Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Bruenin said:
DustyDrB said:
Ranorak said:
Aura Whisper.

Love it.
Obviously I don't have Detect Life yet :D
Same here. I used it constantly, which is easy since it has a short cooldown. I played as a sneaky hunter who used absolutely no magic, so Aura Whisper was my main shout.
Shouting is an ancient form of magic though :p so your still using magic
Yeah, it's all about the roleplaying, though. And since you are the Dragonborn, it still fits my character to use that type of magic.

Self-imposed rules in the name of Roleplay for the win!

SidingWithTheEnemy

Sep 29, 2011
Interesting, again I'm a pervert against the norms here.

I use "slow time" in most cases. As a dual casting mage I don't need that fancy fire or ice stuff. I always believed I cast more powerful versions of those.

Especially against those pesky Draugr Deathlords. Slow Time, Incineration, Incineration, Incineration Boom! - They just don't know what hit them. Most of the time they didn't even manage to shout at me.

Kriptonite

Jul 3, 2009
I thoroughly enjoy Whirlwind Sprint with all three levels unlocked. You can get anywhere, and I mean anywhere with that thing..

clint945

Wibbly Wobbly Woo.
Mar 20, 2011
I actually never liked unrelenting force and the only use i found for it was to take my companion up to a tall mountain and unrelentingly force them off the edge while i manically laughed for all of Skyrim to hear.

Anyway to answer your question i loved the Ice breath one as it instantly froze anyone standing on the same continent as you and allowed me (a mage) to regen my mana so i can AOE spell people to death for a while longer until my shout meter recharges.

Rinse and repeat.
Win game.

yay.

Start climbing mountain again with a new sidekick...

Popadoo

May 17, 2010
Become Ethereal.
Trying to pass over a mountain to reach your destination, but come across a shear cliff face? Why not motherfucking JUMP?!
Low on health and need time to get out of the way of your enemies? Ethereal is here to help.
Hell, need to get to the bottom of a valley and can't be arsed to take the road? FEIM ZI GRON!

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
The time-slowing one. I haven't been nerding it up enough to know what it's called. Forgive my insolence. =(

HonageMaximus

Oct 18, 2010
My favourite by far is elemental fury which basically triples the attack speed of unenchanted weapons. Which allows the twin swords afficionado to kill ANYTHING in a matter of seconds.

Kellerb

Jan 20, 2009
Ice form, being able to freeze people and sit on them for a screenshot is rather more entertaining than it should be. Though not much beats a good Fus roh da!

TinmanX

Apr 29, 2011
Wuld Nah Kest (i.e. Whirlwind Sprint)

I use it to travel. For example, I can travel to Whiterun and within a second of the city loading, be opening the door to my house. It is also great for just moving around the countryside/dungeons and getting to vendors quickly when encumbered.

I use it offensively. As a 2h wielding warrior, I need to close the gap on my opponents quickly and chop them, lest I get kited by silly frost mages.

I use it defensively. If I am getting owned (rare), there is nothing better than simply not being in the same place as the enemies that are trying to kill you. Instantly.

Additionally, it looks and sounds awesome.

UltimaEX

Dec 17, 2010
Call Storm, mainly for all the strongholds with a lot of foes.
Nothing better than bringing the wrath of heaven down upon them :p

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
I take the boring but practical route

Unrelenting force. Fire breath when it fails.

Akimoto

Nov 22, 2011
I have two favorites

Call Dragon (especially on forts) and Elemental Fury for my two-handed

Al-Bundy-da-G

Apr 11, 2011
Fire Breath. Fell in love with it after I got thrown into Cidnah mine.

Any of you ever read the LFG web comic? I played the part of Richard during my stay in the mine.

ZombieMonkey7

Dec 24, 2009
Aura Whisper and Mark of Death. Whisper is incredibly useful to any assassin and Mark of Death is one of the only shouts that can really do any damage and it has a short recharge time. unlike ice breath (or others) which is completely useless in terms of damage and recharge

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
I play an assassin, so I use Zul Mey Gut (Throw Voice) the most often. Tiid Klo Ul (Slow Time) is my second favorite. Wuld Nah Kest (Whirlwind Spirit) is my third favorite. Oh, if I'm ever discovered, the occasional Fus Ro Dah to throw them back is always nice.

I can't wait to get my microphone back to try them with the Thu'uMic mod. Then I can play Skyrim the way it was meant to be played; shouting at my TV screen every so often! >:D

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
I only ever use Unrelenting Force, and I only use it on my companions "could you just... effin move damn it... no don't block the fucking door... *FUS*... thank you"

daydreamerdeluxe

Jun 26, 2009
My first playthrough, I thought it would be amusing to play as an Argonian fire mage whilst the land was being beset upon by fire-breathing lizards, so Vul Toor Shul was pretty much perfect for me to find :D

Aaaand then I learnt Dragonrend, and BAM I could actually *fight* the buggers, rather than jab in a gout of flames whenever they feel like landing... Oh, to be able to used ranged weapons effectively... :p

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
Fire breath followed by unrelenting force followed by call dragon. I cannot tell you how many times Odaviing has saved me from death at the last second.