Your Game of the Decade and of 2009

Clirck

Mar 19, 2009
Decade: It's easy, Oblivion in all it's glory.

Year: That's a hard one because Ubisoft is gay and decided to release Assassins Creed 2 on PC next year so I have to say Modern Warfare 2.

Dr. Wily III

Jul 27, 2009
Games of the Year: Fallout 3 (Yeah, didn't played many games, of this year.)

Game of the Decade: Devil May Cry 3

[sub]must...resist...urge...to mention more![/sub]

Dec 29, 2008
Game of 2009: Batman Arkham Asylum
Game of Decade: pokemon franchise if only for all the money I have spent on it.
Best Game of All Time: Calvinball

havass

Dec 15, 2009
2009: Dragon Age: Origins. Any game that makes me spend so long playing it is hell worth it.

As for decade..I can't really say. I haven't been playing games that long to make a correct choice.

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
imahobbit4062 said:
Search Bar.
Seriously, why cannot people learn to use it!? This thread has been done to death.
Do you actually post anything worthwhile, or do you just follow threads around telling people to use the search bar? Perhaps contribute?

On topic

Decade-Shadow of the Colossus
Year-Dragon Age PC

Highly subjective though, and will likely change the next time I play something I like.

AvroArrow

Dec 23, 2009
imahobbit4062 said:
Search Bar.
Seriously, why cannot people learn to use it!? This thread has been done to death.
I hate to be off-topic and I don't intend a flame war, so I'll make it short and sweet:

I didn't see any thread of this topic in the "Gaming Discussion" forum that was new or had been updated in the last 3-4 pages. On that establishment, I don't think making this topic was terrible nor poor etiquette; I only wanted to see everyone's opinions.

If I overlooked a thread similar to this or I have truly offended you, then I apologize and can/will take any punishment the moderators deem necessary.

[/resume topic]

AT God

Dec 24, 2008
Tough one, I'll go with knee jerk reaction even though I know its not right. Imma add one more

Best story: Second Sight

Game of Decade: Half-Life <- First thought

Game of Year: L4D2 <-Cant think of any other good 2009 games

Game of Decade cannot be determined, too many good games, list thing of some favorites (Oh nostalgia)

TF2
Bioshock
Second Sight
Counter-Strikes
all Half-Lifes
Portal
GTA3
Advance Wars
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
Halo 1 only
BF2
Hitman Series
Max Payne
Fallouts
Day of Defeats
BF1942
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault Spearhead <-One of the best online experiences I ever had.

Superasil

Trapped inside a Game.
Sep 30, 2009
2009: Assassins Creed 2

Decade: hmm....i'll say Mass Effect, i love that game.

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
Game of the decade? Tough one. A lot of titles come to mind.

Perhaps Morrowind, San Andreas or Counter Strike (it was released in 2000 as a full retail game)

- Morrowind is a lot better then Oblivion IMO. I like the old text reading thing and the story was a lot better. I've spent more then 500 hours playing Morrowind and I didn't come even close with Oblivion. Huge modding fan base made it even better.
- San Andreas is one of my favorite games of all time. Best GTA game, great setting, great story and awesome characters. A blueprint for future free roaming games.
- Counter Strike: I still play it more then any other game. I still buy equipment (mouse, headset, mouse pad) just for playing CS and I still enjoy it as I did the first day I played it. It never gets old for some reason. And it's pretty much a cult game now.

Game of the year: Quite easy really, Batman Arkham Asylum.
Why? Best comic book game I've EVER played. Serious dark story well written, mature comic book faithful characters, dark setting, great combat gameplay, great stealth gameplay, good puzzles, awesome voice acting, impressive visuals and physics, great sound editing, a lot of neat unlockables. Did I forget something?

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
My personal or in general thoughts?
Personal:
Year: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Decade: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 also
But, if I were to guess generally:
Year: Batman: Arkham Asylum
Decade: Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic

antigodoflife

Nov 12, 2009
The Game of the Years - anti's opinion

2000 - LoZ: Majora's Mask
2001 - Conker's Bad Fur Day
2002 - Lost Kingdoms
2003 - Metroid Prime
2004 - Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
2005 - God of War
2006 - Final Fantasy 12 (in australia)
2007 - Bioshock
2008 - Fallout 3 (although i did notice a game called '****')
2009 - Resident Evil 5... -twitches- i feel dirty... were there no games in 2009 that were above decent! -washes my skin in sulfuric acid-...

(In 2010 as a side note - Heavy Rain)

When i entered this chat an hour ago i was the first to comment... this just took that long to think of...

More Fun To Compute

Nov 18, 2008
A bunch of us already did this a couple of months ago. It's worth reading that one and bumping it.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.140609#3155474

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
GOTY so far is probably Assassin's Creed 2, but I still have to play Uncharted 2.

GOTD is easy. Silent Hill 2.

TheFacelessOne

Feb 13, 2009
imahobbit4062 said:
Search Bar.
AT LEAST contribute SOMETHING to the thread. Stupid Searchbar Nazis.

Year: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2;must...finish...prestige!
Decade: Halo: Combat Evolved;because I am still playing it today.

KjellKanon

Aug 6, 2009
Decade ; Wow (Oh, I've spent so much time with it.. Managed to quit though!
Of the year ; Demon's Souls.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Best Game of 2009: Dragon Age: Origins or Assassin's Creed 2.
Best Game of the Decade: Half Life 2 (do the episodes count aswell?)