Your greatest NEVER AGAIN achievement?

KimberlyGoreHound

Mar 17, 2010
Proteus214 said:
KimberlyGoreHound said:
Proteus214 said:
Any of the "don't die or wipe" raid achievements in WoW.

The Immortal/Undying and Tribute to Insanity/Dedicated Insanity/Immortality.
Our Undying run (back when Naxxramas was actually difficult) was ruined by a twat who couldn't do the Safety Dance. We finished the raid, and made it through everything else without a death. Then looked at him.

Our second Undying run was ruined by an idiot Mage who Ice Blocked, tricking someone into hiding behind him (during Sapphiron).

There have been many other failures for silly reasons like these. We never did get Undying.

I would never even attempt Insane in the Membrane...
For my guild undying wasn't too bad, but The Immortal was absolutely brutal. Six weeks in a row with single-death Naxx runs. We never got that one.

The "kill it with nerfed gear" achievements weren't too bad. I ended up getting both of them (Herald of the Titans and Dedicated Insanity) on my first try, then promptly deleted those gear sets. Not doing that bullshit again.

The final phase of Anub'arak always destroyed our Tribute to Immortality runs and it wasn't until just recently that my old guild got it.

I don't consider Insane in the Membrane to be an achievement. I consider it suicide.
My guild hasn't even downed Algalon with current gear let alone with Herald of the Titans gear. Our progression's pretty shitty. Good job on those ones, mate.

PissOffRoth

Jun 29, 2010
Captain Pancake said:
Attaining all the veteran achievements on Modern Warfare 2. On that difficulty it turned a 5 hour game into a 10 hour one. Trying to complete the last part of contingency in only a minute and a half was the worst.
I don't know why everyone complains about how "hard" Veteran is. You just take less bullets. The enemies aren't any more tactical, any better at finding you or taking cover, and they don't take any more bullets to kill. They just aim better. Just take each corner slowly, when you see something that might be a guy, you shoot it. The ground is literally coated with bullets, don't worry about ammo conservation. I think people are just so used to the multiplayer "Jump into a room holding down the trigger and tossing all your grenades, absorbing 400 bullets and a few knives to the face in the process" style of FPS. Don't be such a Rambo wannabe and play it like someone who wants to live to see the end of the mission. Maybe you won't die so much.

Who'da thunk.

Proco123

Jul 4, 2010
Masonhome said:
Completing Brutal Legend on hardest difficulty: I just...I don't even want to talk about it.
I think i done that pretty easily. Sadly, something went wrong with completing it offline, transfering my profile to another xbox and losing all of the achievments i got, including all the serpents and everything GRRRRR.
So in a way I would never do half the achivements in Brutal Legend again cause i already did them but lost them all and i am really not going through all that again....

Larkin99

Feb 14, 2010
Calling in an mortar strike on a flying dropship in Warhawk. It takes a few seconds for a morar strike to be called in. The dropships are big, but if they move even a few feet you miss. Technically a trophy, but whatever.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
crackdown 1 and 2 collecting all the agility orbs........never again dear lord please never again.....wait theres a crackdown3 comeing out?! ahhhh will i never be free?!

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
PissOffRoth said:
Captain Pancake said:
Attaining all the veteran achievements on Modern Warfare 2. On that difficulty it turned a 5 hour game into a 10 hour one. Trying to complete the last part of contingency in only a minute and a half was the worst.
I don't know why everyone complains about how "hard" Veteran is. You just take less bullets. The enemies aren't any more tactical, any better at finding you or taking cover, and they don't take any more bullets to kill. They just aim better. Just take each corner slowly, when you see something that might be a guy, you shoot it. The ground is literally coated with bullets, don't worry about ammo conservation. I think people are just so used to the multiplayer "Jump into a room holding down the trigger and tossing all your grenades, absorbing 400 bullets and a few knives to the face in the process" style of FPS. Don't be such a Rambo wannabe and play it like someone who wants to live to see the end of the mission. Maybe you won't die so much.

Who'da thunk.
Loving the hate there, chum.

Apollo45

Jan 30, 2011
Captain Pancake said:
PissOffRoth said:
Captain Pancake said:
Loving the hate there, chum.
I don't hate you, I just think you're a noob that doesn't know how to play MW2. That's all.
Oh, good, glad we cleared that up.

Loving the insults, chum.
No, he's right. Veteran on MW2 was about as difficult as Legendary on any of the Halos. I.E. it was cake. Just gotta be a little more cautious. In fact, MW2 was a pretty easy game to get all the achievements in... took me about a week.

My group had a ton of trouble with the Endure achievement for ODST though. It wasn't that we couldn't do it, we just had the worst luck. First time through we did it with one of my room mates, who decided he needed to get to sleep two waves from the end and just quit out. Second time he did the same thing. Did I mention that he was horrible at the game? Third time we tried it without him and our internet connection cut out. Fourth and fifth tries the internet cut out on the last wave. After that we waited until we got a new service provider and four people who were actually good, and we finally got it.

Personally, though, the Zombie Genocide achievement from L4D just took so freaking long that it'd be something I never want to go through again.

ChipSandwich

Jan 3, 2010
Most of the achievements in World at War:
For the Motherland - Complete Heart of the Reich on Veteran difficulty
Perkaholics Anonymous - Reach level 20 in Der Reise without buying a single perk. I did it solo.
The Sum of All Zeros - Destroy 45 Japanese Zeroes in Black Cats:
Mission Complete!
>Start
>Objectives
>[44 zeroes destroyed]
Gunslinger - Kill General Amsel with a pistol

GTAIV pidgeon fetchquest (200 pidgeons)
HL2 Lambda Locator (100 caches)
HL2E1 one free bullet (fire only 1 bullet in the whole game)
HL2E2 Get some grub (333 grubs), little rocket man
Portal Aperture Science, fuck that.

Trolldor

Jan 20, 2011
Gralian said:
What achievement on the 360 or PS3 caused you the most grief to obtain, so much so you'd never want to do it again?

For me, it has to be the Leonidas achievement in BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger. A boss that takes away 70% of your life in one move and regenerates his health after should not be permitted in a fighting game.
Getting every achievement on Oblivion.

Every. Damn. Achievement.

DLC included.

Took so many hours of my life away... I feel like less of a human being for doing so.

MrGalactus

Elite Member
Sep 18, 2010
Never Give It Up (and Cartographer) on Crackdown 2.
GGGGGYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAn unreasonable thing to ask of the players.