Your favourite/least favourite 6th-gen pokémon

Magnalian

Dec 10, 2009
Now that Pokémon X and Y have been out for about 2 weeks, I'd like to know which of the roughly 70 new critters have become fan favourites and which ones have been sentenced to an eternity in the PC Box.
Personally I really like Aegislash, though Inkay and its evolution Malamar deserve a special mention for their cool evolution method (for those who don't know, let's just say it requires a different... perspective :p).

Meanwhile Klefki has not seen the light of day ever since I caught it, which is not about to change anytime soon.

Those are my picks, so what about you guys? Is there anybody out there capable of giving Klefki the affection I have denied it? Or will he slowly waste away in the digital confines of BOX3?

...Man, that got dark.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
My favorite is Noivern, that sexy dragon/bat thing is so damn well designed. And useful combat-wise.

Also he comes with the most hysterical GIF I've seen in years:

I still have no idea what the fuck he is thinking shoving his head in an ear...

My least favorite is probably Barbaracle. The face is just too...weird.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
I very much dislike Swirlix and Slurpuff.

Love Pyroar, Pangoro, Inkay and Malamar, and Avalugg.

Not sure how I feel about the ghostly plants things, like Trevenant and Gourgeist...

I need a 2DS.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
I absolutely love Pumpkaboo, Klefki, and Noibat.

I hate slurpuff the most.

urgh.

Magnalian

Dec 10, 2009
I agree with all the choices so far, though I'm a little surprised Slurpuff was mentioned and not Aromatisse. I liked Spritzee, I assumed it would evolve into something at least decent-looking, but then... this happened:

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
That's a tough one, there's so many that I like. Might go with Hawlucha.

As for dislike? Probably Helioptile, it's just so derpy looking.

Magnalian said:
What?! Aromatisse is fabulous! :p

SoranMBane

May 24, 2009
My favourite line is definitely Noibat and Noivern. They're goddamn fruit bat dragons. There's nothing about them that isn't awesome. Spritzee, the pink and fluffy Plague doctor, would have to come in a close second, while Pumpkaboo, the spooky-adorable pumpkin bat, comes third.

As for least favourite, while I'd normally find a question like "what is your least favourite Pokemon" too mean-spirited to even acknowledge, in this case it turns out there's a very easy answer that I don't feel at all guilty about fingering out; Dedenne, the unimaginitive and utterly pointless Pikachu rehash. They didn't even try to attach some gimmick to differentiate it like in previous generations, they just took a stunted Raichu and gave it whiskers.

Magnalian

Dec 10, 2009
SoranMBane said:
Actually, the gimmick this time around is that it's an Electric/Fairy type. I'm fine with Dedenne, it's not the worst pikachu rehash they ever made, Pachirisu still takes that... honour.

MrSir231

Oct 24, 2013
My favorite is Tyrantum. Sure, it has a large amount of weaknesses, but that design is awesome.

Least favorite would be Aromatisse. I feel that Spritzee had a lot of potential for a cool evolution that just wasn't fulfilled by Aromatisse.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
My favorites would be Xerneas, Yveltal,(I'll admit to being a bit of a legendary whore), Greninja, Tytantrum, and Sylveon, and I usually don't care for Eeveelutions. There are plenty of others, it's never easy to pick a favorite out of a gen, even one that is smaller like this one.

Edit: Totally forgot about Aurorus, for it's cool(no pun intended) grace, and Amaura for being one of the cutest things to grace the Pokemon games. :3

I hate to jump on a hate bandwagon, but both Spritzee and Aromatisse are probably my least favorites of the gen. They look off to me. That being said, I won't say I hate them, but by pure aesthetics, they are very unappealing. Plus, there are plenty of better fairy types to choose from.

Right E O

Mar 19, 2010
Gogoat is pretty cool, and plenty powerful, but the award for best troll pokemon of the new generation goes to Klefki. I love it when game freak makes a pokemon that everyone else seems to hate, and none of them are as controversy inducing as Klefki. Add on a sweet type matchup like Steel-Fairy and you've got yourself a versatile pokemon right there. Thinking about making a team of six of them named after different types of cars. That outta turn some heads. I also like me some Swirlix, if not just for the pokemon specific item it gets.

Though I will stay on the ship and say I dislike Aromatisse alot. In fact, outside of Klefki, the new fairy types are pretty lame.

not_you

Don't ask, or you won't know
Mar 16, 2011
I find the worst design (even though I think it's cool) is Klefki... I mean, a keychain.... really...?

The pokemon I don't understand the most is Pumkaboo... or however it's spelt.... ugh, horrible... Same with Trevant... Wasn't Sudowoodo meant to be a tree!?

I still think Mega Charizard Y sucks balls too.. Hell, the way that Charizard ALONE gets TWO mega evos (out of the starters) and Mewtwo too! PICK ONE AND ONE ONLY!?!!

And the same with Mega Blaziken... Where's Mega Swampert? Or Mega Sceptile!
(Now that I think about it... Where's Mega Typholsion!?)

ughh...

As for the actual NEW pokemon... Yeah, Swirlix or Slurpuff or whatever the cotton candy one was...

And then there's Goomy and that evo line....

They weren't strictly "bad" designs... I just didn't like them....
Although I must admit... playing "guess that pokemon type" when going through the game was annoying...

As for my actual favourite? I really liked Xerneas... Yveltal was just a re-skin of Darkrai (in my opinion) But out of non-legendaries, I like Meowstic...

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
My favourites include the Honedge and Clauncher evolution families for being swords and lobsters respectively, Goomy and Goodra because they are cute and an original idea and Klefki because it's interesting and everyone-else apart from the guy who posted a couple of posts up seems to hate it (it's not that bad guys!).

Least favourites include the horribly ugly Spritzee / Slurpuff and their evolutions, and the even less aesthetically pleasing Barnacle pair. They can go back into the depths of the sea for all I care.

balladbird

Master of Lancer
Legacy
Jan 25, 2012
Country
United States
Fletchling is my favorite. not just of gen 6, but ever... granted I have no idea what 90% of the pokemon from gens 3-5 look like, but I feel comfortable saying Fletchling has 'em beat. thing's so cute I just have to hug it! At least 700x cuter than Pikachu.

As for least favorite... I recall seeing one that looked like an ice cream cone... I dislike it just because it shows how strapped for new design ideas the franchise is. XD

Magnalian

Dec 10, 2009
not_you said:
Yeah, Charizard especially makes it painfully obvious that the Mega Evolution thing was pretty much a popularity contest (no way in hell does Garchomp need something else to give it an edge). I do think it's entirely possible that we'll still see a Mega Swampert and Sceptile (or Mega Meganium?), seeing as how Blazikenite is only available through the Torchic promotion. I'm willing to bet that there are going to be more Pokémon promotions involving unreleased mega stones.

Bluesclues

Dec 18, 2009
Magnalian said:
Yeah, I'd have to agree with the popularity contest theory, soon as I saw the list of confirmed megas I was like "This is pretty much a list of Pokemon most people like."

JoJo said:
I think those are my favorites of this gen too; I know when I saw Aegislash I was happy. And Clawitzer is just cool.

I personally don't think Klefki is bad, but it is a bit silly. Gonna have to jump on the bandwagon here and go with Aromatisse as least favorite. By God is it ugly.

Bluesclues

Dec 18, 2009
balladbird said:
Damn how could I forget Fletching? And Fletchinder is probably one of my favorite bird pokemon ever now...Though personally I don't like the way that evolution line looks once it reaches Talonflame.

Are you referring to Vanillish when you say ice cream cone btw? I believe that one is from Gen 5 (Black/White)...someone correct me if I'm wrong though.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
If you didn't answer Goomy as your favorite, then you're wrong.

not_you said:

How could you say that?! LOOK HOW GODDAMN HAPPY HE IS!

Anyway, least favorite... I have a general dislike of most of the new Fairies, since they're just as I expected them to be: pink, 'cutesy' looking, and are there so that the girls can have something to like. Plus, I keep forgetting all of their strengths/weaknesses.

Raine_sage

Sep 13, 2011
soren7550 said:
If you didn't answer Goomy as your favorite, then you're wrong.

not_you said:

How could you say that?! LOOK HOW GODDAMN HAPPY HE IS!

Anyway, least favorite... I have a general dislike of most of the new Fairies, since they're just as I expected them to be: pink, 'cutesy' looking, and are there so that the girls can have something to like. Plus, I keep forgetting all of their strengths/weaknesses.

Steel/Fairy based on a futakuchi-onna? Too girly for you? Hahaha

In all seriousness I don't get that complaint. Boys have their Charizards and their Garchomps (girls have those too of course because they're awesome and I love them) so why complain that Clefable is suddenly useful again? Or are guys just upset that my flower fairy can kick their Hydreigon's ass?

On topic Mega mawile up there might not be brand new or even a proper evolution but I love her all the same. Gourgeist has to be my favorite new design. Least favorite is probably Hawlucha, I can't unsee the feather cameltoe.