Your First Time, Gaming That Is!

Lizmichi

Detective Prince
Jul 2, 2009
Wardog13 said:
doctorwhofan said:
bah.

Children.

Try Pong on the Atari 2600 in the first year the console was released.

I have fond memories of finding the easter egg (aka the secret area) in Adventure and the groovy music in Pitfall II. And Q-bert...
Want me to help you across the street old man?

Ha ha, just kidding!
You're amusing all gamers are guys. :)

Shock and Awe

Winter is Coming
Sep 6, 2008
Lizmichi said:
Wardog13 said:
doctorwhofan said:
bah.

Children.

I have fond memories of finding the easter egg (aka the secret area) in Adventure and the groovy music in Pitfall II. And Q-bert...

Ha ha, just kidding!
Well its a pretty safe bet he/she/it is a guy, since a majority of gamers are.

BolognaBaloney

Mar 17, 2009
Geez, this thread has been done to death.

But my first games were Super Mario Bros, Duck Hunt, and Legend of Zelda on NES.
The first console I bought personally was a Nintendo 64, my only Nintendo Console that I put my own money in to.

Insanum

The Basement Caretaker.
May 26, 2009
Sonic two, Megadrive II - Then there was road rash 2, streets of rage 2. Good times, Good times.

Lizmichi

Detective Prince
Jul 2, 2009
Wardog13 said:
Lizmichi said:
Wardog13 said:
doctorwhofan said:
bah.

Children.

Ha ha, just kidding!
Well its a pretty safe bet he/she/it is a guy, since a majority of gamers are.
Oh I know that for a fact being a vast minority in the gaming community, Im just saying. There are some... and I really mean some, well more like a few, chick gamers. Ok maybe like 1 per 20 guy gamers. *shrugs*

Hemlet

Jul 31, 2009
AbuFace said:
Super Mario Bros. for the NES. I'm sure I'm not alone in that.
Same here. I remember finding the warp zone for the first time and just going nuts.

ShadowKatt

Mar 19, 2009
My first game...ah, I remember it well. I don't have a clue what it was either. But family that was visiting brought their computer with them. An oldie that ran on windows 3.x. There was some kind of weird adventure game on it, and I stayed up all night playing it. I didn't have a clue what was going on or what to do, I just kept pressing on in a straight general direction.

That was the first time gaming on my own. We also had an Odyssey2 and an Atari2600 that we'd play as a family once every few months, whenever they decided to hook it up for a night, but that wasn't often enough to consider it the start of my gaming career.

Timotei

The Return of T-Bomb
Apr 21, 2009
Well the moments leading up to it were...oh right, gaming.

My first experience with gaming was playing Punch Out!! on my grandmother's NES.

I mastered that game in an hour, even though I was 4 or 5.

Sweep117

Jan 27, 2009
Wow... There are some youngsters here! And some oldies too. I guess I fit somewhere in the middle.

My first system was the Sega Mastersystem. I "stole" it from my cousin. I asked his mom if I could have it and she said yes. He was so pissed. That was 1992-93. I had no cartridges for it but it had three games built in. A Duck Hunt variant, motorcycle racing and a snail maze easter egg. You had to press all the buttons a certain way when you powered up the system to find it. Those were good times. My dad and I competing for the best time on the motorcycles. That was the birth of my gaming lifestyle.

After that it was the GameBoy Colour with Pokemon Red version. I played the NES and SNES all the time at my friend's house but my parents wouldn't buy me a system until the N64. It was also the first system all my friends and I had at the same time.

Oh, such good times...

Et3rnalLegend64

Jan 9, 2009
Super Mario and Duck Hunt on my cousin's NES. I was 3 or 4. And Super Hang On, Sonic 1, Revenge of Shinobi, and Streets of Rage on my uncle's Sega Genesis. Never could get very far on Streets of Rage back then without my little brother as second player. He bought me my own Genesis some years later with Sonic 2 where I eventually got good enough to reach the final boss, but could never figure out how to actually damage it '-_-

'twas fun ^_^

matt_newgrove

Aug 1, 2009
The first time I ever played a video game I was only 2 years old, the game in question was a msdos version of pacman, I always told my dad i wanted to play the "chewing moon-man who ate nuts". At that age I pretty much failed at all the games I played but I still enjoyed them, there was just something so incredibly attracting about the bright pixels and squeaking sounds of a computer.

From that point onward I've been playing video games and i had actually played Doom & Hexen before i started elementary school.

Ezzay

Feb 28, 2009
It was a bloody old game on the Sega, it was a Jurassic Park Platformer.

I cant remember the actual game, but that was the game that got me into gaming.

Never looked back.

Dogmeat T Dingo

Sep 4, 2008
I can't remember which I played first, but it was either the Mario/Duck Hunt cartridge for the NES or River Raid on the C64.

Fat Hippo

Prepare to be Gnomed
Legacy
May 29, 2009
Hmmm...about 3 years old I reckon, something on my dad's PC. But to be honest, I can't remember what, though I do have fond memories for many old shareware platformers, which I've just recently rediscovered. Cosmo, Hocus Pocus, Bio Menace...good times.

US Crash Fire

Apr 20, 2009
like most people my age i think i was 4 and i was playing duck hunt and holding the gun point blank against the tv and still missing.