Your greatest NEVER AGAIN achievement?

Gralian

Me, I'm Counting
Sep 24, 2008
What achievement on the 360 or PS3 caused you the most grief to obtain, so much so you'd never want to do it again?

For me, it has to be the Leonidas achievement in BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger. A boss that takes away 70% of your life in one move and regenerates his health after should not be permitted in a fighting game.

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
Hmmmmm, most the time I just go "fuck it" if the achievements not any fun and just leave it half complete. But I suppose the one i'd never want to do again is the general 100% modern warfare 2. I didn't like that game, yet have 100%. weird.

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
Attaining all the veteran achievements on Modern Warfare 2. On that difficulty it turned a 5 hour game into a 10 hour one. Trying to complete the last part of contingency in only a minute and a half was the worst.

CINN4M0N

Jan 31, 2010
Getting the flags in Assassins Creed 1. A glitch in the game meant that though I got a certain flag, it wasn't recorded. I spent so long looking for a single flag before realising what had happened.

So yeah, I did the whole game again.

Xyliss

Mar 21, 2010
Captain Pancake said:
Attaining all the veteran achievements on Modern Warfare 2. On that difficulty it turned a 5 hour game into a 10 hour one. Trying to complete the last part of contingency in only a minute and a half was the worst.
When I tried that game on veteran it didn't seem too much more difficult. Except for the FUCKING FAVELA LEVEL!
Gods, how I hate that level, hours of frustration and getting nowhere

illas

RAWR!!!
Apr 4, 2010
The "Little Rocket Man" achievement from HL2:EP2. It allowed me to replay EP2 again, which was nice; but having to completely change my approach for half of the game was... less so.

Masonhome

Sep 9, 2008
I have a list:

Test of Faith, from Mirror's Edge: So...effin'...hard!
One Free Bullet, from HL2Ep1: Only use one bullet in the entire game? WTF was I thinking/smoking?
Completing Brutal Legend on hardest difficulty: I just...I don't even want to talk about it.

CpnBeef

May 19, 2008
L4D, Zombie Genocidest. It turned a game i love into a monotonous drag so much that i havnt been able to enjoy it or L4D2... :(

randomrob

Aug 5, 2009
I chose the Impossible on Bioshock for completing it on the hardest setting. that was scary hard.

Le_Lisra

norwegian cat
Jun 6, 2009
That was in the pre-achievement era but: Completing the final mission in thief 2 on expert without saving once.

Fucking Impossible.

Aiden_the-Joker1

Apr 21, 2010
Modern Warfare 2 getting all 69 stars in special ops ahhhhhh. I had to do that one in the plane graveyard by myself.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Completing the national pokedex on Pokemon Platinum, I only did it because I had a whole months holiday in Canada where we were driving for a couple of hours a day and I had little else to do during those long camper-van journeys so I did the whole pokedex, except a few unrequired mystery-event pokemon like Arceus. Considering how long it took my, I doubt I'm going to do it again but as a pokemon fan it's nice to say I've done it once! (Damm new 5th gen pokemon, loads more to catch! :)

Amethyst Wind

Apr 1, 2009
little.09 said:
test of faith: beat mirrors edge without shotting an enemy. wish i'd never tried
Are you mad? That's the true spirit of the game. These guys are couriers, not mercenaries, they subvert government communications blackouts through physical message delivery, THEY. ARE. NOT. SOLDIERS! They should be running from guys with guns, not shooting it out with SWAT teams.

On topic: Any Too Human achievement, I have all but 1 of them (damned if I was gonna grind for 120 hours to get some fucking "Epic" gear). The game itself was sub-par, I'm ashamed to have bought it, and the developers should have scrapped the project and moved onto something GOOD rather than making a sequel.

Mariakitten

Mar 29, 2010
Spoonful of Sugar (Keep Rachel aloft for 25 seconds) in Blazblue, it took two people both playing as unlimited Rachel and perfect timing.