Your favourite Universe made into a MMO?

malestrithe

Aug 18, 2008
Some anime universe done as a mmo: Pokemon would be cool, especially considering how big the place has become in the last 15 years. Othes I'd love to see: Naruto, Cowboy Bebop, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Outlaw Star, and Bleach.

That being said, I might just go for a Full Metal Alchemist Universe because it is the only one where I would plop characters and star playing. I'd love to be a state Alchemist fighting some war.

S.R. Kilvan

Dec 29, 2007
1) Base a survival/horror MMO off of Evil Dead or any number of zombie flicks.
2) Good sense of dark humor mixed in, make a game that isn't afraid to take the piss out of itself.
3) Incorporate perma-death.
4) ???????
5) PROFIT!!!

rockytheboxer

Nov 3, 2009
Amardor said:
One I didn't mention earlier, Harry Potter. You could pick which house to be in, What type of Witch/Wizard.
While I would love it, it'd be a world full of millions of Slytherins and Gryffindors, with four Hufflepuffs and a Ravenclaw. It would be wholly unbalanced at least where houses are concerned, if you just got to pick.

I say Mass Effect.

Nomanslander

Feb 21, 2009
None...MMOs ruin everything...>>

-Warcaft use to be awesome
-Warhammer use to be awesome
-Conan universe use to be awesome
-Star Wars use.....well....hasn't been awesome since Empire Strikes Back...lol

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
rockytheboxer said:
While I would love it, it'd be a world full of millions of Slytherins and Gryffindors, with four Hufflepuffs and a Ravenclaw. It would be wholly unbalanced at least where houses are concerned, if you just got to pick.
There might be enough fans of Cedric Diggory and Luna Lovegood to actually have a few more than five total in those houses...

My choice - Myst. But it's been done, undone, made, unmade, remade, unmade again, and being made again I think.

Bobular

Oct 7, 2009
I generally hate what MMO's do to a universe.

After WOW, not much hope for Warcraft 4
After the old republic not much hope for KOTOR III

The only good ones are the ones that don't try to attach themselves to a story.

COH in its own universe
WAR the whole point of that universe is never ending war so it sort of fits

Hopefully I'll like Star Trek online, its set after everything else and there is a new timeline so it doesn't mess with anything that may still be going on.

That said, my answer is 40K.

pcload1etter

Apr 14, 2009
I think Battletech is a prime candidate. Customizable mechs, vehicles etc rich history and of course, your mom.

Also Fallout would be cool

Jharry5

Nov 1, 2008
CymTyr said:
I would like the worlds that the Dark Tower series takes place in. Obviously you wouldn't be able to play as Roland or the main characters, but that doesn't mean you couldn't play as someone either when Roland was a kid, or during Roland's quest (basically unrelated to the Dark Tower story itself, but related in that you're in the same world and can affect how easily Roland's quest progresses).

Keep in mind it's a big world and he only ever is on one continent in it, and when he goes to our world he's only in New York and Maine. There's a lot of room to work with on this one.
Yes! This is a great idea...

My vote (besides for the one above), would be for a MMO based on Fallout 3.

FightThePower

The Voice of Treason
Dec 17, 2008
Making a Metroid MMO would ruin the franchise.

Now a Metroid Online FPS, that would be sweet.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
war40k massively multiplayer with a galactic scale engine based on the spore galaxy, including mostly RTS, exploration, and 4x elements.

WolfLordAndy

Sep 19, 2008
As said earlier...

Firefly = /thread

It could be done similar to STO, with away missions as well as space combat/travel (though maybe more like EvE space combat then STO).

Diskworld I think would end up too serious in a MMO and thus detract from the setting.

Pokemon MMO would be really awesome, even if it was still a topdown 2d game but with other trainers to battle/trade with all the time. (And maybe chance to make your own Gyms as a way of being in a clan.)

Or, the pokemon MMO could be totally different and be more like current MMOs 3d and all that jazz, make it more like the cartoon. The way a pokemon 3d RPG should be on the Wii really.