Your favourite PS1 game.

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
Jessiah said:
Xenogears

I think I play RPG's for a different reason than a lot of people do. I play for the story. Xenogears, to me and most likely only me and two and a half other people, had some of the most riveting and heart wrenching stories I've ever seen in a game. For once I was exposed to an RPG where the characters actually grew up as the game went on. They came to realize that the world isn't as easy as "You're evil now die" and "I'm good because I'm supposed to be good." No no...when it starts they are all essentially "good" in their own ways and in their own eyes. But it's when they're contrasted with each other that they realize the world is sooooo much bigger than their internal struggles. Oop, the rambling stops NOW!
Oh wow thanks, I about to say FF:VII or Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete but then i saw your post Xenogears is one of the most breath taking games of it's time for me Anime and CG style cutscenes and deep characters an a few surpeizes along the way too!

ZenMonkey47

Jan 10, 2008
I have to go with Final Fantasy Tactics. In my opinion it has the most mature (please note that when I say mature I mean well thought out and thought provoking, not boobies and blood) storyline of the Final Fantasy series. Even though the whole 'corrupt church' storyline's been done to death, raised, and then done to death again.

The-Big-D

Feb 4, 2008
spyro 1,2,3
crash bandicoot 2 and 3 and team racing
metal gear solid (hands down)
resi 2
tekken 2
dino crisis
medieval
syphon filter
the first rainbow six
so many classics on ps1 dont think you could name them all i had so many favorites :)

Guybrush Threepwood

Apr 9, 2008
I first played command and conquer on the PS1, prompting me to buy it and, subsequently, red alert for the PC, so i'd have to go for that.
Though trying to play it with a D-Pad was a disgusting experience. =/

Other mentions go to FF7, Ghost in the Shell, Ridge Racer and Tekken 3 :)

Guybrush Threepwood

Apr 9, 2008
Mr.Expendable said:
Why can't I like Final Fantasy?..
Anyway. My favorite PS1 games have got to be the Oddworld titles...
I also now realise that i forgot Abe's Odyssey and Exodus XD

Amaaaaazing games.

AspenSubie

Mar 27, 2008
1.Medieval,it will always be fun and always make me smile, sir dan is just awesome.
2.Syphon Filter(only the first one, minus the central park level, so frustrating)
3.STEEL REIGN, i think very few people ever played this game but it was an amazing tank warfare game and its very hard to find today anywhere.
4.Bushido Blade 2, so much fun to duel a friend one on one.
5.Final Fantasy VII obviously
6.Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
7.Metal Gear

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
The Colony wars series, but particularly Vengeance.

That game's still got the best explosions of any game ever made. Watching all those glowing cracks appear, then KABOOOOOOM!!!!! Your speakers have all pooped from the force of the noise...

The fact that its so bloody hard makes them all the sweeter.
What happened to space shooters anyway? I havn't seen a decent one in ages.

Also, Syphon Filter1 and 2
Metal Gear Solid
Red Alert
Crash Bandicoot Warped
Spyro 2 (so painfully cute... it should be a controlled substance)

cyber95

Feb 28, 2008
No One Can Stop Mr. Domino.

I never beat the last level, but I always loved the game.

*is sad that he never unlocked new characters*
Wait, I still have it.
*gets Playstation*

ayoama

Feb 7, 2008
Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX - The seventh was my first Final Fantasy, and probably the reason I got seriously hooked on videogames. FFVIII had some wonderful moments, and FFIX is a little jewel.
Metal Gear Solid - I thought I would hate it; I was so wrong. Kojima, you cunning demon.
Pandemonium - My first game for the PS1! Pure platforming fun.
Dead or Alive - Because I couldn't stand Tekken (I still really don't know why), and because it was fast and had COSTUMES XD
Spyro the Dragon - Wow, it was mentioned a lot! I used to play it with my brother for whole afternoons... good times. Such an adorable, imaginative and funny platformer.