Your Game of the Decade and of 2009

alexoblivion

Jul 17, 2009
Game of the Year: It was a great year, but I'll have to go with Uncharted 2, simply because I couldn't stop playing. MW2 is a close second, though.
Game of the Decade: The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. No other game has roxxored my soxxors quite as much as that game, even if it no longer holds up that well. Honorable mention to Killzone 2, since it had the only multiplayer experieence I actually played excessively.

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
For the decade i would likely say WOW, i don't play it and it looks terribly boring to me but you can't deny it's massive impact on MMOs and gaming in general.

For the year, while i would personally say Batman Arkham Asylum i want to point out it's been a good year for gaming in my eyes. I've got to play alot more great games than i usually do.

As a side note, i see many of you are putting half life 2, is it that good, worth checking out? (i haven't played it personally). when i played half life 1 all those years ago i found it alright, but nowadays i think it's terribly overhyped. I'd like an informed opinion please, not just GO PLAY NOW NOOB/ITS SHITE NOOB.

TheSkaAssassin

Oct 12, 2009
Decade:
Portal for best storytelling
Kingdom Hearts for best new IP
Grand Theft Auto 3 for inventing sandbox gameplay and shocking a nation
Modern Warfare for best shooter
Counter-Strike for best multiplayer game
Half-life 2 for best use of physics
Special Mention to: Bioshock, World of Warcraft, Fallout 3, Super Smash Brothers Melee, Rock Band, Team Fortress Two, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

2009:
Modern Warfare 2, hands down. Most fraternities spend their evenings drinking, ours plays Modern Warfare 2.

Demon ID said:
As a side note, i see many of you are putting half life 2, is it that good, worth checking out? (i haven't played it personally). when i played half life 1 all those years ago i found it alright, but nowadays i think it's terribly overhyped. I'd like an informed opinion please, not just GO PLAY NOW NOOB/ITS SHITE NOOB.
Yes, God yes. Pick up The Orange Box, its under $20 at Gamestop.

TotallyFake

Jun 14, 2009
darthzew said:
StevieWonderMk2 said:
Fanboy time: Mass Effect is shit
While I can't argue that Mass Effect has weak combat, I can't agree with you about the writing.
Did you miss the footnote? Yeah, it's jolly good, but pales in comparison to previous BioWare efforts. Or maybe I'm just being overly nostalgic, I spent most of the first half of this decade on BG2 and KotOR.

Void(null)

Dec 10, 2008
imahobbit4062 said:
Search Bar.
Seriously, why cannot people learn to use it!? This thread has been done to death.
Because if you use the search bar and respond to an old topic, you then get people screaming at you for Necro posting.

Calm down, chill out, be happy. If you don't wish to be involved in a topic, simply do not post in it.

ayahtzeefan

Jul 21, 2009
i love very many games that came out this year there is on that tops them all and that game is PROTOTYPE. many people will disagree with me but i found it extremely fun to run invincibly over new york skyscrapers, falling down 52 stories, and murdering tons of civilians. my game of the decade would have to be condemned:criminal origins (not its shitty sequel).

Void(null)

Dec 10, 2008
Game of the Decade: Grand Theft Auto III. (2002)
Why: I am not a huge fan of Rockstar but I have to tip my hat when someone invents and/or re-imagines a genre. Rockstar didn't just create a game, they built a new world to explore and immerise yourself in, one that we gamers lost hundreds, if not thousands of hours to. GTA III is to Sandbox what Diablo was to Action RPG's and its hard to think about the last decade without thinking of the massive horde of 3rd person action open world romps.

Game of the Year: Dragon Age Origins
Why: Despite my hatred for anything EA (And EA's love of milking a franchise), Bioware have come back with an absolutely amazing title that touches on everything that makes a Story driven RPG awesome in every fashion. Games like Dragon Age are the reason I became a gamer in the first place, and its nice to see something this classic, timeless and polished hit the shelves once more.

An Honorable Mention: The Sims (January 31, 2000)

Why: People tend to fob The Sims off as a chick game, yet it is without a shadow of a doubt, the number one top selling game of the decade and Female gamers only make up a small share of the PC market place. The Sims is our guilty little secret that we try not to talk about in hard core gaming circles, because deep down inside, everyone likes playing god.

The Premise behind The Sims was ingenious, and its execution has been flawless. Its one of the most innovative and well designed games, with one of the most powerful design engines ever created, the scripting alone is a work of art and a labor of love.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Game of the Decade: Jak 2

Game of the Year: Uncharted 2

I enjoy Naughty Dogs games...

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
Decade: Kingdom Hearts
2009: Ooooh a toughie... either Batman: Arkham Asylum or Uncharted 2

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
Game of the Year: Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
Game of the Decade: Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic

ShadowDude112

Mar 9, 2009
Game of the Decade is: Banjo-Tooie, Conker's Bad Fur Day, or MVC2.
Game of the year is: inFamous, Modern Warfare 2, Street Fighter 4, and Batman Arkham Asylum

That's all I can think of at the moment.