Your favourite quote!

ajb924

Jun 3, 2009
One that relates to life
"If i really learned from my mistakes, I'd be a frickin genius!" Unknown source

From games:
"We ain't treadin' on thin ice yo, Shibuya's too warm for ice!" Beat, The World Ends With You
"In short I'm looking for what this tracker is tracking" Joshua, the world ends with you
"Must fight...emo urges!" Neku, the world ends with you
"Any tree can drop an apple. I'll drop the freaking moon." Sho, the world ends with you
After finishing an arguement "I suppose your an ass, all the time" Neku, the world ends with you
"The proof is in the pudding. The pudding... of their doom." Higashi, the world ends with you
"Have I lied to you? [pause] I mean, in this room?" GLaDOS, Portal
"Although the euthenizing process is remarkably painful, 8 out of 10 Aperture Science engineers believe that the companion cube is most likely incapable of feeling much pain." GLaDOS, Portal

Sorry for the long post, but i liked the topic

Crofty

Sep 17, 2008
Zand88 said:
"Life itself is but a vision, a dream. Nothing exists say an empty space and you.. and you are but a thought."
Just reminded me of a Lovecraft one:
"All life is only a set of pictures on the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other."

lava_lamp

Dec 6, 2008
"All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting."

0p3rati0n

Apr 14, 2009
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

edit- "Pills here! Grabin' pills!" -Louis (L4D)

sms_117b

Keeper of Brannigan's Law
Oct 4, 2007
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." - Marianne Williamson

Or

"When will the hostility end?" - Greg Proops (American)
"When you give us back the colonies!" - Clive Anderson (English)
Off of Whose Line is it Anyway UK

Fireyredmullet

Jun 4, 2009
"things are rarely just crazy enough to work, more often they are just crazy enough to fail hilariously" - XKCD

The Warejackal

Jun 8, 2009
"There is never enough time to do all the nothing you want to do."
-Calvin and Hobbes The Days are Just Packed.

Mockingjay

Mar 3, 2009
sneakypenguin said:
shophius said:
'The blind lead the blind so why can't we find our way?'

Snow Patrol - An Olive Grove Facing the Sea
What does that even mean?! Other than a literal interpretation of it.
Meh, whatever the writer wanted it to mean. It says favourite quotes, not best.

sneakypenguin

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 31, 2008
Country
usa
shophius said:
sneakypenguin said:
shophius said:

Hehe, I loved it when back in high school kids would latch onto ambiguous lines. Ahhh good times.

Favorite quote of the day is

Sometimes the law defends plunder and participates in it. Thus the beneficiaries are spared the shame and danger that their acts would otherwise involve... But how is this legal plunder to be identified? Quite simply. See if the law takes from some persons what belongs to them and gives it to the other persons to whom it doesn't belong. See if the law benefits one citizen at the expense of another by doing what the citizen himself cannot do without committing a crime. Then abolish that law without delay ... No legal plunder; this is the principle of justice, peace, order, stability, harmony and logic-Frederic Bastiat

dontworryaboutit

May 18, 2009
"When I'm lying in my bed I think about life and I think about death and neither one particularly appeals to me." ~Morrissey

"I do maintain that if your hair is wrong, your entire life is wrong." is a good one from him too.

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes or I do."

Cocal

Feb 7, 2009
shophius said:
sneakypenguin said:
shophius said:

Is it possible to say it's TRULY your favorite quote if you don't even try to interpret it. I mean jesus christ, you could even say it means exactly, in it most literal sense, what it says.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
I think I may have posted in the past thread of this, but since it was done on March 20something I feel the statute of limitations is up on it, so I'll go ahead with it.

Star Wars: Force Unleashed---
Starkiller--"YOU SAID YOU WOULD STAY AWAY!"
Vader--"I lied!"

Mockingjay

Mar 3, 2009
Cocal said:
shophius said:
sneakypenguin said:
shophius said:

Is it possible to say it's TRULY your favorite quote if you don't even try to interpret it. I mean jesus christ, you could even say it means exactly, in it most literal sense, what it says.
Yeah, I think I prefer it slightly anonymous.

Skullpanda

Jun 12, 2009
"There ain't no rest for the wicked, money don't grow on trees, I got bills to pay, I got mouths to feed, there ain't nothing in this world for free.
I know I can't slow down, I can't hold back though you know I wish I could, oh no there ain't no rest for the wicked, until we close our eyes for good." - Cage the Elephant

Also, "I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." - Douglas Adams