know lelouche is alive and season 3 the direct sequel of code geass was just announced. Which means that when CC said "...isn't that right Lelouche" at the end of the series that was him in the back of that wagon.

By the way the ending of Gundam 8th MS team had me bawling my eyes out.
FOR REALZ? GOOGLE SEARCHING NOW! wait a minute, what the hell would te 3rd season be about?
still going to do abit of research on thsi though. I didn't even thnk to look for a 3rd season with how season 2 ended.

Fallere825

Mar 8, 2012
twaddle said:
By the way u know lelouche is alive and season 3 the direct sequel of code geass was just announced. Which means that when CC said "...isn't that right Lelouche" at the end of the series that was him in the back of that wagon.

By the way the ending of Gundam 8th MS team had me bawling my eyes out.
you are most definatly right, as a reward watch this,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4Uganm1xd8&feature=related
and stop at 1:40 otherwise have you baddass image of Lelouch ruined by yaoi (SHUDDERS AT WHAT HE WITNESSED).

Also don't know how to embed video so make do with clicking the link.

Best one is at 1:34 though.

Mournful Crow

May 1, 2012
Neon Genesis Evangelion, definitely. made me think for a while about my own self, and the meaning of life, etc. etc.

Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X had a decent ending, but the OVA movies pushed it for me. I found them too depressing, which from me is saying something...

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
The only anime I have ever finished watching (I get distracted easily) was Yu Yu Hakusho, and I think that had a pretty good ending, tied up the loose ends (I think, been a while) pretty well and left me feeling pretty good, though I would have loved to see it continue, seeing that
Yusuke is now the most abominably powerful thing to ever walk the planet, and most likely would have beaten the Demon Lords had he not wasted as much energy firing the Demon Spirit Gun at the guy who can absorb it, at this point he would have to fight a God to have a challenge, and I would pay to see that

Rose and Thorn

May 4, 2012
Putting the obvious great anime endings aside, like Death Note, Samurai 7, Code Geass, Baccano, Durarara! :p *Keep in mind I haven't seen nearly enough animes yet...I haven't even seen Neon Genesis Evangelion yet*

My favorite ending is probably Ouran Highschool Host Club, but since it is like my favorite anime, maybe I won't count it...instead i'll say....Toradora!

I have a really big soft spot for Toradora!

For a slice of life/romance anime it was pretty darned good. Things played out in ways that would happen very much in real life and I couldn't have asked for a better ending to the series.

Taiga and Ryuji are probably one of my favorite anime couples. *Behind Haruhi Fujioka and Tamaki of course!* :)

**I also really liked Gun X Sword, the show was great the way it played out, it had a really interesting cast and action scenes and there was a scene near the end that I quite liked alot.

Spazwell

Sep 20, 2010
Definitely FMA Brotherhood, Gurren Lagann, and Cowboy Bebop.
Bakemonogatari had a good ending.

Although the most trolly ending is The World God Only Knows final credits. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jS_Um40C1s

Rickolas Walrus

Mar 2, 2012
Crispee said:
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, happy ending, and Ed's final speech is just amazing.
Completely agree. Plus, how he got Al's body back was something I didn't see coming in a good way. I was racking my brain, and eventually decided that he'd use himself as the toll like the first anime. So I was half right I guess

On a side note at the risk of going off topic, does anyone know if Ed gave up his ability to perform alchemy ENTIRELY or if it was just the alchemy without circles? He tries to clap his hands afterward and nothing happens, but he didn't try to use a circle so that left me somewhat confused

Dr. Cakey

Feb 1, 2011
Wait wait wait...when you say Death Note, people think of three things:
1. OMGBESTANIMEEVAR!!!! (It's not that it's bad, it's just it's the "consensus best" - the one everyone can agree they liked)
2. Light and L
3. The ending sucked.

It's just sort of inherent to the package. Which is part of why the live-action movies were actually really good, because they had a satisfying ending.

ALERT: SPOILERS IN REMAINDER OF POST
twaddle said:
If I hear ONE MORE PERSON spout this bullshit I swear...Neither of these statements are true. Lelouch had damn well better be dead, because if he isn't his entire character collapses and Code Geass becomes exactly what the haters say it is: a trainwreck (for example, if Lelouch is still alive, that means he cheated - he attained his goal and didn't have to suffer any consequences. And Suzaku went along with Zero Requiem because through it Lelouch would atone for his crimes...and I don't think Suzaku would consider "living on an orange farm" to be acceptable atonement. So it destroys their character arc and ruins any meaning to the idea that the two together are unbeatable. In other words, "Lelouch is alive" is roughly as stupid as "No, actually this was all a dream Rivalz had".). And the announced sequel does not occur after the events of R2, it occurs during them if I recall correctly, and doesn't feature Lelouch. Also, Santa isn't real.

Clinky

Jan 5, 2012
Scrustle said:
Wait... I thought Oban was French? Well... French and Japanese. So I guess it at least half counts. I appreciate you still omitting the spoilers by the by... I've been meaning to watch it. It just keeps slipping my mind to put it on.

OT: FLCL is one of the best for me. A lot of people say the Manga ended it better... Said it was more emotional. But I dunno. It just didn't feel right in comparison to the original ending.

It's my favorite if only because it's actually pretty darn simple in comparison to some others. But despite it being simple I feel it was just very well done, it wraps up that short-but-wonderful series in a way that I felt was perfectly suited to the series. But still... I feel it's one of the best endings I've seen in an anime.

Fallere825

Mar 8, 2012
Dr. Cakey said:
-SNIP!

ALERT: SPOILERS IN REMAINDER OF POST
twaddle said:
If I hear ONE MORE PERSON spout this bullshit I swear...Neither of these statements are true. Lelouch had damn well better be dead, because if he isn't his entire character collapses and Code Geass becomes exactly what the haters say it is: a trainwreck (for example, if Lelouch is still alive, that means he cheated - he attained his goal and didn't have to suffer any consequences. And Suzaku went along with Zero Requiem because through it Lelouch would atone for his crimes...and I don't think Suzaku would consider "living on an orange farm" to be acceptable atonement. So it destroys their character arc and ruins any meaning to the idea that the two together are unbeatable. In other words, "Lelouch is alive" is roughly as stupid as "No, actually this was all a dream Rivalz had".). And the announced sequel does not occur after the events of R2, it occurs during them if I recall correctly, and doesn't feature Lelouch. Also, Santa isn't real.
I was thinking after I had seen he had posted this, "a 3rd season huh? That ruins My favourite ending, it ended so well, everything is fixed now, what is this 3rd season going to be about even?"

for now im just going to put it out of my mind.

Fallere825

Mar 8, 2012
SlaveNumber23 said:
Code Geass and Gungrave, love them.
I didn't think Gungrave had an increadible ending, but I also thought it was a better anime before
the main character was shot and thrown through a window.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Cowboy Bebop (did I just hop on the "bang" wagon?) for a nicely wrapped up ending.
Planetes for a "life goes on" type ending.
Excel Saga for a "WTF Boom!" [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H91rPIq2mN4] ending.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
worldfest said:
Haibane Renmei.
Fuck yeah, tell me about it. One of the few moments (while watching anime) that I was close to bawling out with tears:

Reki (whisper): *pained expression* Help me...

Real heart in mouth moment, that...

Rose and Thorn said:
My favorite ending is probably Ouran Highschool Host Club, but since it is like my favorite anime, maybe I won't count it...
Read the manga... can't stress it enough, READ THE MANGA!! It's whimsical, silly but exhilirating at the same time. (Sort of spoiler: a couple characters not involved in the anime are quite important in it, namely Tamaki's mother)

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I'm going to say Cowboy Bebop. I loved the endings for Suzuka and, Fist of the North Star but for the one...Suzuka was a romantic drama so you could kind of guess the ending from the first episode. Fist of the North Star had a great ending too but there were some better fights before the final Ken vs Raoh fight. I remember watching all of Boogiepop but I don't remember how it ends (the entire series is a mind-fuck). I also can't remember the ending to Love Hina or, GTO...but I love both of those shows. Irony