Your first RPG?

kelnadine

May 18, 2008
Super Mario RPG on the SNES. I was very little when I played it, but I loved it. It was awesome.

psychodynamica

Feb 24, 2010
jade cocoon i think. probably favourite game ever, makes pokemon look like a turd in a bath. maybe baldur's gate but not sure which i played first.

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Cyberpunk 2020...oh, you mean computer RPG. Secret of Mana. Ah, if only JRPG's were like that now.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
Unless Pokemon counts, the first I can think of is Fable. I never had any RPGs when I was younger.

lonny2x4x5

Feb 4, 2009
Pokemon Yellow was my first, i still want to play it sometimes too. However, my all time favorite will have to boe Knights of the Old Republic for the Xbox. Sure, the maps was all linear, but you could tackle them in any order you wanted, something modern games should pick up on.

Warped Pixel

Aug 4, 2009
I think mine was Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets for the game boy color. Snicker if you will but it is a nice game.

phohouse

Mar 13, 2010
Skies of Arcadia. I played it when I was around 4. It didn't do anything very creative, but it did the classic parts of RPGs so damn well.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
phohouse said:
Skies of Arcadia. I played it when I was around 4. It didn't do anything very creative, but it did the classic parts of RPGs so damn well.
DIDN'T DO ANYTHING CREATIVE?! It had pirates, and a fantastic element system. AND FLYING PIRATE SHIP BATTLES

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Ando3242 said:
Dragon Warrior IV. I remember a friend in 2nd grade had it and when he brought it over one day I was hooked on RPGs for life. I eventually got my own copy and still own it today.
Did you ever try the DS remake? It's quite good.