Your Game of the Decade and of 2009

Tekyro

Aug 10, 2009
Year: Borderlands.
Decade: Jewel Quest. Simply for the laughs it's cause for me and my friends. For example, the first time we encountered it, the price sticker was over the "-el" in "Jewel".

Bigeyez

Apr 26, 2009
Decade: Mass Effect hands down gets this title from me. I've never been more immersed in a game's story.
Year: Modern Warfare 2

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Decade: Shadow of the Colossus, honorable mention for Half-Life 2

Year: Assassin's Creed 2

Indecizion

Aug 11, 2009
GOTY arkham asylum
GOTD halo 1 mabey? i mean the sequels werent that good but the campaign in the 1st halo was bloody brilliant

TotallyFake

Jun 14, 2009
Bigeyez said:
Decade: Mass Effect hands down gets this title from me. I've never been more immersed in a game's story.
Year: Modern Warfare 2
Fanboy time: Mass Effect is shit*. It's terrible.* The characters are badly written* and the main villain is absent for most of the game*. The romances are forced* and sudden* and Liara seems custom designed to appeal to the nerd in us all*. The combat is shallow* and unbalanced.*

That said, it's still damn good, but my GoTD is unquestionably: Baldur's Gate 2.
GOTY is also easily Dragon Age, which is still kinda rubbish** and has a terribly absent villain**.

*When compared to other BioWare games, especially Dragon Age and Baldur's Gate 2.
**When compared to Baldur's Gate 2.

HassEsser

Jul 31, 2009
Ben Bazooka said:
Decade is such a long time.

Decade: Diablo II
Half-Life
Half-Life 2
Counter-Strike

2009: Dragon Age: Origins
Very nice choices, those are all terrific games.

But this is my list
Year: Uncharted 2
Decade: Half-Life 2
MetallicaRulez0 said:
Decade: World of Warcraft
2009: Modern Warfare 2
Excuse me, but MW2 doesn't deserve any more of our attention. That game is one of the worst games of the decade, and is the worst of the year.

Lemon Of Life

Jul 8, 2009
Decade: Oblivion, though I really want to play Resi 4 and SotC.

Year: Assassin's Creed 2, though next year will have a bunch of superior contenders, by the looks of it.

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
HassEsser said:
MetallicaRulez0 said:
Decade: World of Warcraft
2009: Modern Warfare 2
Excuse me, but MW2 doesn't deserve any more of our attention. That game is one of the worst games of the decade, and is the worst of the year.
There's this little thing called "Opinions". Look it up in the word book.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Since I've only really been gaming for a decade this isn't a difficult choice.

My game of the dacade is also my favourite game of all time; Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. I doubt anything will top playing that game for the first time, partially because it is an incredible game, but also because it's one of my first gaming memorys.

As for this year, it's a close run in with two games I would have never expected great things from: One is Batman Arkham Asylum, which is essencially a movie/comic tie in, which are almost never good (for exception see Spiderman 2). The second one is Assassins Creed 2, the sequel to a game which at best gave me cheap thrills and at worst made me angry.

I think ultimately Batman takes the prize as I got more game time out of it because of how much I LOVE the challenge missions and because it's freaking Batman.

So, GOTY: Batman: Arkham Asylum
GOTD and all time: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

Lordmarkus

Jun 6, 2009
AvroArrow said:
I'll start it off:

Best Video Game of 2000-2009: Half-Life 2
Best Video Game of 2009: L4D2
The same.

Would like to name a game from each year but it's gonna be hard since I only can give an honest opinion from year 2006-2009 but here we go.

2000: Need For Speed: Porsche 2000 (Don't worry, Deus Ex is on my to-do list)
2001: Halo: Combat Evolved (In lack of others, haven't even finished it)
2002: Splinter Cell
2003: Call of Duty
2004: Half-Life 2
2005: Call of Duty 2
2006: Company of Heroes
2007: Bioshock
2008: Fallout 3
2009: Left 4 Dead 2

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
HassEsser said:
Ben Bazooka said:
Decade is such a long time.

Decade: Diablo II
Half-Life
Half-Life 2
Counter-Strike

2009: Dragon Age: Origins
Very nice choices, those are all terrific games.

But this is my list
Year: Uncharted 2
Decade: Half-Life 2
Thank you sir. Half-life 2 is certainly a great game. Don't know Uncharted 2, but I'm a pure PC gamer so it's not that odd. As someone noticed: Half-Life is actually from 1998, so I got to take that back from my list.