Your Greatest Fear and a Flailing Penguin in Gotham

Mike Hoffman

In the middle of calibrations...
Sep 25, 2013
Your Greatest Fear and a Flailing Penguin in Gotham

?The Fearsome Dr. Crane? succeeds where early episodes failed. Can Gotham keep this up?

Read Full Article

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
I wonder if the tradition of using multiple episodes per 'temp' villain (Electrocutioner/Crane) will keep up- I like it. Lets them flesh the characters out more. When I first saw Crane at the start I thought he looked a bit like Judge Doom from Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Fitting. Surprised drowning isn't used more often in action shows like this since even when they stop moving they can still be saved by CPR... or not, if the author prefers them to die.

Given how well things had been going for Penguin (drunk Pengy was hilarious last ep) it was kind of satisfying to see Mooney nearly kill him with a mere parting shot, ending up in a situation where I honestly couldn't tell how he was going to get out since there was no way Gordon could have made it in time if he'd called. He's no longer the perfect smug untouchable schemer that everyone underestimates, merely digging himself deeper when he tries to second-guess Maroni.

Guess we'll find out how Gordon saved Delware's wife during his 'personal business' later?

Mike Hoffman

In the middle of calibrations...
Sep 25, 2013
A heads up to regular readers, weekly reviews of Gotham won't continue, but we'll likely come back with something at the end of the season. If there's any interest in hearing my thoughts on future episodes, I might post them on my personal website (aka a tumblr blog I'll throw together real quick)? Otherwise, I'll be back next week with coverage of the premiere of the Breaking Bad spinoff, Better Call Saul.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Mike Hoffman said:
A heads up to regular readers, weekly reviews of Gotham won't continue, but we'll likely come back with something at the end of the season. If there's any interest in hearing my thoughts on future episodes, I might post them on my personal website (aka a tumblr blog I'll throw together real quick)? Otherwise, I'll be back next week with coverage of the premiere of the Breaking Bad spinoff, Better Call Saul.
that stinks I hate how all the show reviews are stopping I enjoyed reading them after seeing the ep and how others felt about it.

Objectable

Oct 31, 2013
So, when is Penquin's brother Broadway Bates gonna show up for the epic Gotham/Dick Tracy crossover?
http://assets.amuniversal.com/3a3e2280375801300af2001dd8b71c47

Johkmil

Apr 14, 2009
Mike Hoffman said:
The show reviews seems to have been removed from the schedule, most of the podcasts are gone, including my favourites Science & Technology and Film & TV, Jim left; for the first time in my time as a reader I honestly feel there is not really anything left for me here. I really liked the direction the site was going after it expanded its scope, but now it seems someone felt they had overextended.
Back on topic: I would probably read more Gotham reviews if you hosted them somewhere; they provide a nice degree of context to my own viewing of the show.

ritchards

Non-gamer in a gaming world
Nov 20, 2009
It would be neat (and I have no idea if this is well known, I have no idea and am entirely guessing) if the kid is the one who becomes the Scarecrow...

Baron Tanks

Mar 3, 2013
The name of the kid is mentioned to be Jonathan (Crane). That?s of course the name of the eventual Scarecrow. He also seems to be in the same age range (maybe a handful of years older) as the future Batman, Catwoman and Poison Ivy, so you?re guess is correct. Solid episode and too bad these reviews won?t continue, especially since there?s so few episodes left in the season. I would be down to read this somewhere else so do post a link, perhaps in this topic one day.