Your greatest NEVER AGAIN achievement?

Unhappy Crow

Mar 14, 2010
Dragon Ball Raging Blast's All Ruined. Worst idea of a trophy ever.

You have to go around in all 10 stages and destroy every environment without tossing the AI to them and you have to do it the right way(ie. destroy a building from top to bottom).

Took me months due to me getting sick and tired of having to repeat stages once I've destroyed everything in site. The trophy popped up in Namek after I destroyed a house.

MrSpunkSponge

Apr 30, 2010
The achievment titled "Save this Film" on Halo 3. You had to get a Perfection medal (15 kills or more in a match without dying afterwards) on a Mythic map

Luckilly for me the game i was in, half of the opposite team left, = easy chievo. But all previous attempts were crushed with difficulty, getting to 14 kills and the game ending was the most frustrating.... Never again do I wan't to have to try for something like that again.

SnippyWings

We're on a bridge charlie!
Aug 25, 2009
little.09 said:
test of faith: beat mirrors edge without shotting an enemy. wish i'd never tried
I tried to do that while getting the achievement for hard difficulty.
Was not fun.

Polarix

Jul 3, 2009
Well this was before achievements and trophies even existed but getting all the clue bottles in Sly 2: Band of Thieves was just a pain to get because I had to at least look around each of the eight world maps about five times just to get them all. I mean it isn't as bad as getting all of the blast shards in InFamous but it's still pretty time consuming.

Also trying to beat Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts 2 was one of the greatest challenges I had ever faced when I was young and I still haven't beaten him.

Also I'm never going to 100% Super Mario Sunshine ever again because of the blue coins. That was just annoying trying to find them all and the worst part was that the game only gave me an extra picture of the entire cast as a reward which is not that great of an award if you ask me.

Although the one achievement that I have unlocked that I feel absolutely the greatest about completing is getting the Band-Aid Fetish Badge by collecting all of band-aids in Meat Boy on Kongregate. It was an awesome feeling because it was the first impossible badge I had completed on site, however when I saw that Edmund (the creator of the game) had made an expansion pack to game in which you basically had to do the same exact thing over again on even harder level maps I just said screw you to the game because I was not going to go through that hell again.

Chrono180

Dec 8, 2007
How about Bladder of Steel in Rock Band 2? Since I did it on expert vocals, by the time I was finished my throat was REALLY sore and I had to pee REALLY badly.

Corporal Bill

Jun 23, 2010
Enemy Of The State said:
Call of Duty: World at War on Veteran difficulty.

Those Japanese and their damn tactics.

"BANZAI!!"
*Stabs Banzai charger*

I'm aliv- GRENADE SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMM

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
You sir won the game.

Havent done it yet but im on the bit where your in the map dome.

They just keep coming :(

Angus565

Mar 21, 2009
The Little Rocket man achievement...
Damn that gnome! I mean look at the little bastard!

I swear it's Satan in gnome form.

LesIsMore

Jul 22, 2008
Lem0nade Inlay said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Never again do I want to hunt all the Bobbleheads in Fallout 3.
Especially the endurance one, which forced you to traverse through the entire Dunwhich Building...*shudder*

To OP: Little rocket man in HL2: Ep Two. Or "Camera Shy" in Portal, where you had to knock off all the Cameras off the walls...it took me about four playthroughs to finally find them all.

EDIT: I also remember trying to complete "One Free Bullet" in HL2: Episode One, I finally did it after hours of get Combine soldiers with shotguns...then I DIDN'T GET THE GODDAMN ACHIEVEMENT!
I must've accidentally fired a shot somewhere...oh God, I was pissed.
"One Free Bullet" is a pain, especially if you didn't know that using a mounted turret counts. I cursed Gabe Newell's name many times as I restarted.

"Little Rocket Man" is kind of fun just for how absurd it is - the trick is to find the areas that you're going to return to (i.e. post Antlion caves, post bridge lowering) and leave it there. The car was an absolute annoyance though, without the decency to give us a hood ornament spot - it got to where I was firing the gnome many yards ahead and catching up to it.

Warboss Ethan

Oct 30, 2009
Getting all 20 Vault-Tec bobbleheads in Fallout 3 was not terribly challenging or time-consuming, nor was Guardin' Gnome in L4D2, nor Little Rocket Man in HL2:EP2. The latter 2 just required a good deal of slow, careful advancement and some substantial backtracking for Little Rocket Man. On the other hand, What Are You Trying To Prove? from L4D was something that takes both time and patience; I've survived all 4 campaigns from start to finish, but the game seems to forget my progress on the achievement so I haven't got proper credit for it. This is the major reason I haven't tried for Still Something To Prove in L4D2. For tests of skill and patience respectively, I submit the two following feats of strength:

Dr. Mario. Level 20. Hi.

World of Warcraft. Insane in the Membrane. Here's a fantastic guide that outlines how much time and effort this particular feat will cost you: http://files.spectralcoding.com/files/wow/index.html

TundraStalax

Jun 8, 2010
the dead reckoning sniper achievement, I swear, I got it by an accidental fluke on a soldier, and I will never be able to recreate it

Hawk eye1466

May 31, 2010
all the vidmaster achivements like compleating that highway on impossible i was so pissed i smashed a controler untill my friends came and helped out then it basicly turned into a party so it was a pain but ended fun although getting the rest was a *****

Lamppenkeyboard

Jun 3, 2009
godcommazilla said:
Mr canary yellow said:
The "Pure" Trophy for Flower man that shit was hard fcuking sixaxis
If you don't like sixaxis then you really shouldn't have bought Flower, I mean, didn't you even look the game up?
Do you know what the achievement is? It requires pinpoint accuracy with the sixaxis controls. It turns the game extremely stressful.

Dr Snakeman

Apr 2, 2010
Both of the collection-type Achievements in Assassin's Creed 2. All the feathers and all the glyphs. I'm ashamed to say that I resorted to looking up their locations on the internet, and it still took hours of dedicated searching to find them all.

I have decided that "collect all of X item" Achievements should be henceforth banned from Xbox games. Game developers need to come up with more creative things for you to do in their games than destroying your own soul with hours of searching.

KorLeonis

Mar 15, 2010
Xyliss said:
little.09 said:
test of faith: beat mirrors edge without shotting an enemy. wish i'd never tried
I did that on hard difficulty! My first play through o hard I decided not to shoot anyone...it was near impossible at times!
That was the best part about that game. Did it the first playthough on hard, only fired a single bullet (sniper shot, required to take out a vehicle engine) the whole game. It was tough, but certainly not impossible.