Your Hero Name and Quirk?

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
I marathon'd Season 2 of My Hero Academia last night with friends over Rabbit, and I wanted to ask, if any of you were a hero in that world, what would be your hero name and Quirk\power?

One of my hobbies is Shaolin Kung Fu, so maybe mine would be Dragon Ball-esque Ki Manipulation, and my hero name would be Bare Knuckle. What about the rest of you?

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
My name would be 'Reptile' or 'Reptilian' or something like that. My power is to be able to sort of 'Hulk out' and change shape rapidly, developing a lizard like head with sharp jaws, increased muscle mass, longer limbs, huge claws for hands, a tail and armor plated scaly skin. Able to scale walls, spray venom, camouflage like a chameleon and regrow lost limbs as well as hold my breath under water like a crocodile. In this form I operate primarily on my instinct driven 'lizard brain'.

My control over my powers is limited but with careful practice I can sort of 'direct' my lizard brained self to fight crime and bad guys but I also need to take regular breaks. Also I can get energy from the sun and eat a lot less.

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
Vrex360 said:
My name would be 'Reptile' or 'Reptilian' or something like that. My power is to be able to sort of 'Hulk out' and change shape rapidly, developing a lizard like head with sharp jaws, increased muscle mass, longer limbs, huge claws for hands, a tail and armor plated scaly skin. Able to scale walls, spray venom, camouflage like a chameleon and regrow lost limbs as well as hold my breath under water like a crocodile. In this form I operate primarily on my instinct driven 'lizard brain'.

My control over my powers is limited but with careful practice I can sort of 'direct' my lizard brained self to fight crime and bad guys but I also need to take regular breaks. Also I can get energy from the sun and eat a lot less.
So, you'd be The Lizard from Spider-Man, but on-demand, and good-aligned, huh?

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
I'm convinced that if reincarnation is a thing, I was a motorcycle mechanic in another life.

So I'm going to go with 'Horsepower' ... and my special ability, super-intuitive understanding of anything with a motor. With the ability to make anything with wheels, wings, or propellers faster with a couple of hours within my garage.

Like... garage doors close, a racket of noise, an hour later of unsupervised labour and it's somehow better (in my interpretation of better) ... quicker acceleration, higher top speed, greater towing capacity, greater armour. Has to be unsupervised labour, however. Otherwise I get super shy and start fumbling. With often hilarious circumstances like accidentally screwing up calculations that cause engine fires, brake failures, or forgetting to properly attach wheels.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
I would like the ability to mimic the abilities of animals (a cheetah's speed, an elephant's strength, etc.). I would have to keep my animal senses from overwhelming my human ones, though...

As for my hero name... maybe something like Zoomorph or Bestiary or something like that.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
DarklordKyo said:
Vrex360 said:

So, you'd be The Lizard from Spider-Man, but on-demand, and good-aligned, huh?
Sort of yeah, but perhaps more crocodile like or dinosaurian. A sort of mixture of various reptilian traits rather than a direct one to one human to lizard. I guess I'm tired of all the reptilians always getting shafted and stereotyped as 'evil', I guess it would be nice to see more reptilian super heroes who are actually good guys. Using their reptilian logic and strength for good. Like Crocubot [sub]bless his soul[/sub]

But yeah, more reptilian superheroes please.

[sub]like you mammals are such hot shit[/sub]

CyanCat47_v1legacy

Nov 26, 2014
Vrex360 said:

Silly Vrex, lizards don't do any of those things. They just control the economy

CyanCat47_v1legacy

Nov 26, 2014
Well if i actually have to base it on something i'm good at in real life, my hero name would be "White Noise" and my quirk would allow me to knock people out by agressively explaining something to them

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
CyanCat47 said:
Vrex360 said:

<>

[sub]How did you find out?![/sub]

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
I'd say my quirk would be "Websurf". Long and short of it being that I could use data streams as a faux-teleport. Obvious limitations of this being that I need a definitive start and end point (a stopping point for the data). Which is to say that I could enter the stream at my laptop and exit at someone's webcam, but I couldn't exit at a random point on a telephone line. Similarly, while a cell phone would be a valid point of entry/exit, it would have to be at that phone, not just anywhere that has reception/wifi access.

Additionally, while I'd necessarily have to have some sense of where I was going, I figure that I'd necessarily be blind to what awaited me on the other side. I see it like entering a windowless hallway, with my exit point being another door. At best I can make an educated guess as to what's on the other side of that door, but I don't actually know until I go through it. Additionally, I doubt the power would come with tracking abilities. If I want to go to the other end of a phone call, I have to wait for the police's trace to give me a destination.

Hero Name...I think "Pulse".

CrazyGirl17 said:
I would like the ability to mimic the abilities of animals (a cheetah's speed, an elephant's strength, etc.). I would have to keep my animal senses from overwhelming my human ones, though...

As for my hero name... maybe something like Zoomorph or Bestiary or something like that.
Vixen?

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I'd be called "Gigabyte" and I'd have the ability to communicate with and control computer systems with my mind.

DeadProxy

Sep 15, 2010
Thanks to MHA, One Punch, and One Piece, there are dozens and dozens of weird and imaginative ways a thing can be a power, which makes my choices lame in comparison, but the most recent one I've been liking has been Impact Manipulation. There was a villain who had an impact absorption power, but I'd want a more in depth version of that. To absorb, contain, and amplify impacts.

To be able to contain physical stress my body feels, like being punched or hit with objects, or even the resistance an object exerts when stress is applied to it. Like say I lean my hand against a wall. I'd be able to absorb all the force that the wall is using to keep my hand from passing through it and reduces the structural integrity of it to nearly zero. Also, being able to contain that energy allows my body to become incredibly stable and adds to it's ability to absorb physical forces, so eventually even buildings falling on me wouldn't hamper my ability to move at all.

To sum that up a bit, if I was punched by All Might, the first punch would send me flying, but I'd absorb that as much as I could, plus the damage of being sent through multiple buildings, and if All Might punched me again at the same strength, I'd barely react to his punch, while also absorbing all the force that was put into the second punch, making me even sturdier.

Add on to that the ability to amplify the severity of the impacts I can deal out and I'd be a veritable juggernaut. But I wouldn't take that name for reason. Names are hard, but I guess After Shock fits well enough. And I'd totally be a villain, one to follow under Stains creed if I'm to go full weeb, which the length of this post seems to imply.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Entropic sunder - the power to accelerate decay by any magnitude, to enforce doubt, depression and betrayal upon the minds of any creature to each their mortal ends. I will summon and foster the omnipresent creeping shadow that encourages those to tear each other apart. Everything and everyone will crumble into chaos and order in the eternal cycle and I will be there with a helping hand as they sink gently within their demise. I am not a mere autumn, I am the infinite eclipse and all shall suffer within the enveloping embrace of my delirious darkness. Oh and I'll wear a cape too! Maybe even try to do some good with these terrible powers. Such as, hmm...

Example 1 - Cat stuck in a tree: Accelerate tree decay until nothing remains but hyper fungi. Make cat overly doubtful of itself so it never climbs a tree again. Better safe than sorry, idiot.

Example 2 - group of bullies bullying kid: Accelerate decay on one bully to make an example for the others. As they're coming to terms with such a harrowing sight, push doubt and betrayal into their minds and watch as they fight each other to brutal death. The survivor can spread the story as they deal with PTSD for the remainder of their pitiful life.

Example 3 - A person physically abusing their dog or any other pet: Easy peasy...push them into their own suicide. And I gain a new pet! Everybody wins.

Example 4 - Someone harrassing another person online through abusive communication: Fuck you! I'm the infinite eclipse! You are now disintegrated into tasty mushrooms. Perfect for a morning stew.

Example 5 - Homeless person be homeless and starving: Give them a bed at mine and a freshly cooked stew of course. What? Hey, not everything can be solved with entropy!

Example 6 - I can make my own alcohol real fast now. This is, by far, the most important detail ever and I will hopefully be really popular at all the coolest parties even if I happen to be a bit of a Debbie downer with the whole eternal depression and decay thing. Entropic sunder!
*Swooosh...drunkenly into the night!*

[small]I pinkie promise not to start a mass extinction. maybe just accelerate the one we got right now a little bit[/small]

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
I'm gonna go with "Polaroid" and I'd have powers centered around photography. Suppose there are some fun thing I could do with this. Travel to places on photographs. Duplicate items by photographing them. Maybe temporarily stop time by taking a a photo. All sorts of fun stuff.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
I'd love some matter/energy manipulation powers.

Being able to learn things super fast (brain is e-) and do things super fast while also being able to make matter from other matter or energy (and vice versa) sounds like a great bit of power.

I'd end up being boring and call myself something like The E-MM (The Energy-Matter Manipulator)

CyanCat47_v1legacy

Nov 26, 2014
Vrex360 said:
CyanCat47 said:
Vrex360 said:

<>

[sub]How did you find out?![/sub]
Because my grandfather was a Freemason. He told me the lizards were the ones who took control of the economy from them, just like they had taken it from the jews

dscross

Elite Member
Legacy
May 14, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Mint Berry Crunch - with the power of mint and berries, yet with a satisfying crunch.