Your greatest NEVER AGAIN achievement?

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Kuchinawa212 said:
MrShowerHead said:
Little Rocket Man

Why did I even do that? Just to get 30 GS? 30GS?!
Ninja'd

Half Life 2 Ep. 2 is a great game, but if I see that little gnome's face one more time...I swear...that stupid car...someonehold me back!
I very rarely bother with achievements but I love this game so much I was willing to try, damn was that a bad idea! To make matters worse, I got the gnome all the way to the rocket and didn't realise I had to close the door! Of course when the rocket launches and I have no achievement... well you can imagine my rage! I've since done it again though!

I'd probably say playing Halo:ODST in legendary was another big one as I don't tend to play games on their highest difficulty but I wanted to get Dare as a character for Firefight! Plus there was no flood in ODST. All the time Halo has the flood, I'll never be able to complete it on legendary!

Onyx Oblivion said:
Never again do I want to hunt all the Bobbleheads in Fallout 3.
Agreed. Especially when you try doing it AFTER the completion of the main storyline and find that the final one you need in in a place that you can never return to because of events in the story. I was so angry!

Tarmon'gaidin

Jan 15, 2009
Forza motorsport 3 Getting first place on every race in every event without hiring a driver it cost me about a month.

MatsVS

Tea & Grief
Nov 9, 2009
Pre-trophies, but I once finished Max Payne without losing any health, at all. Loooot of quickloads and -saves.

Matt_LRR

Unequivocal Fan Favorite
Nov 30, 2009
Kefkacultist said:
Modern Warfare 1 on veteran. Specifically mile high club

This. 2 hours a night, for a week, trying to get that level right.

No Fighting in the War room was brutal too. Spent a week just trying to make one checkpoint.

-m

OceanRunner

Mar 18, 2009
Probably "In Memory of Petruccio" from AC2. It took ages and I couldn't have done it without online help.

Jun 26, 2009
little.09 said:
test of faith: beat mirrors edge without shotting an enemy. wish i'd never tried
That was easy!
I got it first run.
Kill all the boheamoths in Fallout 3 and collect all the bobbleheads and for good measure Fallout 3's platinuim trophy.

InvisibleMilk

Nov 19, 2008
bak00777 said:
supertoast099 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
I just used the Fallout wiki.

OT: Getting a $5000 dollar bounty on RDR. I simply lack the will.
that $5000 bounty is rather easy, once u get to blackwater go to a roof and pick people off, or as i did it, just run around the countryside shooting random people, or take over a small town for a while then let them all respawn and repeat.
I did it just by horseback in armadillo, with cattleman revolver and winchester.
Yeah, i'm good like that. Then, I continued it, got 9k on my bounty, did Seth's mission and used a pardon letter on it. Boom!

LesIsMore

Jul 22, 2008
The "Au" and "Pt" achievments in "Prototype." I lost count of how many times I had to round the corners of Central Park, climb up and leap off a succession of skyscrapers, kill 30 hunters in two minutes and many other timed challenges that led me to wear a permanent dent in my floor from throwing the controller down every time I fell one-tenth of a second short. I'd already bought every speed and flight upgrade I could get, and yet it still wasn't enough for the longest time.

Runners-up would have to be any game that has item collection (orbs in Prototype and Crackdown, flags and feathers in Assassin's Creed, light seeds in Prince of Persia, wanted posters/unique guns in Call of Juarez, COG tags in Gears of War). Every time I grind my way through to completion, I promise myself I'm either going to let this one go or that this will be the last one - and then, when the new game rolls around, I scamper over like the obsessive-compulsive I am.

Also, the Veteran difficulties in Call of Duty 2 through 4. That's just masochistic.

Chromwell

May 22, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
My friend and I thought it would be a good idea to do this in one session with our new characters. We started the session at around 7:00 pm on a Thursday night some time ago. We didn't get the last bobblehead until around 7:00 am the following morning. It was pretty grueling, but we felt so accomplished when we finally got the last bobblehead. Those characters ended up being so beast!!!

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
Dead Rising's 7 Day Survivor achievement, and I never even got the damn achievement are you kidding me a minium of 12 hours infront of my console and having to plan everything out to a T. how in the hell people managed to survive 14 days is beyond me

Jackle_666

Feb 23, 2010
Heavy Rain: All Endings

That chapter system does not work as hoped. If I have to watch one more akward sex scene or watch that little cry baby Norman Jayden shed one more tear I will scream. My first playthrough was awesome. So awesome I wanted to see all the game had to offer. Now I can't stand it.

dwoo21

Aug 30, 2009
CINN4M0N said:
Getting the flags in Assassins Creed 1. A glitch in the game meant that though I got a certain flag, it wasn't recorded. I spent so long looking for a single flag before realising what had happened.

So yeah, I did the whole game again.
I feel ya, I gave up half way through...it was just too painful

Kurt Horsting

Jul 3, 2008
Almost beating Heartnana in a mirror match for Blazblue, and beating Alex Valle in super 4 in casuals at MWC. And by many im considered one of the best Noel, and Abel players in america.
What, you scrubs still care about gamerscore? Cause obviously you idiots need a number that tells how 'good' you are.